Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
All that's doing is putting off seat listings on the exchange they run, not the others.

It's not the best idea, but they'd have to recoup tickets that you sold if you didn't pay. I'm sure that wouldn't be easy to do.

I have posted every game for the season on ticket exchange. I'm at the point that I don't care which games I end up at, but I can't go to a bunch of them. Sell what I can and go to the others.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
It's not the best idea, but they'd have to recoup tickets that you sold if you didn't pay. I'm sure that wouldn't be easy to do.

I have posted every game for the season on ticket exchange. I'm at the point that I don't care which games I end up at, but I can't go to a bunch of them. Sell what I can and go to the others.

Have you ever gotten a call from them about that? I'm hesitant to do that and I'm like you where I don't care what games I end up at.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Have you ever gotten a call from them about that? I'm hesitant to do that and I'm like you where I don't care what games I end up at.

Not as of right now. I was able to post them on Ticketmaster in full on Sunday night. Nothing yet. My prices are also below the face value of the section I'm in for a single game, but more expensive than what I paid for them. I don't want to be the one to reach out to them first and let them know that I'm planning on going to a set # of games and selling the rest after listing every game, but I can see why that is suspicious.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Received an email from the Mets yesterday to ensure my 2019 season tickets. They have some sense of humor.

Reactions: sabremike

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Language in Yankees renewal:

"Any direct or indirect sale, resale, auction, assignment or transfer (collectively, "Resale") of Tickets must be done in accordance with Laws. Any Resale in violation of Laws constitutes a material breach of the License and T&Cs. Any attempt by two (2) or more persons to gain admission with both a cancelled Ticket and any reissued Ticket whether as part of a Resale transaction and/or otherwise transferred by Licensee constitutes a material breach of the License and T&Cs. NEW YORK LAW PROVIDES THAT: (a) THE RESALE OF FIVE (5) OR MORE TICKETS WITHOUT HAVING FIRST PROCURED A LICENSE FROM THE NEW YORK SECRETARY OF STATE IS UNLAWFUL AND PUNISHABLE BY IMPRISONMENT OF UP TO ONE (1) YEAR AND FINES OF UP TO $4,000.00 OR MORE; (b) THE USE OF ANY MACHINE, DEVICE, COMPUTER PROGRAM OR COMPUTER SOFTWARE THAT NAVIGATES OR RUNS AUTOMATED TASKS ON RETAIL TICKET PURCHASING WEBSITES IN ORDER TO BYPASS SECURITY MEASURES TO PURCHASE TICKETS IS ILLEGAL; AND (c) "THE RESALE OF ANY TICKET WITHIN ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED (1,500) FEET FROM THE PHYSICAL STRUCTURE OF THE STADIUM (INCLUDING ANY BUILDING OR OTHER STRUCTURE AT WHICH TICKETS ARE OFFERED FOR FIRST SALE TO THE PUBLIC) UNDER PENALTY OF LAW." LICENSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUIRE PROOF OF A PROPERLY ISSUED NEW YORK TICKET RESELLER LICENSE."

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Language in Yankees renewal:

"Any direct or indirect sale, resale, auction, assignment or transfer (collectively, "Resale") of Tickets must be done in accordance with Laws. Any Resale in violation of Laws constitutes a material breach of the License and T&Cs. Any attempt by two (2) or more persons to gain admission with both a cancelled Ticket and any reissued Ticket whether as part of a Resale transaction and/or otherwise transferred by Licensee constitutes a material breach of the License and T&Cs. NEW YORK LAW PROVIDES THAT: (a) THE RESALE OF FIVE (5) OR MORE TICKETS WITHOUT HAVING FIRST PROCURED A LICENSE FROM THE NEW YORK SECRETARY OF STATE IS UNLAWFUL AND PUNISHABLE BY IMPRISONMENT OF UP TO ONE (1) YEAR AND FINES OF UP TO $4,000.00 OR MORE; (b) THE USE OF ANY MACHINE, DEVICE, COMPUTER PROGRAM OR COMPUTER SOFTWARE THAT NAVIGATES OR RUNS AUTOMATED TASKS ON RETAIL TICKET PURCHASING WEBSITES IN ORDER TO BYPASS SECURITY MEASURES TO PURCHASE TICKETS IS ILLEGAL; AND (c) "THE RESALE OF ANY TICKET WITHIN ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED (1,500) FEET FROM THE PHYSICAL STRUCTURE OF THE STADIUM (INCLUDING ANY BUILDING OR OTHER STRUCTURE AT WHICH TICKETS ARE OFFERED FOR FIRST SALE TO THE PUBLIC) UNDER PENALTY OF LAW." LICENSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REQUIRE PROOF OF A PROPERLY ISSUED NEW YORK TICKET RESELLER LICENSE."
The second the Rangers enforce that they lose 80% of their season ticket holders.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
In what world would it be the Rangers' job to enforce that? I'm picturing Colton Orr wrangling people up and tossing them into Ranger prison.
Rumor is Hollweg would come back to the US and go around boarding the violators in the middle of sidewalks into buildings.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
In what world would it be the Rangers' job to enforce that? I'm picturing Colton Orr wrangling people up and tossing them into Ranger prison.
IIRC the Rangers used similar language in their renewal. I know I pasted it in this thread (or its predecessor).

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
IIRC the Rangers used similar language in their renewal. I know I pasted it in this thread (or its predecessor).
Yeah, it's probably good legal sense for them to include it. But it's not a matter of what they will or will not enforce, that's not their issue.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I may have misread it to require a license from the rangers/yankees rather than NYS.
It's a State license, $5000 annual fee plus storefront requirement and bonded insurance policy. The spirit of the law is to keep first party brokers honest but the reality is everyone is selling through large marketplaces like Stubhub where 30% fees are the defacto bonding and consumer guarantee. No prosecutor is giving you more than a slap on the wrist for unloading your 6 season tickets and to my knowledge has not ever happened at all in the roughly 10 years this has been on the books

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
interesting quirk in the Knicks variable pricing. For some reason with seats in different sections but same total season cost, each game face value differs by +- $0.50 to $1.50. The 44 game average is the same for both locations

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I think they are making it up as they go along. I wasn't able to list any game at all. I contacted them and all of a sudden you can list any game (I haven't looked at all the games though) even if you're not paid up
So the monthly installment option would be pointless then, since I wouldn't be able to sell the games I can't make until I paid in full?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
So the monthly installment option would be pointless then, since I wouldn't be able to sell the games I can't make until I paid in full?

When the activated yes that's how it was, but after I called them they opened up the whole system to list anything even if you had payments left. So I'm not sure if it's a glitch, or they thought better of it, or if that's something they'll do next year

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
I called about yankee season tickets this year and the rep asked me how many games I was looking to attend. I said maybe 5 and he asked me what I would do with all the other games I said sell and give to my customers. He told me that if I was selling 40 percent or more of my games online that they would pull my season tickets

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I called about yankee season tickets this year and the rep asked me how many games I was looking to attend. I said maybe 5 and he asked me what I would do with all the other games I said sell and give to my customers. He told me that if I was selling 40 percent or more of my games online that they would pull my season tickets
That's really dumb.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Dumb and illegal. Dumb because Yankee tickets are overpriced and speculators eat up tons of their inventory they would not otherwise sell. Illegal because that's against New York State ACA law, teams are not allowed to punish ticketholders in any way for reselling any or all of their tickets

Reactions: sabremike

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
Dumb and illegal. Dumb because Yankee tickets are overpriced and speculators eat up tons of their inventory they would not otherwise sell. Illegal because that's against New York State ACA law, teams are not allowed to punish ticketholders in any way for reselling any or all of their tickets

yeah ive had a sunday yankee plan this and last year and sold every single game and no threat to revoke

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Giants have changed their policy. Either original hard tickets or on your smartphone. No more print-at-home. Not sure if that is also for the parking passes.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Just got an email from the Rangers. Anyone who purchases a plan in the lower bowl from now through the end of August gets a Lundqvist jersey. Seems like a hell of a deal to spend $400 on a pair of tix to most games to get a jersey worth $150.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Just got an email from the Rangers. Anyone who purchases a plan in the lower bowl from now through the end of August gets a Lundqvist jersey. Seems like a hell of a deal to spend $400 on a pair of tix to most games to get a jersey worth $150.
cheapest available is 11-game plan for $2716 per seat which is $246 per game for a single at the top of the rink end

Does not compute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad