Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I had a co-worker email me 2 weeks ago. She heard through the grapevine I had season tickets and asked if I ever sell any,and I confirmed I did. Keep in mind, she has only worked at my place for about a year and a half, and I have never worked with her, so I hardly know her. She said she would like to buy 2 or 3 of the following: Opening Night for her and her boyfriend. Then, Isles and Caps in November because her son will be home from college those days, then Columbus after Xmas, Pittsburgh or the Isles in January as he will be home then, as well. I simply said, I don't have those available. I told her only thing I had at the moment was Calgary and San Jose. She didn't want those but asked if any of those games become available to keep her in mind. She emailed me again, I didn't respond. She emailed me again, and I simply deleted it.

That sounds about right. lol

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
I had a co-worker email me 2 weeks ago. She heard through the grapevine I had season tickets and asked if I ever sell any,and I confirmed I did. Keep in mind, she has only worked at my place for about a year and a half, and I have never worked with her, so I hardly know her. She said she would like to buy 2 or 3 of the following: Opening Night for her and her boyfriend. Then, Isles and Caps in November because her son will be home from college those days, then Columbus after Xmas, Pittsburgh or the Isles in January as he will be home then, as well. I simply said, I don't have those available. I told her only thing I had at the moment was Calgary and San Jose. She didn't want those but asked if any of those games become available to keep her in mind. She emailed me again, I didn't respond. She emailed me again, and I simply deleted it.

Keep her in mind for playoff tickets or Vic Hadfield night....

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
90% of the games I sell, I do so privately. Mostly to friends and within 2 weeks of the schedule being announced, I have games divied up to my 4 regulars. This year, 1 guys is taking 8 and the other 3 are taking 5 each. Then, I will put another 5 or 6 on the exchange and usually take them down, one at a time, before they sell, to sell to a friend who just wants a game or 2. If I lose a regular, try to find another person to take a package of 5 games or so. No chance would I be willing to deal with selling that many on the exchange. This is how people got burned with Yankee tickets when they first opened the new stadium.

In fact, I always wind up turning 2 or 3 people away every year. They come to me looking to buy 5-10 games and it is either they want games that I plan on keeping or I just don't have enough to go around. I am not even talking about the idiots who contact me asking for opening night, an isles game, flyers game, pens game, caps game.

Did you select variable pricing or average pricing?

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
That’s one of the good things about variable pricing. I had a guy that would take like 5-6 games a year and he would always ask for philly, opening night, islanders, capitals and good Saturday games. I would give him like 1 of them and then 5 regular games then last year he shoots me his list and I send him the variable pricing on those games and all of the sudden his list changes. Lol

Reactions: ponytrekker

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
That’s one of the good things about variable pricing. I had a guy that would take like 5-6 games a year and he would always ask for philly, opening night, islanders, capitals and good Saturday games. I would give him like 1 of them and then 5 regular games then last year he shoots me his list and I send him the variable pricing on those games and all of the sudden his list changes. Lol

Absolutely. Variable pricing is a great way to deal with ticket poachers.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Which app do we use to view/edit our tickets posted on TE? I installed the TM app but it doesn't show my inventory.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
It should show it...it’s a different color. I think regular tickets are blue and resale are red. Did you click the button that says show resale tickets as well

I'm signed into the app. When I go to the My Tickets section it says "You have not purchased or received tickets for any events." There doesn't appear to be anything else to select.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Ticket exchange is defeinitely helping me sell less glamorous games right now. Never a problem to sell the more attractive games to my peeps. Since the Rangers have already put single game tickets on sale, their prices make my prices look like a bargain.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Did you select variable pricing or average pricing?
Average. When I sell privately, people get a choice. If they buy a pre-season game for full value, they can have everything for face. If not, I charge an extra $7 per ticket to spread out the cost of the pre-season. For my regulars, I give them a mix of popular/less popular games and for them, it is more about day of the week as compared to opponent. One guy works thurs-saturday nights doing private security. So, he likes Sun, mon, tues games. Another guy works 7am-3pm monday-thursday, so he prefers Thursday and friday night games. Another guy doesn't care, but asks for as few mondays as possible.

I am sure they could find out the variable pricing, but if if they came back to me saying they only wanted to spend the variable price for each game, well I would cut them off.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Was just posting some Giants games on Stubhub. I noticed now, when you click on a ticket listing, you get a message trying to direct you to other tickets. I clicked on something in my section/row to see what seat numbers they were. There was a message on the screen that said, "Better seats for only $3 more per ticket" with a link to another listing.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

UKflames

Dec 29, 2008
Do any of you have 4 tickets for the Flames game on the 21st Oct?? I am coming over from the UK for wifes 50th and being a Flames fan want to catch the game.

Fintastic Fan

Jul 30, 2018
Hi guys. Don't know if it's too early or not, but since the ticket sale thread isn't open yet, I might just do some pre-scouting here. I'm looking for a pair of tickets to the Vancouver game on the 12th November. Will be my first time in the country, and first NHL game too. Please, shoot me with a PM if you have tickets for sale. Thanks.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I noticed something interesting today. Normally, when I give my seats to someone, I put them on my apple wallet and text or email them to the recipient.

Below are screenshots of the back of two Yankee tickets. One from last month, and one for today's game. Notice that the 'share pass' has been removed from the ticket completely. Do you think they are going to get rid of this for the Rangers?

IMG_9454.jpg
IMG_9453.jpg

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
You can always take a screen shot and text or email that. They just make life difficult for no good reason.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
You can always take a screen shot and text or email that. They just make life difficult for no good reason.
It's true,but the technology exists to have the code change. It's only a matter of time.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I guess they could force two-factor authentication.... but will they?
Probably not yet, but the ushers were being pains about screenshots of All for One tickets last year without pushing the button to verify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad