Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Inventory is much better than last year. This is the first time I was actually able to downgrade.
I have 4 seats and it's hard to move period. Its been several years since I saw anything remotely worth taking and didn't expect much different based on everything said in the thread. In fact I'm pretty sure the seats I picked up just magically opened up because I checked that section earlier and didn't see them.
Yea it’s tough..I like my seats a lot just wish I was like 224 row 6 or 7 instead of 12. If this was 2012 I would probably do it just don’t know how bad resale will be this year. Thanks for the advice lol
I really don't think a few rows makes much of a difference in the upper bowls but not having the bridges in the line of sight gives a bit of an optical illusion IMO making the views seem bigger. Lower rows are easier to sell of course.
Yea I’m probably better off just staying where I am and buying those seats for a few games I want to go to
I did that where I could and it was easier with variable pricing since you could sell your own tickets for a Monday afternoon panthers game and pick up good lowers at a relatively low price point. I wouldn't do that for a high tier game. Those $295 tickets would be $400+. And if you decided to go back to the uppers you'd basically be stuck. And then there's the ridiculous cost of lowers in the playoffs.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Amazingly the Knicks appear to charge the same per game price for half season plans as for full season. Would be nice if it ever got to that for the Rangers.

Reactions: ponytrekker

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Amazingly the Knicks appear to charge the same per game price for half season plans as for full season. Would be nice if it ever got to that for the Rangers.
If the Rangers ever suck enough like the Knicks they will. This season's inventory proves that this is all cyclical.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Not sure what section you’re checking out but I see markups for knicks half seasons.

For example, 201 row 1 is 3212 per seat for half seasons = 146 per ticket. For fulls it’s 5852 = 133 per ticket.

Last edited:

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
If the Rangers ever suck enough like the Knicks they will. This season's inventory proves that this is all cyclical.
I actually think the rangers sucking for an extended period will be a lot more beneficial to fans than the Knicks. Despite the terrible state of basketball in New York, fans still come in droves to watch the Knicks. Part of that is the popularity of basketball, and of course the arena and the Knicks brand. Hockey unfortunately is more of a niche sport, so there just aren’t that many people that would go to a hockey game to see a crap team. I’m estimating that if the rangers do suck, MSG would HAVE to start making fulls more affordable and accessible just to get some guaranteed revenue. Now I don’t think that the rangers will be bad for long because they’re run pretty competently, they can sign free agents, and the nhl has great parity. But if they are I think it’d be a lot better for potential ticket plan holders than the Knicks situation.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
I actually think the rangers sucking for an extended period will be a lot more beneficial to fans than the Knicks. Despite the terrible state of basketball in New York, fans still come in droves to watch the Knicks. Part of that is the popularity of basketball, and of course the arena and the Knicks brand. Hockey unfortunately is more of a niche sport, so there just aren’t that many people that would go to a hockey game to see a crap team. I’m estimating that if the rangers do suck, MSG would HAVE to start making fulls more affordable and accessible just to get some guaranteed revenue. Now I don’t think that the rangers will be bad for long because they’re run pretty competently, they can sign free agents, and the nhl has great parity. But if they are I think it’d be a lot better for potential ticket plan holders than the Knicks situation.
Rangers are still an O6 team, an iconic brand, and are still a beloved NY team. However, much like the Knicks, fans won't tolerate MSG prices for a bad product, which is why inventory has been better this season than in the past.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I just looked again at those 118 seats...it’s row 16 on the aisle right next to 117..there 265 a ticket...you think I get killed with those?
Depends on how many games you plan to attend. If you are going to attend ~35 and sell the most popular games, you will be good. You plan to go to half and sell half to lower your cost? You going to take a pretty big hit.

Last edited:

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

Rangers are still an O6 team, an iconic brand, and are still a beloved NY team. However, much like the Knicks, fans won't tolerate MSG prices for a bad product, which is why inventory has been better this season than in the past.
It is not so much the Knicks that people come to see. NY is a very fair-weather town when it comes to bball and the basketball fan will come to Knicks games to see the stars of the other teams. Regardless of how bad of a season the knicks are having, their fans will still want to see them play the Cavs to see Lebron James. They will see want to come to see the Warriors for Curry. They'll come to see other superstars. It happens in hockey, but not as much. Yes, people will want to see Ovechkin, Crosby, McDavid, but the stars of other teams people will make a point to come see are much less than in Basketball, imo.

Reactions: Mkdaman1818

Socs5199

Jul 14, 2012
NJ
Anyone familiar with section 206? Do the lower seats and front row suffer from the crampness in the gallery portion of center 200s due to the TVs and cement lip there?
My brother had row 2 sec 207 and I thought this seats were great. Much better than row 1. I did not feel cramped at all.

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
i had relocation yesterday at 10am, i originally had pairs in row4 of both 208 and 217 for the past few years (9 in 208 and 4 or so in 217).

219 had 4 seats together so I went for that. now i can go to the game with more friends and family and all sit together. I feel more seats together will also help resale for the games i dont attend.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I have 2 pairs and we get them closer together every year. At this point they are 2 rows apart and I think that's how it's going to be for a while.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Ah ok, yes I see that for non center court bridges, ie section 311. The center court bridges have markups though (ie section 313). It tells me that those non center bridges are crap for resale and they’re willing to let them go for the same price as fulls just to get rid of them.

Last edited:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Well, after trying for 5 years, I'm in for a full season.

Section 311 row BS3. Seats 12 and 13 (yes there is a small pole between the seats, but I've dealt with it before and it was fine).

@patnyrnyg you'll have a new neighbor next season. Hope you get to keep those seats for fulls, as they are quite good.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Best call IMO.
Been there done that. Was a 1/2 in 114 row 16 or 17 and though they were great seats they were a boatload. I went to most games so resale wasn't that much of an issue and NYR were good for most of the year. Moved up to 200s center row 8. Half the price. And again, I hate the suit-wearing, sushi eating crowd of the 100s but that's just me.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Been there done that. Was a 1/2 in 114 row 16 or 17 and though they were great seats they were a boatload. I went to most games so resale wasn't that much of an issue and NYR were good for most of the year. Moved up to 200s center row 8. Half the price. And again, I hate the suit-wearing, sushi eating crowd of the 100s but that's just me.
Suits is just one part of the problem. The 100s in general are incredibly overpriced for very similar views without any additional benefits.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Section 311 row BS3. Seats 12 and 13 (yes there is a small pole between the seats, but I've dealt with it before and it was fine).

@patnyrnyg you'll have a new neighbor next season. Hope you get to keep those seats for fulls, as they are quite good.

Congrats. Out of curiosity, did they charge you new business price for the full seasons since you went from half to full or did they charge you tenured price?

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018

Congratulations my dude! I hear good things about the barstools.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Congrats. Out of curiosity, did they charge you new business price for the full seasons since you went from half to full or did they charge you tenured price?

I have no clue what the price difference is, but it came out to 5500 per ticket ($125 per game average).

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Congratulations my dude! I hear good things about the barstools.

They're amazing seats to watch the game from. I had a mini plan in 2015 in section 314 and it was great.

Sat in 316 for the entire cup run in 2014 (after having a mini plan in the corner 100s, first year getting anything). Fell in love with the seats after that and have wanted these kinds of seats for a full season since.

Reactions: Mkdaman1818

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

Cool. Glad you got what you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad