Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Yeah, during the regulations the TV timeouts occur after the 14 minute mark, 10 minute mark, and 6 minute mark. If there's no TV timeout after the 6 minute mark and there's less than 2 minutes to play, I believe they bypass it as well though that may just be for the 3rd period. No TV timeouts in OT except for the break to scrape the ice after the halfway mark.

Page 63 of "Losing the edge" reads:

"Keenan solidified his lines by moving Larmer to RW with Graves and Messier, and putting Kovalev at C with Tik and Amonte. He got the most out of his top six forwards by taking full advantage of a new regulation installed at the start of the season. To accommodate 60-second TV commercials that wouldn't normally fit into the game's flow, the league required the insertion of four 70-second stoppages, at the first whistle after 17:00, 13:00, 9:00, and 5:00 remained in each period, as long as neither team was on the power play."

So there were four TV timeouts, but they were MUCH shorter than they are now. TVTO's now must be at least two minutes, because I can leave my seat, run to the lav, and provided I don't have to wait, can finish up, wash, and get back to the portal before the TVTO ends.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
Just logged on to take a peak..seems like a lot of movement since this afternoon. The aisle seats in 114 and 115 are gone. Also gone are a good amount of tickets in 223 and 225. Also the guy who moved his 4 from 213 they are gone

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
If anyone likes behind the goal seats. There are 2 in section 102 row 7 on the aisle..185 per ticket. 2 rows in front of you pays 317.00
That makes no sense to me. It's 317 a ticket for lower behind the net and not in Delta or a Club seat?

Last edited:

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
I’m in that section.

It’s a great section with great fans. The only problem is the Jumbotron is cut off by the fing Chase Bridge.

There was a time when there was no center ice scoreboard... and people actually cared more about their view of the ice instead...

Just typin'....

Last edited:

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
that was almost impossible always...

ive learned to not get out of my seats until a tv timeout....i have it perfectly timed to go to the bathroom and wash my hands and still make it back before the puck drops

last year though i would linger and get a beer because i wasnt missing much haha
Not in the old 400s. Stand at top, hear whistle, back to your seat in 10 seconds.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
There was a time when there was no a center ice scoreboard... and people actually cared more about their view of the ice instead...

Just typin'....
Yup. I laugh when people complain that they can't see the main scoreboard. They have 2 or 3 huge tvs on the bridge for those who are blocked.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
There was a time when there was no center ice scoreboard... and people actually cared more about their view of the ice instead...

Just typin'....
I'll be honest, I usually sneak peaks at the scoreboard to keep track of who's on the ice but that's shown on those side screens on the bridge anyway.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
I'll be honest, I usually sneak peaks at the scoreboard to keep track of who's on the ice but that's shown on those side screens on the bridge anyway.

Actually, posting that information on the scoreboard is something new, and although I know that it is posted on the scoreboard, it's not something I glance up there to look at because I am not trained to... I tend to look at the play on the ice. I find myself only looking at that information to see who's going to get a minus one when the Rangers commit a stupid turnover and give up a goal...

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Actually, posting that information on the scoreboard is something new, and although I know that it is posted on the scoreboard, it's not something I glance up there to look at because I am not trained to... I tend to look at the play on the ice. I find myself only looking at that information to see who's going to get a minus one when the Rangers commit a stupid turnover and give up a goal...
I like that info before they drop the puck, especially if there’s a powerplay. I like to see who’s on the ice for the pp or pk, but I don’t keep track when the changes are being done on the fly (my eyes are glued to the ice then).

Blueshirt67

Sep 18, 2011
Piggyback pair in 221 at $69 per. Cheapest I’ve seen so far.
Lol! I let them go yesterday at 3:00 and theyre still available now. They were great for helping to finance my other pair in lower 209 over the last 6 years but you cant sell 2 piggybacks on TE or SH anymore so they have to be singles. I was able to exchange them for a pair of uppers in 209. They cost a little more but now when I bring friends they wont be in the other corner of the building.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Yeah, I'm curious as to what the current inventory is looking like overall?

All cheap price points gone for full season. Cheapest remaining is $99 a game in 200’s behind the goal which are also disappearing. Not much left overall upstairs, I counted 26 total tickets in the upper bowl. Still a lot left downstairs. Nothing on bridge level.

Reactions: RangerSeth

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
All cheap price points gone for full season. Cheapest remaining is $99 a game in 200’s behind the goal which are also disappearing. Not much left overall upstairs, I counted 26 total tickets in the upper bowl. Still a lot left downstairs. Nothing on bridge level.
Thank you! Does sound like that the inventory overall was a lot better than last year. Goes to show you that this is all cyclical.

Socs5199

Jul 14, 2012
NJ
Thank you! Does sound like that the inventory overall was a lot better than last year. Goes to show you that this is all cyclical.
Inventory is much better than last year. This is the first time I was actually able to downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad