Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
Let’s not forget that small business owners can buy these and then (up until this year) write them off for tax purposes. I bet that this may also be the reason why there’s more lower levels than usual too... no more writeoffs.
Not anymore they changed the laws that’s why I gave up my Knicks tickets

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
It's probably a combination of the two then. I'm happy that people are realizing too that the lower bowl just isn't worth it.
Yeah 100%. I also don’t really get why low level seats are so popular for hockey. I’ve sat in the lower bowl plenty of times and if I’m lower than row 15-20, I can’t see half of the rink. Would rather be in the back of the 100s, or in the uppers. Basketball is a bit different since the court is smaller. Closeness is better in basketball, not so much for hockey (for me anyway).

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Yeah 100%. I also don’t really get why low level seats are so popular for hockey. I’ve sat in the lower bowl plenty of times and if I’m lower than row 15-20, I can’t see half of the rink. Would rather be in the back of the 100s, or in the uppers. Basketball is a bit different since the court is smaller. Closeness is better in basketball, not so much for hockey (for me anyway).
Re-sell for the lower bowl is terrible as well.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I know that the people who just put down deposits and have no previous tickets to relocate have not gone yet, but does anyone feel there is a chance that there will be people who can walk into full seasons in "decent" prices for the lower bowl?

I think it's possible. The face there are so many right now, and that there are so many half seasons open as well, I think the lower bowl will open up to the public for all kinds of plans (full, half, and mini).
It’ll be possible for sure. It was even possible last year, but the prices were a bit stupid. A few uppers will also open up I’m sure.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Just curious in case I want to go to a game once or twice this season in a premium section, but how much is Delta face value this year?

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
If you don't mind me asking... You gave up your knick seats because of the change in tax laws but you were considering upgrading your ranger seats?
I could care less about basketball I did it strictly for my customers...went to 1 game in 2 years. Only made sense for me to have Knick tickets for the business.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Thanks but this still makes no sense to me. Knicks pricing for Delta is more expensive I think?
Yup, cheapest Delta for the Knicks (full season with tenure) is $730, and that hasn't gone up since 2013-14. The JP Morgan club cheapest is $3400, compared to about $1000 for the Rangers

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Yup, cheapest Delta for the Knicks (full season with tenure) is $730, and that hasn't gone up since 2013-14. The JP Morgan club cheapest is $3400, compared to about $1000 for the Rangers
Why would the Knicks Delta tickets be around $250 dollars more expensive, especially for an inferior product?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Really? Then why are Rangers tickets more expensive in general?.
Because Dolan's policy is no price increase if the team doesn't make the playoffs. Knicks prices have not moved for full STHs since 2013-14 while the Rangers have had non-stop double digit increases. If the Knicks ever make the playoffs again it's going to be a colossal hike. Meanwhile the prices get hiked on anyone moving to halfs

Reactions: Mkdaman1818

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Because Dolan's policy is no price increase if the team doesn't make the playoffs. Knicks prices have not moved for full STHs since 2013-14 while the Rangers have had non-stop double digit increases. If the Knicks ever make the playoffs again it's going to be a colossal hike. Meanwhile the prices get hiked on anyone moving to halfs
Not that I expect the Knicks to be good any time soon but I imagine they'd dress it up as trying to align the ticket prices between the two teams.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
The average for delta club which includes the food in delta 360 is 475.00
These seats make so little sense for me now. With a Chase card, I get chicken fingers, fries and large coke zero for like $12. Low 200s have a better ice view also. While high up middle 100s have a good view there are blind spots -- more of them the lower you go.

Reactions: RangerSeth

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Why would the Knicks Delta tickets be around $250 dollars more expensive, especially for an inferior product?
It's worth $250 to not have to sit there explaining icing, offsides, penalties and hand passes to the suit you took to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->