Seravalli: Rangers, Sabres, Red Wings in the mix for Kane

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
i know he is from buffalo, but was he a fan of buffalo as a kid? Or is it just because of being born there? Just curious.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
i know he is from buffalo, but was he a fan of buffalo as a kid? Or is it just because of being born there? Just curious.

He absolutely was a Sabres fan as a kid.

That said, I'm pretty sure he's on record as saying that while he loved growing up in Buffalo.....he's not sure he'd ever want to play here. Maybe his mind has changed, especially given cap room around the league.....but I don't think we'll be his first option.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Sylvain Turgeon had a card that has a really small Patty Kane at the glass in a Sabres uniform.

That card took off and then people realized how stupid it was to spend a lot of money on a card that had Kane as a kid on it and the price has since dropped.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
lol he's got his cups and doesn't care about winning another apparently

More likely: "Lol he wants money that only the fringe teams have, and then to be traded to a contender in February."

Detroit and Buffalo can offer him money that no shoo-in playoff team can. Both teams would gladly do it under the assurance that when the TDL comes around, they'd move him to a contender if they're out of the playoffs.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
3 of the least likely teams 2 of them, aren't seen as playoff teams, and the other he was already with and I get the sense it didn't really work out.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Those are pretty obvious suggestions. All are relatively close to where he lives and he's got some connection to the team (Kane and Debrincat are close friends.) With that said, I'd love to see him sign with Colorado, Dallas, or Vegas and go chase another Cup.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
kane-entrance.gif

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Christian Fischer dekes through five guys and dishes it to Debrincat for an easy goal, then Vince McMahon snags the mic from Ken Daniels and screams, "That's gotta... That's gotta be KANE! THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE!!!"
He's skating down on a two on one and then the lights go out. All the players are standing around and then suddenly the organ begins and a fire is suddenly projected across the entire ice.

Reactions: acetehubernoob

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Man he was underwhelming for the rangers. His effort was lacking for longer periods unless he was on the PP.
i don't believe it was effort so much as health, and ability for his body to perform as expected
I didn't like the deal at that time for that reason
How well can any of us move, forget about play hockey at highest level, with wonky hips?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Not sure Id want him back on the Rangers even for something like minimum salary.

He was a dud and he's just gonna get in the way of lines and PP units.

No thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad