Seravalli: Rangers, Sabres, Red Wings in the mix for Kane

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Who woulda thought Chris Chelios, traded to Detroit (at his demand) in 1999 at age 37 would go on to play another decade for the Red Wings.
to be fair, chelios hated that he was traded to detroit and at first, hated that he had to put on the red wings jersey (his own comments). So yeah its weird, but when you put that red wings sweater on, you start drinking that mighty fine kool-aid and lean right into it!

TeamCanadaGoldChamps

Oct 17, 2015
Ottawa, ON
dallas johnston down lol. hes their 3rd best forward.
1.22M - COL cap space (LTIR giving up more?)
1.57M - NYR cap space (Cuylle down)
1.60M - DAL cap space (Johnston down)
4.90M - DET cap space (Berggren down)
9.00M - BUF cap space

COL, DAL and NYR can't compete with money, but they are better contenders.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Weren't people in the Backstrom thread saying Kane was getting the same surgery? Seems like a big risk to sign this guy if true.
it is looking like they had either different surgeons and/or different rehab because backstrom never really looks good after but the videos from kane he looks pretty good and doesn't look like he is in much pain.

scoopscj

Feb 13, 2009
Central Joy-See
Kane would be great on a stacked cup team where he can play 3rd line center with some decent guys. He doesn't have to be "The Guy" anymore. Not sure if the three teams mentioned are a good fit. Rangers, much to my dismay, are playing well right now. Wings are decent too and Sabres are an iffy proposition at best.

Why not Boston? Good goaltending, need center depth, going to make the playoffs for sure.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Kane would be great on a stacked cup team where he can play 3rd line center with some decent guys. He doesn't have to be "The Guy" anymore. Not sure if the three teams mentioned are a good fit. Rangers, much to my dismay, are playing well right now. Wings are decent too and Sabres are an iffy proposition at best.

Why not Boston? Good goaltending, need center depth, going to make the playoffs for sure.
Center?

Reactions: Pile

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

Why would Kane be playing center?

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Sounds like all Canadian teams are out. Seems to be some smoke around Boston and Colorado

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Where are these pure rumours coming from though? Just people on hfboards talking or actual twitter posts/news articles type stuff?

think they've had this timeline roughly in line all along to sign. he turns 35 nov 19, which opens the door for teams with little cap space to load his deal with incentives that hit next years cap.

Reactions: Detroit Knights

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
think they've had this timeline roughly in line all along to sign. he turns 35 nov 19, which opens the door for teams with little cap space to load his deal with incentives that hit next years cap.
Need to be 35 by July 1 or at least before season starts for performance bonuses, regardless if he has a contract.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Need to be 35 by July 1 or at least before season starts for performance bonuses, regardless if he has a contract.

i stand corrected. had heard that talked about and made a lot of sense logically, given the flat cap has most contenders pretty much capped out. i am, however, no expert by any means in the cba.

either was not sure money is the primary driver for him at this point. he's put 100+ sheets in the bank. think this is about trying to prove he can come back and still be a big part of a good team with a shot at a cup. have seen it mentioned in several places he may take a 1 year deal to prove he's still got it and chase one more reasonable contract this summer with the cap lift, but i don't know how true that is or isn't. for all i know it's purely about who offers the most, i'm skeptical that's his priority with how he's wired, but i've already been wrong once here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad