Player Discussion David Pastrnak

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Exactly. If the Bruins are only going to get a single PP per game, then they can afford to have Pasta on the ice for TWO MINUTES.
100%.
So he can go full newborn Bambi legs some more? He’s on the shit list until proven otherwise.
Pastranak will never get out of his slump sitting on the bench. He has more offensive talent than anyone else on the Bruins by a mile, and they will live or die on the blade of his stick. If he’s injured, then by all means sit him down. If it’s a mental situation, then he needs to be out there.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Pasta's a shooter that, when given time is an accurate passer. It's seems easy to take time and space away from him on the elbow(near the boards is worse). He makes so many bad decisions trying to be cute with passes that have no lane.(and sometimes doesn't bother to look when drop passing.)

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I'm not denying him of any blame here becuase he has not been good enough, but I think part of the issue for him is the other two guys on his line have been absolutely useless so all you have to do is put two guys on Pasta whenever that line comes out.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'm not denying him of any blame here becuase he has not been good enough, but I think part of the issue for him is the other two guys on his line have been absolutely useless so all you have to do is put two guys on Pasta whenever that line comes out.
The guys on his line aren't falling all over the ice. Losing puck battles. Pasta looks a step behind. Yeah, he's getting hit. But I expect more from our #1 star because that's what he is. He's predictable on the pp(on the small chance we get a pp). His shot isn't accurate. I don't know if he's injured or in his head. But we need him to show up. We don't win without him.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The guys on his line aren't falling all over the ice. Losing puck battles. Pasta looks a step behind. Yeah, he's getting hit. But I expect more from our #1 star because that's what he is. He's predictable on the pp(on the small chance we get a pp). His shot isn't accurate. I don't know if he's injured or in his head. But we need him to show up. We don't win without him.

No one is falling all over the ice more than Pasta.

Seems like a stiff breeze sends him flying in this series.

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
No one is falling all the ice more than Pasta.

Which is why I can't understand what going on. He's our best player and we need him to be that. I hope he shows up on Saturday. I don't know if he's hurt or it's all mental, but we need our best player to show up. I hope he does. We need Pasta.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Picsart_24-05-03_12-09-51-152.jpg

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
No one is falling all the ice more than Pasta.

Lindholm also, but thats been a thing his whole career regardless of the time of season.

Even Beers called him out on it recently. Theres 2-3 times a game where he just falls with no contact.

Its so bizarre to see from an NHL player

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Its possible Monty might be an idiot.
Maybe...also maybe I'm in the minority here, but if you are well enough to play but are playing like dogshit I don't think it gives you a pass at all.

If you're injured enough to be a detriment to the team you shouldn't even play

Reactions: TD Charlie

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
IDK Monty. The Leafs have targeted him all series meanwhile you gave him Jake Debrusk as his left-winger in an elimination game.

And Debrusk has played well. He's a good playoff player his straight line game is/can be effective.

But we know what he's not (playmaking not his forte) and if your trying to get your top forward and top goal scorer going, is that they way to go about it?

There is no past history that says these two work well together. Cassidy didn't use them together much and neither has Monty really.

% of EV time spent playing alongside Pastrnak for Debrusk

2023-24 - 16.6

2022-23 - 4.1

2021-22 - 1.8

2020-21 - 2.5

2019-20 - 12.0

2018-19 - 8.0

2017-18 - 8.7

That's jaw dropping for two top 6 age comparable wingers who've been teammates for 7 years now. There is a reason coaches have generally kept them apart. So in a road elimination game with your top forward floundering, Monty gives him the one linemate he's barely played with?

Reactions: Ladyfan

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don't care who he's playing with, or how awful his lineys are. You make that kinda scratch, you have to make things happen. Period. Take a game or two by the balls and show your worth.

Nah, Bambi legs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad