Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Updated: 11.25.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Has it come out? who was the one 'excited' over Lindbom? or who 'made' the pick?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Has it come out? who was the one 'excited' over Lindbom? or who 'made' the pick?
There is no mystery here
He had a very strong U18 World's.
Would he have been around in 4th, and maybe folks here wouldn't moan so much? Maybe
But thats why every pick matters and you draft Hank even after drafting Snee

Anyway he may still work out, look at G guys like Campbell and Binnington, didn't find their NHL spot til their mid-20s or later

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
There is no mystery here
He has a very strong U18 World's.
Would he have been around in 4th, and maybe folks here wouldn't moan so much? Maybe
But thats why every pick matters and you draft Hank even after drafting Snee

Anyway he may still work out, look at G guys like Campbell and Binnington, didn't find their NHL spot til their mid-20s or later
I'm fine taking a goalie each draft. Not in the second, though. So much of the quality goaltending we've seen in the NHL in the last 20 years has come from the middle rounds or later. Some UDFAs, even. If we had taken Drury or Groulx or Wilde or whoever instead of Lindbom, and then taken Lindbom or Skarek or Rodrigue or whoever instead of Ragnarsson, I don't think you'd hear too much complaining. The 39th pick isn't exactly a goldmine of talent, but it's still a premium enough pick that I wouldn't piss it away on a project goalie.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
iu

Reactions: egelband and bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Seems like Cuylle, Othmann, Berard all performing well along with Jones and Schneider in the AHL. Robertson and Pajuniemi not too far behind. Let the kids marinate (with exception of Jones/Barron who should get a look for the NYR this year). Also nice to have a winning culture in Hartford.
Stocking that pipeline for the next 5-10 years hopefully.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
There are a few people here that hate him. He's a bit polarizing. I don't think he's a true 1LW but he's going to score goals, for sure.
Who’s a comparable? James Neal? Someone like that? That’s be amazing. But I’m just throwing darts.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Othmann has always reminded me of JT Miller. Make of that what you will but that's the kind of style/mentality/potential he seems to have.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Othmann has always reminded me of JT Miller. Make of that what you will but that's the kind of style/mentality/potential he seems to have.
He seems like a mature version of JT Miller. Can Othmann play center and take faceoffs, is he like Miller where he can play all 3 forward positions. Huge fan of this pick? Why does he wear 78? Anyone know why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA