Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Updated: 11.25.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Early.

Talbot stood out to me in his college career because he was playing for one of the consistently worst programs in d1 hockey, and still putting up great numbers.

I beleive Alabama doesn't even have that program any more.

Is Cam the only U of Alabama-Huntsville alumni to ever make it to the NHL?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Am I crazy or is this a particularly good year for our prospects? Maybe we've had two top picks recently who played in the NHL so I forgot what it was like to see our prospects perform well in Juniors.
We haven't had a ton of prospects in the CHL in recent years, I think is part of it.

Othmann, Cuylle, and Garand are having very good years. Korczak has been inconsistent, Grubbe has been okay, Vierling has been meh, and then Rempe and Boyko I just don't see it, LOL. But Othmann, to me, looks great, and Cuylle has an impact every game. Garand plays for a stacked team but has still looked terrific when they need him to be.

The past few years I've basically only watched the AHL and NCAA (and the Europeans to an extent), but this year I'm watching a ton of CHL games. The CHL guys, Berard, and the AHL from time to time.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We haven't had a ton of prospects in the CHL in recent years, I think is part of it.

Othmann, Cuylle, and Garand are having very good years. Korczak has been inconsistent, Grubbe has been okay, Vierling has been meh, and then Rempe and Boyko I just don't see it, LOL. But Othmann, to me, looks great, and Cuylle has an impact every game. Garand plays for a stacked team but has still looked terrific when they need him to be.

The past few years I've basically only watched the AHL and NCAA (and the Europeans to an extent), but this year I'm watching a ton of CHL games. The CHL guys, Berard, and the AHL from time to time.

You didn't mention Berard or were you just talking about the CHL guys?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Brody Lamb had 2 assists which were his first points in several games. He only has 8 points in 16 games in the USHL which is disappointing. He's still young for the league by about a year relative to average, and he's a project, but I was still hoping to see him scoring at a better rate than that.

PetahFromBensonhoist

Jun 2, 2021
Brooklyn
Brody Lamb had 2 assists which were his first points in several games. He only has 8 points in 16 games in the USHL which is disappointing. He's still young for the league by about a year relative to average, and he's a project, but I was still hoping to see him scoring at a better rate than that.
Thanks for the update. I've been interested in Lamb's progress since he was picked in the draft.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Berard's progression to this point reminds of Jones'. It's seemingly exponential.

First year they had minimal roles but made big impacts and made WJC teams that they really had no business making.

Second year they become way more effective on teams that are much stronger, culminating of course with Jones' team winning the NCAA championship with him in a leadership role.

Third year remains to be seen for Berard of course but Jones is laughing at the AHL and the only reason he isn't in the NHL is that we really want our best trade chip to get his game going

Idk just me noticing parallels where they aren't lol

Reactions: RGY

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Will Berard be ready for 3RW at some point next season?

Talking to scouts and people close to him, I think the "secret is out" so to speak and we might see him turn pro sooner than expected.

Berard himself though, is really excited about playing with his brother Brady who joins Providence for next season. Berard staying his junior year always felt like the obvious choices but it's hard to turn down that ELC with a juicy bonus.

Jones was smart by negotiating them having it kick in immediately, giving him 185,000 dollars in signing bonuses alone in just 3 months. If Berard can be persuaded the same way, don't rule it out.

The biggest difference between the two is their age though. Jones was an early birthday and among the oldest in his draft class, while Berard is one of the youngest. Berard is roughly the same age as Jones was in his freshman year.

Reactions: RGY and duhmetreE

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
On Berard—the openings are going to have to be there for him and for the next couple years anyway I don’t see how he fits onto the Rangers as a winger when you see guys like Gauthier and Hunt starting to contribute—and Blais returns and when a Pajuniemi is beginning to put up points in Hartford and when you have others like Othmann and Cuylle who will also be knocking on the door. Berard is going to have to fight his way past a lot of competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad