Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Updated: 11.25.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Eh, I don't know. Korczak is certainly a perimeter-oriented player, but not exclusively so. He'll try to take guys one-on-one, he'll go behind the net to make plays, he can play down low on the PP. I mean he's not a guy who is going to force his way into space, be a menace in front of the net, or dominate the corners, but he has enough vision and skill that he can still be highly effective while playing a more "outside" game.

Reactions: egelband

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Eh, I don't know. Korczak is certainly a perimeter-oriented player, but not exclusively so. He'll try to take guys one-on-one, he'll go behind the net to make plays, he can play down low on the PP. I mean he's not a guy who is going to force his way into space, be a menace in front of the net, or dominate the corners, but he has enough vision and skill that he can still be highly effective while playing a more "outside" game.

He strikes me as a similar player to Ryan Strome stylistically.

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Henriksson is supposed to be back today and he's listed as a starter, on the first line centered by Lundqvist with Mursak on the other wing.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Awful pick is awful.
He has had a few very good games this year, and a few stinkers as well. He had a terrible start, but rebounded to get his SV% up to .910. After today it's back down to .900, while his counterpart Fredrik Dichow is at .920--through 11 games to 7 for Lindbom. He'll be 21 all year so it's not like there's no time for him, but still, playing mediocre hockey in Allsvenskan is not where you'd want a second round pick to be in his D+4.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
He has had a few very good games this year, and a few stinkers as well. He had a terrible start, but rebounded to get his SV% up to .910. After today it's back down to .900, while his counterpart Fredrik Dichow is at .920--through 11 games to 7 for Lindbom. He'll be 21 all year so it's not like there's no time for him, but still, playing mediocre hockey in Allsvenskan is not where you'd want a second round pick to be in his D+4.
Does Olof display any “plus” skills? Is there any hope for him?

Reactions: nyr2k2

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

He is small and fragile too.

But seriously, the kid has been through a lot with a serious concussion that held him out for like 11 weeks mid season D+1 and then the following year a serious foot injury that required surgery and made him miss the WJC d+2.

There is no doubt that you would like to see more at this point. Whether there are excuses are irrelevant for us. But could one hope for him to have a delayed big development spurt? If he did, the above would be given as the explanation for it. Is it likely? Anyone’s guess, but…

Reactions: nyr2k2 and egelband

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Kid's been staying productive, hard to ask for more if we're looking at the stat sheet. Need to start watching more full games to see him without the puck, but i'm definitely getting pretty hyped for him.

That was a pretty damn impressive shot off the pass.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm maybe not the best at evaluating hockey goalies, but everyone always mentioned his good technique and smart positioning as his two most notable attributes (other than our scout Jan Gajdosik hilariously mentioning his "improved stick work" as one of the reasons to be optimistic). Honestly, I haven't seen much of that in the times that I've watched him. I remember seeing him a couple years ago and he was on good position for the most part, but seemed a bit slow to react and honestly kind of robotic--almost like he was sacrificing athleticism to focus on the fundamentals.

Again, he's going to be 21 all year and goalies take time, so there's always a chance he figures it out. I haven't personally seen anything from him that makes me think that's likely, but you never know. He will need to earn a contract by June 1. It's possible that if he figures it out, it's once we've already made the decision to pass on him. Go en our goalie depth right now I'd expect them to give him a contract just because, and keep him in Sweden for another year or two to see if anything good happens.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
To summarize, Othmann was 2+1 with 6 SOG.

Vierling was scoreless with 3 SOG.

Korczak was -3 with 1 SOG.

Grubbe was +1 with 1 SOG and was 14/19 on draws.

Boyko allowed 5 goals on 18 shots before being pulled halfway through. :( I need a nickname for him.

Rempe managed a -2 in a 5-3 win. He was 12/19 on the dot.

Kempf had an assist, was +2, and had 4 SOG. He has been a pleasant surprise.

Hughes is out a few weeks with an injury.

Berard had an assist and 3 shots.

Kjellberg picked up a secondary assist in a silly 7-2 win over poor LIU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad