Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Updated: 11.25.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Othmann has always reminded me of JT Miller. Make of that what you will but that's the kind of style/mentality/potential he seems to have.

I can see it.

From a style comp I see a lot of Corey Perry. I wouldn't ever expect a 50 goal season out of him but he knows how to put the puck in the net while simultaneously being irritating.

Reactions: Daves a mess

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Othmann has always reminded me of JT Miller. Make of that what you will but that's the kind of style/mentality/potential he seems to have.
Nothing like JTM at all especially personality wise

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I see some Lucic in his game in Cuylle. Lucic was a 2ed round pick both plays the same styles of game. I hope Berard can become the type of steal like Cam Atikson/ Max Calvert was, i see some similarities, and hope Berard is not another Greg McKegg/ Nathan Gerbe. On Othmann I see a JT Miller/Brendan Morrow type

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014

Seems like a very good speaker to me :dunno:

Never saw this particular interview, thanks. I thought his interviews were amazing at training camp as well. 18 years old at his first NHL training camp and he seemed so clear on where he is and where he wants to be.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I didn’t know anything about Othmann at the draft, just that the board melted down when we took him.

If you were to read his draft thread here and his draft thread on the prospects board you’d think they were talking about two completely different players.

By all accounts it was a good pick at 16 and only looks better as of today. Comes off as the kind of guy with the compete level and skill set you win with.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
yes...any player who turns 20 after 1/1/22 is eligible.
Thanks...yeah I wasn't sure.
I'm wondering if all of Othmann, Cuylle and Garand will be chosen and make the Canadian Juniors...Since Garand was the backup last year, I'm sure he has a decent chance of making the team, maybe not as a starter...

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
garand will make it as the 3 goalies. whether or not he starts is the question...

othmann almost certainly makes it and likely ends up on a line with shane wright since they have history together...

looking at roster predictions and their summer camp roster, i doesn't look like cuylle is in the mix

Reactions: FireGerardGallant

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Garand stopped 35/36. He's now 13-2 with a 1.74 and .933. The GAA is 4th, but the guys in front have played 10, 9, and 8 games to his 15; his SV% is second but the guy ahead of him has only played 10. Basically he has been having an awesome year.

Our future Talbot?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Our future Talbot?

Early.

Talbot stood out to me in his college career because he was playing for one of the consistently worst programs in d1 hockey, and still putting up great numbers.

I beleive Alabama doesn't even have that program any more.

Garand plays for a great team, so sometimes that makes it hard to judge quality based on stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad