Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 9.1.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I'm just looking for progress from him. The stats don't matter much to me.
i agree. like if he worked on skating, 2 way play and faceoffs. i feel he will play center at the NHL level. i don't think Andersson would thrive on the wing, although I could be wrong. Chytil i can see being a winger. i think Howden and Andersson will strictly play center. if Howden can build on last season with faceoffs, he would be a good option to have late in games and whatnot. i hope Howden shows more bite and offense this season. he does have an edge in his game and goes to the net

Reactions: egelband

BLOCKERSAVE

Jan 16, 2013
Someone put together a 2 minute clip of Lundkvist's plays from yesterday. Pretty cool for those of us who couldn't watch the game. I hope he'll do more of it.

Thanks for the clip, I have a question, one of the player from Nils team has a blue jersey on but the rest of the team is wearing red. What is that all about?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Thanks for the clip, I have a question, one of the player from Nils team has a blue jersey on but the rest of the team is wearing red. What is that all about?

The CHL has a special jersey for the player who leads the team in points. It's similar to the golden helmet in Liiga (Finland)

topscorer.jpg

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Gaining experience, getting stronger, getting better.

Check, check and check.

Yeah. And don't underestimate the impact the CHL away games have on a young kid like Nils. The experience of visiting Augsburg, Liberec and Belfast in the group stage, from a personal standpoint, is huge for his development. Not so much the hockey aspect of it.

Kakko last season played in 10 different countries for instance.

Reactions: Leetch3

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
He's 20. Only 2 years removed from his draft.

Cody Glass played junior hockey for 2 years and nobody calls him a bust. People jump to conclusions. I've brought up several times this past season how it is too early to call him a bust. Does he need to get better? Sure. But he's not a bust. He's 20, going into his D+3 season. If Lias played junior hockey the last 2 seasons, he would tear it up and nobody would complain. Lias put up the 2nd most points ever by an u17 player in the SuperElit (Swedish Juniors). He then played in the SHL for a full season before even being drafted. If he was in the WHL like Glass all this time, he would have been scoring left and right.

Ok, but he wasn't originally considered to be a top 6 skater for us. Correct?

I am pulling for him also. I like his scrappy play. But realistically what can we expect, another depth player?

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Yeah. Americans are very conservative when it comes to sports. You can like it or dislike it, but I think it's fun and they are at least trying something new. The golden helmet in Finland I actually like a lot
Love the concept, would be great for introducing kids to the sport as well. Kids would LOVE when the blue player touches the puck, waiting for something exciting to happen. And when their fsavorite player gets the bluLike the blue cards in the Fifa games I used to play- you'd know the player was the shit right off the bat....But JERSEY BLASPHEMY DONT RUIN HOCKEY AGAIN, BLUE SEATS STOLEN AT MSG, INSTAGATUH RULE RAAAHRAAAHHHH means it would never happen.

Don Cherry's head would explode into beautiful fireworks that sprouted flowers as they landed on fresh green meadows

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Yeah. Americans are very conservative when it comes to sports. You can like it or dislike it, but I think it's fun and they are at least trying something new. The golden helmet in Finland I actually like a lot
You know it's funny, but in watching the Kakko highlights I noticed some other linemate was wearing the golden helmet and not him. Anyone know who he was?

Edit; nevermind it was Palve, whoever he is.

Edit again: Oula Palve signed with the Pens in April! After a career year with TPS playing alongside Kakko, the 27 yr old center signed a one-year, entry-level contract with Pittsburgh.

Last edited:

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I don't know what to make of this kid. At least Chytil showed some promise last year. Any thoughts?

Wait and see is my first thought and it wouldn't shock me if years from now fans are upset he leaves via FA for more money. Fans questioning and prematurely bashing him will likely be the first to complain management lost him.

Long way to go before then for more players than Lias.

I think he's a more gifted Callahan.

Reactions: ohbaby

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You know it's funny, but in watching the Kakko highlights I noticed some other linemate was wearing the golden helmet and not him. Anyone know who he was?

Edit; nevermind it was Palve, whoever he is.

Edit again: Oula Palve signed with the Pens in April! After a career year with TPS playing alongside Kakko, the 27 yr old center signed a one-year, entry-level contract with Pittsburgh.

Kakko was wearing the Red Bull helmet for best u21 player on his team. That's why

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Ok, but he wasn't originally considered to be a top 6 skater for us. Correct?

I am pulling for him also. I like his scrappy play. But realistically what can we expect, another depth player?

that is basically the point that @Amazing Kreiderman is trying to make...if Lias had spent the last 2 years in sweden (or tearing up juniors) and was coming into camp this year as a rookie with 0 games under his belt, those top 6 expectations would still apply and people would be super excited. but instead because we watched him struggle at a young age people are ready to write him off. same thing can be said about chytil.

does that mean that they will turn into stars, no of course not. but its very easy to forget just how young these guys are sometimes...

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
that is basically the point that @Amazing Kreiderman is trying to make...if Lias had spent the last 2 years in sweden (or tearing up juniors) and was coming into camp this year as a rookie with 0 games under his belt, those top 6 expectations would still apply and people would be super excited. but instead because we watched him struggle at a young age people are ready to write him off. same thing can be said about chytil.

does that mean that they will turn into stars, no of course not. but its very easy to forget just how young these guys are sometimes...

Players who were still in college/juniors at the same age:

Giroux
Scheifele
Krejci
Couture
Barzal
Stone
Hoffman

And tons more. But hey. Lias is a bust because he was in the AHL

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
He's a bust because he has poor choice in facial hair and hair styling

Reminds me of how close that last crop of young Rangers were. Callahan, Dubinsky, Girardi and then Hagelin, etc who all hung out together.

Many more names with this group and they appear much more talented.

Hope they can grow together without a cap derailing the togetherness down the road.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
i agree. like if he worked on skating, 2 way play and faceoffs. i feel he will play center at the NHL level. i don't think Andersson would thrive on the wing, although I could be wrong. Chytil i can see being a winger. i think Howden and Andersson will strictly play center. if Howden can build on last season with faceoffs, he would be a good option to have late in games and whatnot. i hope Howden shows more bite and offense this season. he does have an edge in his game and goes to the net

Pretty much see it the reverse. I like Chytil at center over Andersson for the following reasons: 1) Filip's a better overall skater--faster and smoother. He's a guy who can bring the puck up the ice and keep up with his wingers. Andersson's stride is choppier and his skating could still use some work. He definitely could use another half step anyway in the speed department--2) Chytil's offensive instincts are better and he's better at using his teammates 3) Chytil has better size and having size down the middle matters.

What Filip needs to work on: 1) his defensive game--he makes too many bad or late reads 2) face-offs.

I like Andersson better as a Left Wing because it plays to a lot of his strengths--he's a good battler and grinder along the boards and in the corners. He's more of a shoot first player than Chytil is. His average food speed would be less of a detriment at that position and he won't have to cover nearly as much territory as a wing. He is better at face-offs and defensive reads as a center than Chytil but IMO if the Rangers stick with him as a center he will top out as a 3C. His chances of becoming a top 6 forward improve a lot if he plays wing.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Pretty much see it the reverse. I like Chytil at center over Andersson for the following reasons: 1) Filip's a better overall skater--faster and smoother. He's a guy who can bring the puck up the ice and keep up with his wingers. Andersson's stride is choppier and his skating could still use some work. He definitely could use another half step anyway in the speed department--2) Chytil's offensive instincts are better and he's better at using his teammates 3) Chytil has better size and having size down the middle matters.

What Filip needs to work on: 1) his defensive game--he makes too many bad or late reads 2) face-offs.

I like Andersson better as a Left Wing because it plays to a lot of his strengths--he's a good battler and grinder along the boards and in the corners. He's more of a shoot first player than Chytil is. His average food speed would be less of a detriment at that position and he won't have to cover nearly as much territory as a wing. He is better at face-offs and defensive reads as a center than Chytil but IMO if the Rangers stick with him as a center he will top out as a 3C. His chances of becoming a top 6 forward improve a lot if he plays wing.

The more I think about it, these two guys would compliment each other very well, two guys on for draws is just never a bad thing. I'm thirsting really hard to see Lias, Chytil & Kakko out there together, would be really interesting to me. Just a strong, creative & young line there which can be easily sheltered by what else is on this team currently.

Reactions: eco's bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The more I think about it, these two guys would compliment each other very well, two guys on for draws is just never a bad thing. I'm thirsting really hard to see Lias, Chytil & Kakko out there together, would be really interesting to me. Just a strong, creative & young line there which can be easily sheltered by what else is on this team currently.

Maybe a couple years from now those three together would make a great line but for now I think Kakko needs to play all the time with either Zibanejad or Panarin. He'll get better faster doing that. I'm hoping Chytil will take a big step forward this year though and become at least a pretty decent 2c by the end of the year. He's got the talent--he's an excellent skater who can cover a lot of territory and he has size and strength. He's kind of got a Jagr like build.

Reactions: Rongomania
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad