Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 5.12.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I dont disagree, both my lists had both the NHL and AHL signees. Expectations vary.
Consensus may be that NJones(AHL deal) had stronger rookie pro season than Elmer(NHL deal) Just gotta hope you pick guys who make most of opportunity
Yeah Jones was fore sure better than Elmer in every aspect. I was really disappointed in what I saw from Elmer, which was basically nothing. Actually I can't even remember seeing Elmer.

Newell, I though he made more of an impact than his stats suggest. That said, given his age, he basically has to have a big AHL year next season or else he's probably never going to get a shot.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
redden was buried in the AHL and then we used the amnesty buyout after the 'wade redden' rule made it so you couldn't bury contracts in the AHL. but he wasn't bought out before that.

you are right.

If they get a buyout it should be used on Staal. There is more value to making that move than just money.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Richards seems like a solid signing for Hartford.

All these UDFA forward signings seem to point to guys such as Gropp, Leedahl and the like to go unqualified

Can see the same, too. My guess is Beleskey, Gropp, Leedahl, Haley, and Crawley are all gone. Could be it for Nieves, Lettieri, O'Regan, Fontaine, Fogarty, Raddysh, Ebert, Berube.

We'll see....

Reactions: Mikos87

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
hopefully they keep some contract space for some prospects. does Morgan Barron sign this summer or does he go the UFA after he finishes schools next year? with Rangers snagging these undrafted and drafted players that DONT SIGN with their drafted teams, imagine if they lost Barron to the Islanders or Bruins for example, that would suck.

There will be plenty of space. 20 contracts are coming off the books this offseason.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Yeah Jones was fore sure better than Elmer in every aspect. I was really disappointed in what I saw from Elmer, which was basically nothing. Actually I can't even remember seeing Elmer.

Newell, I though he made more of an impact than his stats suggest. That said, given his age, he basically has to have a big AHL year next season or else he's probably never going to get a shot.

Newell was actually okay this season. Not great in anyway, but provide some chances offensively. I'd give him another year, but I don't think he'll be an NHLer.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Can see the same, too. My guess is Beleskey, Gropp, Leedahl, Haley, and Crawley are all gone. Could be it for Nieves, Lettieri, O'Regan, Fontaine, Fogarty, Raddysh, Ebert, Berube.

We'll see....

I think Raddysh will be sticking around for sure. He had a really good year. I also think the Rangers would welcome back any of Lettieri, Nieves or Fogarty---maybe even O'Regan. That said Lettieri in particular might want to take his chances with another organization that might give him more of an NHL hope.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
IF Cap is reduced, the indication from insiders and pundits is that some sort of accommodation, such as 'Amnesty' Buy-Out (no Cap Hit)., will be authorized.
Doesn't mean NYR would use it, @GoAwayStaal is not NYR GM ...
Maybe they could buyout Shattenkirk’s buyout penalty.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

We'll see....

Just posted nearly the same thing on the other thread. Think they keep Raddysh, he is a RHD and played well, and they keep Berube for expansion reasons on a two year deal. But the rest are all gone imo, and need to go. You try and replace them with some other AHL veterans and 4A guys that can step in like Digi and McKegg, and other free agent signings.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think Raddysh will be sticking around for sure. He had a really good year. I also think the Rangers would welcome back any of Lettieri, Nieves or Fogarty---maybe even O'Regan. That said Lettieri in particular might want to take his chances with another organization that might give him more of an NHL hope.
Yes, I think they should keep Raddysh. I said all along--even when Keane was here--that Raddysh was the best all-around defender on that team. They'd be smart to keep him. Lettieri and Fogarty, I hope they can keep, but as you said Lettieri in particular may want to move on. Nieves, I don't know--everyone knows how big of a fan I've been of his over the years, but the fact that he misses half of every season is becoming too much. They could find someone else that's better and more reliable. O'Regan, I like. I'd keep him, but only on an AHL deal. I'd also consider keeping Ebert, if he's interested. I though he was good.

Some of it come down to how many contract spots we have available. If we end up with like 40 contracts and O'Regan is still around, sure, give him an NHL deal if that's what it takes.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Yes, I think they should keep Raddysh. I said all along--even when Keane was here--that Raddysh was the best all-around defender on that team. They'd be smart to keep him. Lettieri and Fogarty, I hope they can keep, but as you said Lettieri in particular may want to move on. Nieves, I don't know--everyone knows how big of a fan I've been of his over the years, but the fact that he misses half of every season is becoming too much. They could find someone else that's better and more reliable. O'Regan, I like. I'd keep him, but only on an AHL deal. I'd also consider keeping Ebert, if he's interested. I though he was good.

Some of it come down to how many contract spots we have available. If we end up with like 40 contracts and O'Regan is still around, sure, give him an NHL deal if that's what it takes.
O'Regan played for Quinn I can see O'Regan be a depth guy on the Rangers next season.

Reactions: egelband

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Vince prospect signing chat w Drury cites Giuttari as AHL-signed. i asked for clarification

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

Yeah I could see the same. I would love for Raddysh to get a shot at the NHL club. Just does all the small things right.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Just posted nearly the same thing on the other thread. Think they keep Raddysh, he is a RHD and played well, and they keep Berube for expansion reasons on a two year deal. But the rest are all gone imo, and need to go. You try and replace them with some other AHL veterans and 4A guys that can step in like Digi and McKegg, and other free agent signings.

Yeah I could same the same, however I'd hope they keep someone like Lettieri for some sort of scoring in the minors and depth if need be. I would hope for Raddysh to stay and get a cup of coffee with the big group. Does all the small things correctly, IMO. I would hope for a better keeper than Berube, but it makes sense.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

Think a guy like Ebert would have options over-seas. I think NYR could keep Raddysh and Fogarty easily, it's a matter of if management wants to keep them. Nieves could stay or go, but agreed that these injury issues are more a concern now. I think Lettieri and O'Regan take flyers elsewhere, but should be retained.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yeah I could see the same. I would love for Raddysh to get a shot at the NHL club. Just does all the small things right.
I think there are probably a good number of guys out there, maybe a little older, maybe without big pedigrees, who could do great work as role players on the Rangers. I hope the front office is willing to dig and give opportunities. Having high-cap depth players kills a teams chances, in my eyes. And with the cap likely stagnant or dropping, inexpensive depth could be more important than ever.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Well that's the other part of it--while I absolutely think the Rangers will resign Raddysh there is no way that as an RD he's going to beat out the likes of Trouba, DeAngelo or Fox and if Lundkvist shows up that's another player he'll be behind. I wouldn't let Raddysh go--that said he's kind of in no man's land as far as seeing the NHL with us unless we have a bunch of injuries.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Well that's the other part of it--while I absolutely think the Rangers will resign Raddysh there is no way that as an RD he's going to beat out the likes of Trouba, DeAngelo or Fox and if Lundkvist shows up that's another player he'll be behind. I wouldn't let Raddysh go--that said he's kind of in no man's land as far as seeing the NHL with us unless we have a bunch of injuries.

Injuries happen and maybe he could nail down the #7 roll if Rangers can trim some dead weight.

Reactions: Ranger Ric
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad