Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 1.12.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
so not sure how that would work but it could be good news for Kjellberg...

the 6 ivy league schools are Brown, Harvard, Cornell, Princeton, Dartmouth and Yale...so good thing barron signed.

the 6 non-ivy schools that apparently will still play are Union, RPI, St. Lawrence, Quinnipiac, Colgate and Clarkson.

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
With six teams, you just play each other four times and then you have a 20-game season. Then you can seed the teams and do an abbreviated playoff. Top two get a bye, first two rounds are best of three, then the championship game.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
And without Princeton, Dartmouth, Harvard, Brown, easier travel, all upstate NY except Q'pac

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Michigan plays their 1st game this afternoon against Arizona State and then again tomorrow night.

Ciccolini isn't in the lineup...I can't find anything about it but my guess is this is related to his shoulder surgery and he isn't cleared to play yet. but unsure.

They do have brisson, who alot of people liked in this draft, on the top line...and also potential high 2021 pick own power on the 2nd pair

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Michigan plays their 1st game this afternoon against Arizona State and then again tomorrow night.

Ciccolini isn't in the lineup...I can't find anything about it but my guess is this is related to his shoulder surgery and he isn't cleared to play yet. but unsure.

They do have brisson, who alot of people liked in this draft, on the top line...and also potential high 2021 pick own power on the 2nd pair

I was all-in on Brisson with our other first. No one else got behind me. LOL. He'll be a stud.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Regarding his shoulder injury: He told me he was clear to play so that isn't it. They play another game tomorrow. Maybe he plays in that game.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Regarding his shoulder injury: He told me he was clear to play so that isn't it. They play another game tomorrow. Maybe he plays in that game.

I’m hoping it’s something other than a normal healthy scratch and his spot in the lineup is a lock normally but we’ll see

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Michigan has a nice roster of players there.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Isn’t it highly concerning that an NHL-drafted player can’t crack a college roster?

Or is this just a few pre-season games to shake off the rust and they’re rotating players?
This was their opener. NC game but it still counts. It's strange because he was an ascendant player last year and got a decent bit of ink going into the year as a player who the team was hoping would take a big step forward.

Maybe there's more to it.

Reactions: ColonialsHockey10

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Isn’t it highly concerning that an NHL-drafted player can’t crack a college roster?

Or is this just a few pre-season games to shake off the rust and they’re rotating players?

It would be concerning if we were talking about a 1st round pick. Ciccolini was a 7th round pick, coming from a minor junior league, and having his 1st season cut short because of surgery.

It's one game in the new season and while I am disappointed he isn't playing, they have another game tomorrow and him being healthy, I expect them to give the scratches from today a crack tomorrow. Same opponent.

We will see. I expect him to have a good season with them and what he has showed so far is promising.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
In other news... Matthew Rempe will make his season debut with Spruce Grove Saints in the AJHL. He was a healthy scratch last night

upload_2020-11-15_0-45-47.png

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
note that ciccolini was on the 3rd line after not playing the first game

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Hajek had 1SOG, 2 A, +2 on 15:44 TOI for Brno today. Skating looked solid. Shaky when pressured with the puck on his stick, thanks be for Fanseat(never thought I’d write that) to be able to watch it.
Thanks for the update. 2 points are nice but good to see the qualifier you added. In the NHL he showed flashes of fluid skating and agility, which jibes with what you said. He also took a bunch of MONSTER hits nearly every game he played in the NHL. Word got out that he hangs on to the puck an extra second to try to find the perfect pass, and forwards lined him up big time. He always got rid of the puck just in time, but not early enough to brace or avoid the hit and the passes he got off tended not to work and possession was still lost.

Reactions: resting buch face

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
It would be concerning if we were talking about a 1st round pick. Ciccolini was a 7th round pick, coming from a minor junior league, and having his 1st season cut short because of surgery.

It's one game in the new season and while I am disappointed he isn't playing, they have another game tomorrow and him being healthy, I expect them to give the scratches from today a crack tomorrow. Same opponent.

We will see. I expect him to have a good season with them and what he has showed so far is promising.
It's interesting that he was scratched that first game, though. Have to wonder if it was disciplinary. I'm expecting him to take another step forward this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad