Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Lightning: Game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaggs

Apr 20, 2014
What is absolutely disgusting is that our 3rd line didn't generare 1 shot on goal last night. That is largely Marty's fault. He coughs the puck up. Doesn't capitalize on his chances when he gets them. And can't ****ing grind on the boards when the other two members on his line specialize at this.

Fast on that line is a possession night mare for the opposing team. In the regular season that line held teams in their zone like no other.

Unbelievable. Marty's decline could not have come at a worse time. A whole line is useless now because of him.

The 2nd line only generated like 2 shots on goal. Those two lines performance is fueling my worry.

Zaggs

Apr 20, 2014
2-1 which could easily happen again on Friday.

Tampa should have lost that game by 4 or more though. Their puck luck has been absurd during their run so far.

The crapness of the Rangers puck luck has been absurd all playoffs. The only real lucky bounce I remember if Stepan on that game 7 winner against Washington.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Did AV ever say anything about the poor ice conditions in game 5. Hope it is addressed and the ice is perfect this time. Any MSG events Thursday night to screw it up?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
This is your opinion and I disagree in part. Of course you have to play your game and execute or this is all empty rhetoric.

You've heard it said many times that home ice doesn't pfactor in until a game 7.

I think a lot can be said for a team that has experience winning in these situations

I base my beliefs on what is going on in the games I'm watching. I see the way Tampa folds in their own zone under forchecking pressure. Their defense doesn't support Bishop.

Rangers are keeping Tampa forwards in front of them and letting Hank see th shots.

How can factor out momentum after the way the Caps unraveled against us.... again.

I'm not being dogmatic here. But based on several factors Rangers have an edge going into Friday. IMO

I actually agree with you. My point was that the team/Hank's record in Game 7's has no bearing on this upcoming game. Anything can happen in one hockey game.

Just have to hope it goes our way.

GeoNYR

Jan 23, 2013
What worries me now is that after that win the Rangers will think that they have Tampa all figured out and that they get over confident with their elimination game/game 7 track record. I can see them coming out flat and then Tampa burying us.

However, I'm remaining optimistic. They have to keep the focus and not let up. I know they can do it. I think they will.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
What worries me now is that after that win the Rangers will think that they have Tampa all figured out and that they get over confident with their elimination game/game 7 track record. I can see them coming out flat and then Tampa burying us.

However, I'm remaining optimistic. They have to keep the focus and not let up. I know they can do it. I think they will.

I'm less worried about Tampa than I am about the condition of the ice.

I really don't think the Rangers played all that poorly in the first period on Sunday, but everything was a half-second slow due to the ice conditions. Tampa parked the bus and forced the Rangers into not getting a clean look, or a clean cross-ice pass.

Had the Rangers scored first, Tampa wouldn't have been able to completely go into a shell and wait for a break.

Cooper even said that Tampa wasn't going to win Game 6 playing the same way. However, if the ice is crap, Tampa will quickly adjust and try to slow up the game, then force a turnover.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Oh ****ing cancel the damn thing. People can go a month without singing Piano man.
HA! Freaking right.

My god, imagine crappy ice in a game 7 ECF game that could have been avoided..How could that happen. Will that happen and be tolerated? It can't be.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Though he wasn't a defenseman, Gene Carr was the best skater I ever saw.

Carr could fly. Problem was he couldn't do anything else.

When Bill Chadwick did color for the Rangers, he said that Carr couldn't put the puck in the water from a dock. First time I heard that phrase. You don't hear hometown announcers criticizing like that anymore.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Chadwick and Gordon announced my first Ranger game I ever watched, I can still picture their voices in my head. "Shoot the puck Barry, shoot the puck". They were awesome.

The Rangers have had some elite announcing in my life time.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
league is pretty rich at the top end theses days - add Weber, Keith, Subban, Suter, Doughty, here comes Ekblad - even Carlson, Pietrangelo, Faulk - lot of guys with strong 2-way games and an edge

Subban never seems like a great defenseman to me, more very good. I don't think Carlson belongs in Hedman's class. Obviously, this is just my opinion.

To me, Hedman will turn out to be a generational player.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Chadwick and Gordon announced my first Ranger game I ever watched, I can still picture their voices in my head. "Shoot the puck Barry, shoot the puck". They were awesome.

The Rangers have had some elite announcing in my life time.

They always made me laugh because Gordon called Chadwick the Big Whistle, cause he used to be a ref.

At every stoppage Gordon would say The Whistle blows.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
They always made me laugh because Gordon called Chadwick the Big Whistle, cause he used to be a ref.

At every stoppage Gordon would say The Whistle blows.

Hahah they always made me laugh, it was like 2 grandpa's announcing a game.

The first American Ref in the Hockey Hall of Fame, he started all the hand signals they use today.

The "Big Whistle" for some reason now I match that up with Slapshot, "The Big Tomahawk" and "The Little Scalps", I am a sicko. lol

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Subban never seems like a great defenseman to me, more very good. I don't think Carlson belongs in Hedman's class. Obviously, this is just my opinion.

To me, Hedman will turn out to be a generational player.

Yeah, and he will only get better. I remember when the Tavares vs Hedman debate was rolling and everyone jumped on Hedman after Sweden lost to Canada in the WJC, I said that it more or less was a lock that Hedman one day at worst would be a candidate for the Norris Trophy. He is probably the best skating 6'6 player ever, and he is not a wuz and he can fire the puck. With that reach, and mind you he is still growing into his body, he will be a force for a real long time. I still think he got a bit of an unpolished aura out there, but these guys hit their prime around 30 not 25.

Tampa look to have the future ahead of them if they can manage the cap and keep the team together...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad