Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Lightning: Game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014
I'm worried about the fact that every win we had this series we followed with a dud. Not sure if its TB making good adjustments or the fact the we just lost urgency. Even tho hes a ******, cooper is a good coach. He made some good tactic adjustments throughout this series.

Definitely will be a battle Friday night. I just hope we pull it out with Hanky. We have come this far not to win!!

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
It's hard to believe but not shocking either. 06 he was playing hurt and the Devils were wiping the floor with us, 07 the Sabres were one of the best teams in the league, we got a win v. Pitt in 08 before being knocked out, and in 09 and 11 the Caps were just way better than us.
I took a 20 month break from drinking... just wanted to ...bo reason really..... well i decided to have a glass of red wine during game 1...i was at a wedding.... then they lost the next 2 so naturally i figured in my crazy brain that id have a glass of wine during game 4....
Well theyre 3-0 this series if i drink a glass of red wine.... 0-3 when i dont... so well....luckily the games on friday and im off on sat

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
How could you not say that top line? Other than that, I'd have to go with Hags (extremely strong on puck and forecheck) Boyle and Sheppard. Jeez, even Tanner had a huge impact.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If only Brassard went full Messier and guaranteed a win tonight. Lose at home in Game 5, come back in Game 6 and score the hat trick including the empty netter. McDonagh should give Brassard the C between now and Friday. :sarcasm:

I know you're joking but.......I still say McD shouldn't have been named Captain. Easily could've been Stepan, but then again we don't know what Sather may pull with Stepan's upcoming negotiations.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Series match-up through 6 games:

Square size donates ice-time against. For instance Girardi has played 50:00+ 5-on-5 against the Triplets.

nD84Btg.png

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Cool chart. It's taken me about a year to figure out to read those things.

So the Brassard line is doing OK against Stamkos, but the Stepan line is having trouble with the triplets.

Is that right?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
You know damn well this is going to be settled in OT.

Oh god, please no. If we lose on home ice in OT and Callahan, Boyle and Stralman get their EC champ hats on and accept their trophy...I might destroy my TV, which I don't want to do it's 65' and I just got it a few months ago.

I don't want a Game 5/Game 7 vs Washington start, a slow feeling it out type of start. I want Pittsburgh game 1 start. Early goal, dominate play. Please.

Last edited:

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
How did Brassard not get the Broadway hat?

Lundqvist played great! But the kid got 5 points and a hat-trick. Nash is an idiot.

A lot of reasons. Maybe the top line, knowing they tore it up and ran away with it in the third, felt they even had that chance in the first place cuz of Hank? Maybe Hank said some words that lit everyone up between periods? I understand your sentiment, but it's a hat. And who gets it won't exactly destroy the locker room.

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
I'm already nervous.

I really hope the Rangers win. For the love of god please come out on fire and pot a couple early goals. Please.

from your mouth to the hockey god ears....let them bestow upon us " our year " finally

rangers fans aren't greedy...one cup would suffice for quite a while....and whatever fortune comes our way after we will gladly take....like the post 94 years from 95-97...but please no more dark ages

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
from your mouth to the hockey god ears....let them bestow upon us " our year " finally

rangers fans aren't greedy...one cup would suffice for quite a while....and whatever fortune comes our way after we will gladly take....like the post 94 years from 95-97...but please no more dark ages

honestly we need to win back to back or 2 in 3 or something, and i think we can do that if we win this year

we've been around for a billion years and have never done that

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
Oh god, please no. If we lose on home ice in OT and Callahan, Boyle and Stralman get their EC champ hats on and accept their trophy...I might destroy my TV, which I don't want to do it's 65' and I just got it a few months ago.

I don't want a Game 5/Game 7 vs Washington start, a slow feeling it out type of start. I want Pittsburgh game 1 start. Early goal, dominate play. Please.

Damn, you must have a huge house to keep that TV in.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Lots of bulletin board stuff coming out of the Tampa:

@TBTimes_JSmith Cooper on #nyrangers: “They haven’t won a game 7 against our group. We have a young confident group here.â€
@TGfireandice Alex Killorn on Rangers being 7-0 in Game 7s at MSG†“I guess that means they’re due to lose one.â€

I saw Stamkos say, "We're gonna win the next game and go to the Cup Final." Reminds me of OV before game 7.

No respect at all for the Rangers.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
1 player chirping is fine. Several players chirping and there tends to be a reason for it. IMO they are doing it to reassure themselves. They knew they blew a massive chance in game 6 and the odds are against them now.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Damn, a 65 ft. TV? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad