Rumor: Rangers Interested in Ryan Reaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
He likes to sing with the crowd too, and he is a character guy. :)

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Stone age hockey! Toffnuss! Intangibles are meaningless!

Did I cover everything?

Character instead of intangibles.

Gotta get it right.

I'm 1000000% behind this on a 1 year deal. I'd prefer Reeves and Kunitz to Komarov, wouldn't be surprised if they ended up with all 3.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I would be fine with Kunitz. Always been a good hockey player, still is a good hockey player.

But we'll go for the worst of the bunch because we're rebuilding or something.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Reaves would get ~1mil, Beagle about 2mil. According to CapFriendly it looks like we currently have ~30mil in unused cap space and are at 34 contracts so it's not like it would restrict the team from making other moves/signings. I wouldn't mind seeing some push back from this team in rougher games and if one or both of these guys can provide that and help bolster our up-and-comers mentally, I'm all for it. Beagle would be the only Cup winner on this team, too. And Reaves would add another Cup finalist to the roster..there's only about a handful of guys from our SCF run left in NY. Would also be nice having that sort of experience/viewpoint.

You’re probably right. A Cup on the resume will certainly increase Beagle’s ask. Reaves for $1mn is certainly reasonable.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Fine with Reaves as long as the contract is reasonable. Lot so of young guys around and he’s a good guy in the room. People will overreact but he’s a decent 4th liner who can change momentum with more than his fists

Reactions: bl02

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Character instead of intangibles.

Gotta get it right.

I'm 1000000% behind this on a 1 year deal. I'd prefer Reeves and Kunitz to Komarov, wouldn't be surprised if they ended up with all 3.
I would be surprised if they ended up with all three.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Let's bring in a bunch of promising young kids with high skill ceilings and surround them with plugs who give them terrible advice and teach them bad habits. **** it, can they contract out Dan Girardi to give the defensemen a camp on how to "clear" pucks from your own zone. Maybe AV can work with the shooters to practice "quality" over volume.

These guys they’re rumored to be looking at wouldn’t be there to set an example on how to play hockey. They’d be there to set an example on how to be a professional and work as hard as you possibly can.

It really has nothing to do with the mechanics of the game. And every post that makes it about mechanics widely misses the point and should be discounted by everyone.

That being said, I don’t know how many I want around. Two would be the max. Preferably one, in my opinion.

Also, since when do we need a thread for every rumor?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
So does the rumor thread for the next guy go up in a couple of hours? I got dibs on...*checks UFA list*...Stastny or Neal

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
I would love to get two more LEGIT 4th liners to go with Fast, IF the price is right. Reaves, Komarov, Beagle, whoever else. Heck, I wouldn't even mind Beleskey playing 80 games on the 4th line and only picking up a center.

I just don't want to relegate a good prospect to our fourth line.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Would take Reaves on a one year deal if the idea is to flip him at the deadline for a midround pick

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Let's bring in a bunch of promising young kids with high skill ceilings and surround them with plugs who give them terrible advice and teach them bad habits. **** it, can they contract out Dan Girardi to give the defensemen a camp on how to "clear" pucks from your own zone. Maybe AV can work with the shooters to practice "quality" over volume.
Most fourth liners max out as fourth liners due to their talent level, not because they don’t understand the game or have bad habits.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Lol this is like a McLeod thing where the player is so bad and the coach knows he so bad that he plays him 4-5 mins a game and it could be a positive if those extra minutes go to the first/second liners instead of giving the 4th liner 10 min

Reactions: TheTakedown

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lol this is like a McLeod thing where the player is so bad and the coach knows he so bad that he plays him 4-5 mins a game and it could be a positive if those extra minutes go to the first/second liners instead of giving the 4th liner 10 min

They know he's bad but they go out and get him and give him a roster spot.

Sounds about Rangers.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
They know he's bad but they go out and get him and give him a roster spot.

Sounds about Rangers.

Yep. Exactly. Need a guy to fill a “tough guy” role they don’t have. But 5 min of Reeves and then an extra 5 min spread between Zucc/Kreider probably is better than 10 mins of Komarov.

Now you ask “why can’t tbey just do the same thing and give Komarov the 5 mins?” And there’s no answer to give

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille