Rumor: Rangers Interested in Ryan Reaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm a big supporter. The guy can play a little and hit a lot.

So far, the Rangers are rumored to have interest in Ryan Reaves, Leo Komarov, James Van Riemsdyk and Jay Beagle. All four were on my shopping list.
Beagle would be great just so he can stop murdering the Rangers.

A new look 4th line of Beagle centering Komarov and Reaves for two years would be an interesting look and definitely add some Jam

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Let's bring in a bunch of promising young kids with high skill ceilings and surround them with plugs who give them terrible advice and teach them bad habits. f*** it, can they contract out Dan Girardi to give the defensemen a camp on how to "clear" pucks from your own zone. Maybe AV can work with the shooters to practice "quality" over volume.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

A new look 4th line of Beagle centering Komarov and Reaves for two years would be an interesting look and definitely add some Jam
Don't know if we have room for all three but Gosh, I love Beagle as a center ice insurance policy. He opens up a lot options for the team to consider other moves.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Reaves f***ing sucks so perhaps putting him next to Leo Komarov will act as that wildfire technique where they start a smaller, controlled fire nearby so they suck the oxygen out of the area and extinguish each other.

Reactions: Sticky Fingers

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Oh jeeze...definitely perfer Komarov over this guy. He’s barely an NHL player. He didnt even average 8 minutes a game last season. Komarov can at least play a regular shift.

If we sign him though its not the worst thing

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Reaves ****ing sucks so perhaps putting him next to Leo Komarov will act as that wildfire technique where they start a smaller, controlled fire nearby so they suck the oxygen out of the area and extinguish each other.
What do you think the Rangers expect out of Komarov and Reaves?

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017

I would love Beagle on this team, for so many reasons, but the other two don’t particularly impress me as third liners (and, for the prices they’ll command, don’t make sense as fourth liners).

Just my two cents.

Reactions: haveandare

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would love Beagle on this team, for so many reasons, but the other two don’t particularly impress me as third liners (and, for the prices they’ll command, don’t make sense as fourth liners).

Just my two cents.
I think with the cap going up there will be some some inflation, but this are fourth lines. Reaves especially has proven he has resale value as well. As long as they aren't paid high enough that the Rangers cant move them there isnt a lot of downside. Reaves, or any of the others getting a Matt Martin cap hit, as long as its with less term would be far from catastrophic. Which is funny because people want to trade assets for Martin.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY

Just my two cents.

Reaves would get ~1mil, Beagle about 2mil. According to CapFriendly it looks like we currently have ~30mil in unused cap space and are at 34 contracts so it's not like it would restrict the team from making other moves/signings. I wouldn't mind seeing some push back from this team in rougher games and if one or both of these guys can provide that and help bolster our up-and-comers mentally, I'm all for it. Beagle would be the only Cup winner on this team, too. And Reaves would add another Cup finalist to the roster..there's only about a handful of guys from our SCF run left in NY. Would also be nice having that sort of experience/viewpoint.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad