Rumor: Rangers in Talks with Leo Komarov on Multi-Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Who are we signing with our 26 million cap space? We aren't even going to come close to the cap over the next couple of years.
There are better depth players available than Komarov. Just because the team has cap room doesn't mean they should throw some of it away and sign bums. Especially on a multi-year deal.

Reactions: Off Sides

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
for those complaining its a waste of cap space....its not like this team is competing for a cup this upcoming season, and with that said when this team is really ready to go for it these contracts will be off the books

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
There are better depth players available than Komarov. Just because the team has cap room doesn't mean they should throw some of it away and sign bums. Especially on a multi-year deal.
But he is hardly a bum as people have stated. About as far from it, unless you are just looking at his stats and came to that conclusion.

Reactions: egelband

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Is The Fourth Period Still a thing? Is Pagnotta still a guy? Didn't really know that.

Anyway, for two year or less, it's fine. He's supposedly a good locker room, good glue guy. I know he's not great anymore but I think he can still play, and be a good influence on all the kiddos. 2 years, $6M and I'm fine with it.

That's the most shocking thing about the offseason thus far.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

effen

Feb 3, 2018
looks like a combo of a down year and getting 66% dZs. of course your point totals are gonna suck when thats your role.

probably 3/12 or 4/14 frontloaded so they can dump him on the Ottawas of the world in a few years. The kids aren't gonna be world beaters for at least 2 years anyway.

It's fine, we're ALWAYS signing 1 or 2 veteran gritty mcgrits this summer. y'all need to brace yourselves imo

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
We want bad players for no reason because something something rebuild?

Pls fill me in.

Basically.

After the gong show that was our locker room the last few years, you want to bring in some people to stabilize things a bit.

I couldn't give a flying f*** how bad he is or if he'll be even worse next year or the year after, if his presence helps the likes of Chytil, Andersson, Howden and eventually the Russian kids in a year then the signing is a win.

I'd much rather do that then sign some guys who are ok to sneak into a playoff spot just so we can watch this team get 2018 NJD mauled in the first round.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Basically.

After the gong show that was our locker room the last few years, you want to bring in some people to stabilize things a bit.

I couldn't give a flying **** how bad he is or if he'll be even worse next year or the year after, if his presence helps the likes of Chytil, Andersson, Howden and eventually the Russian kids in a year then the signing is a win.

I'd much rather do that then sign some guys who are ok to sneak into a playoff spot just so we can watch this team get 2018 NJD mauled in the first round.
Why was the room a shit show? Because Zuccarello doesn't love losing like you do?

How does the presence of awful players help our kids? He's going to teach them to turn the puck over and go out of position to hit stuff?

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
I couldn't give a flying **** how bad he is or if he'll be even worse next year or the year after, if his presence helps the likes of Chytil, Andersson, Howden and eventually the Russian kids in a year then the signing is a win.

So much this. So many fans are stuck on winning they forget that for the next couple years wins will most likely be hard to come by. You need vets who can keep the environment positive for the younger players, and act as leaders. You know what happens when you throw a bunch of young players together without good vets? You get Edmonton's mess. Do you want Edmonton's mess here in NY? Because I don't.

I don't care of Komarov is garbage this year as long as he puts in a solid effort and helps with the locker room.

We have Ortmeyer as the head of player development - and now we need a Jed or two in the locker room.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I care more about asset management, there is little chance Komarov on his next contract becomes a positive asset or can return one by trade.

Sign a decent player to a decent contract, allows them to maybe move someone else out for a decent return. They end up with some positive assets on both sides even if they eventually trade said decent signing for more positive assets at some point.

Reactions: jas

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I care more about asset management, there is little chance Komarov on his next contract becomes a positive asset or can return one by trade.

Sign a decent player to a decent contract, allows them to maybe move someone else out for a decent return. They end up with some positive assets on both sides even if they eventually trade said decent signing for more positive assets at some point.

Anyone that we sign this off season is likely to yield a negligible return unless JVR wants to take a massive discount.

The guys who are going to return the most are the ones who are already here.

Reactions: eco's bones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad