Rumor: Rangers in Talks with Leo Komarov on Multi-Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
Why was the room a **** show? Because Zuccarello doesn't love losing like you do?

How does the presence of awful players help our kids? He's going to teach them to turn the puck over and go out of position to hit stuff?

No he's going to teach them how to handle themselves in the NHL. Your acting like he's Tanner Glass.

Also who cares if we have terrible players? We're going to suck anyways might as well have some players that can throw the body around and stick up for his teammates.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No he's going to teach them how to handle themselves in the NHL. Your acting like he's Tanner Glass.

Also who cares if we have terrible players? We're going to suck anyways might as well have some players that can throw the body around and stick up for his teammates.
His numbers last year were worse than what Tanner Glass did with the Rangers.

The point of a rebuild is to get better. Maybe not immediately, but the point is to get better. How does this team get better if they deliberately sign awful players to multi-year deals?

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Anyone that we sign this off season is likely to yield a negligible return unless JVR wants to take a massive discount.

The guys who are going to return the most are the ones who are already here.

There are almost always some Grabner or Stralman types in the UFA pool who end up taking less because they just don't have the pedigree or recent success.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Anyone that we sign this off season is likely to yield a negligible return unless JVR wants to take a massive discount.

The guys who are going to return the most are the ones who are already here.
Unless we can find a bargin player such as grabner and Eric Staal 2 years ago

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Why was the room a **** show? Because Zuccarello doesn't love losing like you do?

How does the presence of awful players help our kids? He's going to teach them to turn the puck over and go out of position to hit stuff?

It's more of an effort thing and also having someone who is willing to have their back.

Did you see the listless performances that seemed to happen on an every game basis? That needs to change and is something that needs be taken care of right away. I don't love losing, but I know when it's the right time to drop a battle to win the war (that time is now.)

They're not going to pick up bad in game habits from the guy, every one of the young kids has a different skill set than him.

No one is saying to sign the guy for 6 years and give him a shit load of money. A 1-2 year deal would be perfect for both sides.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
My question is how many years are we talking? If this is anything more then 2 years not a fan. If its 3 maybe I could live with it but it still wont be a great contract.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's more of an effort thing and also having someone who is willing to have their back.

Did you see the listless performances that seemed to happen on an every game basis? That needs to change and is something that needs be taken care of right away. I don't love losing, but I know when it's the right time to drop a battle to win the war (that time is now.)

They're not going to pick up bad in game habits from the guy, every one of the young kids has a different skill set than him.

No one is saying to sign the guy for 6 years and give him a **** load of money. A 1-2 year deal would be perfect for both sides.
Maybe we need to let go of the character thing and admit this team just sucked for the past three years.

Komarov exacerbates every single problem we had over said three years.

Like Daddy Jeff, you're convinced we sucked because of character. Have fun with that.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Much rather Riley Nash or Tobias Rieder being pursued.

We'll see what happens with the market but those two seem to me to be players who are decent, who also may not get big contracts, who also would still be worth something in two or three seasons.

Derek Ryan, Brad Richardson, Nick Shore

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If this team needs a friend in the room, buy them a f***ing puppy.

It'll be a better hockey player than Komarov.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
You mean a guy coming off of a rough season or 2 who is signed for a relatively cheap deal?

Kinda sounds like the guy we're discussing right now.

Let’s not forget that Stralman as well as Grabner signed with us while they were still in their 20s.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Much rather Riley Nash or Tobias Rieder being pursued.

We'll see what happens with the market but those two seem to me to be players who are decent, who also may not get big contracts, who also would still be worth something in two or three seasons.

Derek Ryan, Brad Richardson, Nick Shore
4th liners stop just short of literally growing on trees and yet we consistently ice one of the worst in hockey.

Even more astounding, people are just fine with openly repeating that process because of this narrative that 4th liners have to be bad and gritty.

After watching Glass and McLeod, people think Komarov will add something. The lab monkey that gets shocked when he touches the bowl knows better.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
If they sign him for a year, I don't care.

If it's something like 3 years, that would be insane.

Especially after we're hearing this shit about how they're concerned about committing to Hayes long-term.

You overpay players that are good. You don't overpay players who aren't. Hard and fast rule.

Sign a bunch of vets to 1 year deals. Don't use up cap.

Seguin and Panarin could hit next year. Who knows who else. Good players are always available when you have cap and assets. There's no downside to having open space. You don't have to use it.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Let’s not forget that Stralman as well as Grabner signed with us while they were still in their 20s.

They were, but Grabner was another guy coming off of a god awful (well really several) injury plagued seasons and no one expected anything from him. I wouldn't expect Komarov to explode like Grabner did here, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he plays better next season than he did last year.

Stralman doesn't really apply here, he had a health issue that we fixed and he became awesome.

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If they sign him for a year, I don't care.

If it's something like 3 years, that would be insane.

Especially after we're hearing this **** about how they're concerned about committing to Hayes long-term.

You overpay players that are good. You don't overpay players who aren't. Hard and fast rule.

Sign a bunch of vets to 1 year deals. Don't use up cap.

Seguin and Panarin could hit next year. Who knows who else. Good players are always available when you have cap and assets. There's no downside to having open space. You don't have to use it.

All of this, but I really doubt that a Komarov deal is going to hinder the Rangers from perusing any of those guys.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Give him the Jesper Fast contract. 3 years at $2 mill per, gives us a contract to expose come 2020 and a good vet presence. Also imagine all the money the team will save on a translator :naughty:

Reactions: Thordic

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
They were, but Grabner was another guy coming off of a god awful (well really several) injury plagued seasons and no one expected anything from him. I wouldn't expect Komarov to explode like Grabner did here, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he plays better next season than he did last year.

Stralman doesn't really apply here, he had a health issue that we fixed and he became awesome.

Fair points. I’d forgotten about the injury issues.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
NaughtyNearIvorygull-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->