Rumor: Rangers in Talks with Leo Komarov on Multi-Year Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
So much overreacting without knowing exactly what the deal even being discussed is....

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
So much overreacting without knowing exactly what the deal even being discussed is....

I agree. I mean, unless we give him 5 years @ $4 mil per year, any overreaction is unnecessary. The lineup that hits the ice in October was never going to be full of rookies and inexperienced players. Anyone who thought that was just being naive, IMO. No teams build without veterans in their lineups, and Komarov seems to fit the bill for a great leader, consummate professional, and someone who will help further the development of our younger players. I think he'd be a perfect role model for someone like Andersson, who seem to have a lot of the same character traits, but maybe not a mature personality just yet.

Anyway, seems like there are some conflicting reports regarding our interest. If he signs, hopefully the terms are favorable. I would be more than ok with it.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
A developing team could use a guy like Komarov for sure. Building a good locker room is important. I’d be happy if this were the Rangers on-and-only UFA signing this summer.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Rangers will need to push back a lot harder than they did with AV. Seriously--we're going to have younger players coming in and they will be targeted and if any of them ever are going to get to the point where they are legit first line players someone's going to have to be proactively looking out for them. So yeah Roussel, Calvert, Brown, Komarov and Manning. Get two of them. If necessary get Reaves. The point is we're going to have to be more energetic and pro-active with the physical part of the game if only to create more space for our younger players to work in. You really don't want the likes of Tom Wilson breathing down Filip Chytil's neck and looking to knock him into next week--because he doesn't f***ing care and he will. Maybe Reaves is overkill but the Rangers need to go to that place where they're more than willing to create ill will. The eye for an eye thing or worse. That's the decision that the Caps finally made and it played into why they won their Cup.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Was that a politcal statement or not?

That black people are targets of the police. I thought everyone knew that. But really the POTUS turned it into a political thing more than anyone else. I have no problem with Brown on the Rangers and it's got nothing to do with that. He plays hard and with energy. He gets under skins. The Rangers need that element.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
The Rangers will need to push back a lot harder than they did with AV. Seriously--we're going to have younger players coming in and they will be targeted and if any of them ever are going to get to the point where they are legit first line players someone's going to have to be proactively looking out for them. So yeah Roussel, Calvert, Brown, Komarov and Manning. Get two of them. If necessary get Reaves. The point is we're going to have to be more energetic and pro-active with the physical part of the game if only to create more space for our younger players to work in. You really don't want the likes of Tom Wilson breathing down Filip Chytil's neck and looking to knock him into next week--because he doesn't ****ing care and he will. Maybe Reaves is overkill but the Rangers need to go to that place where they're more than willing to create ill will. The eye for an eye thing or worse. That's the decision that the Caps finally made and it played into why they won their Cup.
Guys like Wilson will look to knock Chytil into next week no matter who we have. There is no such thing as players acting as deterrents. If we want a player because he’s good and also plays heavy, that’s great, but we shouldn’t get a single player solely for protection.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Guys like Wilson will look to knock Chytil into next week no matter who we have. There is no such thing as players acting as deterrents. If we want a player because he’s good and also plays heavy, that’s great, but we shouldn’t get a single player solely for protection.

That's true enough--but the eye for an eye thing can mean Wilson hurts Chytil but someone else hurts Kuznetsov. It's not nice for sure but the Caps paying a price for the things that Wilson does--turning it into a karma thing is okay with me. So it's not just about having deterrent players--it's about going after your opponents no matter what. We don't necessarily have to be 'dirty' mind you but we need to be a lot meaner. We need them to know that our days of being a push over are over. You won't win in the NHL if you're not willing to go to war.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
That black people are targets of the police. I thought everyone knew that. But really the POTUS turned it into a political thing more than anyone else. I have no problem with Brown on the Rangers and it's got nothing to do with that. He plays hard and with energy. He gets under skins. The Rangers need that element.
I’m not here to get in poltical believes. All i said is that i dont want a player who brings politics to the ice. I dont care what those beliefs may be whether i agree with them or not. It’s not the place or time and does absolutely nothing good for the team.

Reactions: bl02

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It was exercising the players' first amendment right to protest against police brutality and racial inequality.

U.S. national anthem protests (2016–present) - Wikipedia

Are those political to you? Are you pro police brutality and racial inequality?
Yes those are political. No i dont want anything political on the ice. Wrong place wrong time to make statements. Do it on your own time.

Edit - i’m done with responding to this topic as it’s off topic. I said my piece.

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad