Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Ducks: The "5, Bazooka, or Juicy Fruit?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
I wonder how much of a difference it'll make once Hagelin is done singing "What Does the Fox Say" and gets back into the lineup at the end of the month.

The way the Team is playing right now it wont matter. One player wont make the difference. Every single part of the game is a complete failure.... 2-15 in 2 games...... Says everything.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
The way the Team is playing right now it wont matter. One player wont make the difference. Every single part of the game is a complete failure.... 2-15 in 2 games...... Says everything.

Agreed...honestly, I was just watching the music video for the millionth time and needed an excuse to say that Hags looks exactly like the singer :laugh:

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Did Girardi really just say that we "refuse" to pick up our man and move people from in front? If it's so self explanatory then why is nobody doing it? And last time I checked you have to make a conscious decision to refuse to do something! I thought Ulfie said his idea of D was nobody in front and nobody getting the rebounds? Maybe they didn't want torts gone and it was all slats because it seems like they are just going through the motions out there! What happened to this team? What a disgrace! It sounds like some guys are literally torn between 2 systems and not sure if abandoning the old one is a good idea now that they have seen the results so far!

Last edited:

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
Without Nash in the lineup the team just looks so harmless offensively. We don't have anyone who can step up and score. Really hope this isn't how things are going to be this year, back to back embarrassments:help:

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
What if there was a pro torts and anti torts group in the room and they are now at odds? It just seems like some players are almost pining for the old system! Callahan saying we need to start blocking some shots, Girardi saying we need to just get the puck out quick in the d zone and get the puck deep. Sounds eerily similar!

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Was that third goal as bad as it looked in the arena? Snap shot high glove from past the dot? Yikes. Henrik wtf? The rangers fans there were starting to get on him a bit.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
What if there was a pro torts and anti torts group in the room and they are now at odds? It just seems like some players are almost pining for the old system! Callahan saying we need to start blocking some shots, Girardi saying we need to just get the puck out quick in the d zone and get the puck deep. Sounds eerily similar!

Wouldn't surprise me. It's pretty obvious that there are serious chemistry problems in that locker room.

Drewbackatu*

How is it the coach's fault? The players are making stupid decisions with the puck and Lundqvist is doing his Steve Buzinski impersonation.

How? By thinking he could play an uptempo game with a small, slow and unskilled roster.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Wouldn't surprise me. It's pretty obvious that there are serious chemistry problems in that locker room.

now we just wait for the roster shake up...

good chance av starts demanding slats to waiving and trading players? what do u guys think?

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
I've grown to hate the word "system" but they just haven't figured it out. They better fix the problems soon. It's already going to be tough to make the playoffs with the addition of Columbus and Detroit.

McDonagh got ****in burned a few times. I don't like that.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
This team is painful to watch at the moment. I know it's early, but my gut feelings about AV is not good. Don't know why really. May be that I'm so used to Torts that AV seems weak or something. I really hope we turn it around soon. This team is totally lost right now.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
While this season start sucks beyond measure... a wise man on a Norwegian board said the following :

"Husk uansett dette: Adam Oates tok over Washington Capitals i fjor sommer, og hadde NHL-debuten som coach i januar. Etter 11 av fjorårssesongens 48 kamper (altså 23% av sesongen) lå Caps med brukket rygg og 1-8-2. De vant Southeastern Division."

Translated :
Anyway, remember this. Adam Oates took over the Washington Capitals last summer, and had his NHL debut as coach in January. After 11 of last seasons 48 games (23 percent of the season), the Caps were down 1-8-2 with a broken back. They won the SouthEastern Division.

Just some positive food for thought :)

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
we're a contender right...

just not for anything good...

Henke doesn't have his head in it...Cally is far from ready and the D is a joke...so far...

oh..and we forgot how to score..

I'm watching the nhl tonight show and every team that scores makes it look so easy..

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Wow, I had to turn off the game after the 5th goal. Couldn't take it anymore.

What in the ****ing **** is this ****ing ****!?

I saw in the boxscore that they apparently outplayed the Ducks in the third, but that literally means **** all. An AHL team would probably outplay the Blackhawks if the Hawks were up by 6 in the 3rd.

I don't think I've seen Del Zotto play a worse game than this, he should've gotten assists on two Ducks goals. Though Stepan was also a big culprit on that 2-0 goal, why were there TWO Rangers behind the net there? J. Moore continues to be awful defensively. McDonagh-Strålman was the least worst pairing.

Hank looks like Philly-era Bryz out there.

Fast was pretty good though. Pouliot as well, kind of looked like Nash at times with his frame and stickhandling.

But I honestly don't get this. The Rangers go from being one of the top possession teams in the league despite Torts' stone age system, adds good possession players (Pouliot, Zucc for a whole year), and are just getting pounded night in night out! The major thing that the Rangers had going for them, their possession play, has just vanished.

I think Carl Hagelin is one of the most valuable Ranger forwards, but even I can't imagine that he has this big an impact on our 5v5 play.

OTOH, while the scores didn't run away to the same extent they were just as awful for the first nine games in 2011-12 and that team managed to turn itself around. I'm not panicking yet. Yet.

But my god do they piss me off right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad