Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Ducks: The "5, Bazooka, or Juicy Fruit?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Some actual observations about the game:

-Does Brassard even play? Barely notice him this season.

-Stepan sure as hell wasn't working out when he was in Wisconsin. He is a step behind on almost every play.

-The defense may have to go back to zone defense, they look too stupid to execute man-to-man. I have never seen McDonagh play so poorly.

-AV is the least of our problems. But we give up 15 goals in two consecutive games and he doesn't call a timeout once. Really?

-I think a lot of players overestimated their abilities when they wanted to play in a more open offensive system. They aren't that smart and they don't have the instincts. Too bad they failed to look in the mirror and realize their own limitations.

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
Id be OK with Dave Maloney coaching this team. Maybe an assisting coach. Love him on the radio and he KEEPS IT REAL

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Some actual observations about the game:

-Does Brassard even play? Barely notice him this season.

-Stepan sure as hell wasn't working out when he was in Wisconsin. He is a step behind on almost every play.

-The defense may have to go back to zone defense, they look too stupid to execute man-to-man. I have never seen McDonagh play so poorly.

-AV is the least of our problems. But we give up 15 goals in two consecutive games and he doesn't call a timeout once. Really?

-I think a lot of players overestimated their abilities when they wanted to play in a more open offensive system. They aren't that smart and they don't have the instincts. Too bad they failed to look in the mirror and realize their own limitations.

Timeouts can help in a relatively close game. When you're outclassed, you're outclassed.

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
After the last two games I really miss having the Torts press conference to look forward too. I could only imagine the fury when some reporter asks him "whats wrong with the team"

AV just shrugged that one off

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Renney-esque interview from AV.

Hey, even AV admits that it's not just the system. Wait until he finds out that this team isn't capable of executing a pass.

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
A.V. is used to players that can put three passes in a row together.
Anybody see any smart passing and give-and-go from the Rangers? I certainly have not.

profchaos2001

Mar 2, 2012
everyone else felt so bad for richy that theyre gonna make him the best player on the team this year.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA

Hey, even AV admits that it's not just the system. Wait until he finds out that this team isn't capable of executing a pass.

I'm pretty sure he already knows they can't cause he just mentioned it lol

This team looks like they need to be trained from the ground up!

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012

I think he has found out. He actually legitimately said that in one of his answers...

"Its not the system when you can't make a tape to tape pass..."

Reality is a knockin' on AV's door.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Can always count on Lundqvist to be super depressed after a loss like this. At least he doesn't sugarcoat it.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I wonder how much of a difference it'll make once Hagelin is done singing "What Does the Fox Say" and gets back into the lineup at the end of the month.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
I wonder how much of a difference it'll make once Hagelin is done singing "What Does the Fox Say" and gets back into the lineup at the end of the month.

Hey, at least Hagelin was having fun though! That was priority number one for the players this summer. Sure looks like they are having fun now :laugh:

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Wow..... Where the **** is the defense? Such easy goals. Is Lundqvist trying to force a trade. Never seen him so rusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->