Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Ducks: The "5, Bazooka, or Juicy Fruit?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
I saw in the boxscore that they apparently outplayed the Ducks in the third, but that literally means **** all.
In the third, up by 6 goals, the Ducks just sat back basically. They couldnt be bothered anymore by the look of it, they knew they had won.

That was the only time of the game that the Rangers really got through the neutral zone unmolested (not that it made any difference per se, but at least they got some shots off...lol)

Punxrocknyc19*

this team is playing like they dont care.. i bet all the crap they say in the interviews is written by Sather and the management.. they dont play with emotion in these blowouts.. it seems like they dont have any heart and us fans know that a lot of these players have heart based on the past.. did their heart leave when Torts left???

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
POTG: Boyle, nice PK and didn't mess up. Well done.
Not as bad as the others: Brassard-line
Redden: Stepan/Callahan
Moves of the game: Del Zotto checking Pouliot and The Swan dive by Hank. OMG.

-Next year maybe you should focus more on getting in shape and less thinking bout future money Stepan?

-Callahan is somehow excused since he's been injured for a while....but man he was bad and invisible at the same time, invisibad!

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
At least now we play offence and have a nice guy at the press conferences. Torts knew this team can't play an offensive style game.

I was worried torts played the wdy he had them for that reason. They have time to get this fixed though. We had a this team sucks board then they got first in the east

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
While this season start sucks beyond measure... a wise man on a Norwegian board said the following :

"Husk uansett dette: Adam Oates tok over Washington Capitals i fjor sommer, og hadde NHL-debuten som coach i januar. Etter 11 av fjorårssesongens 48 kamper (altså 23% av sesongen) lå Caps med brukket rygg og 1-8-2. De vant Southeastern Division."

Translated :
Anyway, remember this. Adam Oates took over the Washington Capitals last summer, and had his NHL debut as coach in January. After 11 of last seasons 48 games (23 percent of the season), the Caps were down 1-8-2 with a broken back. They won the SouthEastern Division.

Just some positive food for thought :)
Oates had a few offensively gifted players.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I was worried torts played the wdy he had them for that reason. They have time to get this fixed though. We had a this team sucks board then they got first in the east

I always assumed that Torts went with the strategy that fit his personnel. Looks like he was right. I am never a fan of any coach, because I assume they are mostly smart enough to adapt to their personnel. I have faith that AV figures it out before it is too late.

Torts helped mask Sather's failures.

Young scorers are appearing all over the league. How come the Rangers never seem to have them. Oh wait, I forgot about Kovalev.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Can I just point out how dumb toys schedule is?
They fly from Phoenix to LA
They drive 6 hours up to San Jose
They drive 6 hours back to LA....

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Let keep going with the peoples methodology that it's early, new system, blah blah blah. I mean it has been the same since the first preseason game, with the exception of the one against the Flyers and that is because they are just as bad as us. Torts knew this team did not have the type of players to be in an offensive system. Now AV is was hired to force a square peg in a round hole. Well the players are looking real stupid now for forcing Torts out. Who get the last laugh now! Bright side to this is maybe we can fight for the #1 overall pick but with our luck the draft will be weak this coming draft.

bmw2004

Mar 8, 2006
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Ive been a fan since 1993 but for some reason I don't even care about them anymore like I used to. Every year I am more and more uninterested just like they are. There are always options, Islanders ;)

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
Ive been a fan since 1993 but for some reason I don't even care about them anymore like I used to. Every year I am more and more uninterested just like they are. There are always options, Islanders ;)

not caring about them anymore because the organization is crap and hasn't fixed the problem for years now is one thing but to imply you'll jump ship because being an islander fan nowadays could be a better option tells me you were never really a true rangers fan to begin with

I repeat

1) losing interest is one thing...especially if the organization is always failing

2) becoming a fan of a bitter rival because of that and because the islanders are doing better is totally another thing

What do you live in Brighton Beach? So you figure " hey the isles are turning the corner and even better they are moving to a new arena right where I live....what better time to jump ship right?...I mean the Rangers just keep disappointing for years now so it's justifiable right? And the timing couldn't be better!":facepalm:....I really hope you were kidding

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

For better or worse, 'til death do us part.

Your attitude of abandonment is a poor one. Don't give Dolan money, but don't quit on your team either.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/ducks_6_rangers_0_ugliness_part_ii/

good read here...

interesting to note Andrew Gross mentions in his article that he believes either kreider or miller will be called up today. It would not surprise me, I think you have to, this team is pitiful and needs something. Kreider will be a human wrecking ball out there I believe.

A human wrecking ball is a bit generous. He will however add himself in to the mix of players who need to start forming a bond and a trust. His play on the ice need only be acceptable and showing he cares. Something Kreider has not done often enough.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
The team looked like 6 Kreider's almost every shift the past two games. What is one extra Kreider (the original) gonna do?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I didn't see the game. Someone please tell me that it's false that Asham took off his own helmet and took of his opponent's as well.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I don't want any prospect called up into this mess right now.

Kreider and Miller need to build confidence in Hartford. Neither is an answer right now.

Calling them up would be EXACTLY the kind of ass backwards, reactionary thinking that has gotten the team to this point. So 99% chance it happens. Just a bunch of clowns.

Thesensation19*

How do I say this? Well, when AV was first hired I was excited. As days went on during the pre-season and I had time to assess the woes of last season and the new chapter of the Rangers I became worried. Worried that maybe Torts made us a playoff team. He let us play a simple game which was good for the young guys and a very defensive system which is good for any winning team. I brushed it off, I saw what AV did in Vancouver and said that is a similar team to us. We can be just as good if not better!

I now am tired of brushing it off. After the first game and watching some pre-season, I realized that this team has one big error for its entire team. NO DEFENSE. You give up 6 or 9 goals, 1 game FINE. But you give up at least 3 goals every game, thats not Ranger hockey. You give up more than 5 goals every game.... That is humiliating.

I brushed off the Phoenix game after the LA game. If the Rangers can play like that. They can win every game. But the Rangers cant play like that every game. That is sprints for 60 minutes. That energy and sprinting allowed us to mask our biggest flaw. Defensive zone issues. No team can do that every game and expect to make the playoffs, let alone make the playoffs and be ready to win a game.

Now every assessment I made of every game has been the same.
- Back door is wide open. 70% of the time we leave the back of the net open, 10% of the time its closed and the final pct is that we have a guy back there but he doesnt know how to cover a man, clear the slot or how to play defense properly. This is the easiest way to score goals in hockey. Henrik might be able to stop 7 out of 10 shots on this depending where the puck is and where the opponents are set up but if you give them 10 chances on this... there gonna score 3 times. Last night was a perfect example of this. Correy Perry and Getzlaf did their homework and back door goals is there forte. AV apparently didnt do his hw.

_ Looking Lost.
Players literally have no idea where to guy. I saw it so far about 70% of the game and all season so far. The defense is all over the place. There always in the way of the guy with the puck and no one is giving options to the playmaker (guy with the puck). Its already costed us about 4-5 goals all season and last night about 1 or 2. It makes us turn the puck over, worst of all... in our own zone.

_Toughness is not as big of an issue as everyone (especially the team) thinks it is.
You cant send out Asham and Dorsett and have them fight everyone and expect that this is what improves our toughness. First of all, having Asham go out there and have a staged fight where they plan on fighting... then say good job... thats a staged fight. It doesnt pump anyone up. It doesnt show toughness. It shows that we are putting on a boxing match out there between whistles. And dorsett ****. He has no hockey responsibility. They ask him to forecheck hard and for two seasons now I am not impressed. Fighting 2x a game Dorsett and slew footing everyone you miss, is not hockey and we look horrible. Oh yea, and good job Asham on not taking your helmet off. I am glad your a veteran when it comes to the sport and fighting.

Clearing the zone
Because were out of position and we dont know how to create passing opportunities. We force ourselves back and back and back. We might have a good break out here and there... but mostly we force ourselves into corners. NONE OF THE TEAM knows how to clear the zone and change properly.

PROS.
There are none for this game. We had 5 quality shots as far as im cocnerned. Why? Because of bad break outs, bad defense, and no studying our opponents.

Honestly
after watching Vancouver lose last night (though they put on a better show than the Rangers) I believe that the change of system and the change of coaches are harder to adapt to than I thought. I am sure it is tough. And gets confusing. More of a reason why I hated the firing of Torts.

I think AV could make some moves. I think he could be a solid coach. Right now I have no faith in him though to have us win a Stanley Cup though. We might be able to make playoffs. But defense is first in my mind. And all contenders play strong defense one way or another... You think after 2 back doorgoals you would do a better job on covering it.

Now how many goals have gone back door? I counted 3 yesterday, maybe 3 more on SJ, and 2 in Phoenix. Good job

Maybe we suck so bad we go draft Conner McDavid.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Not sure what you expect either Miller or Kreider do to a team that lacks of all else, chemistry. The past two games have been atrocious to watch simply because they've been so outmatched in every aspect of the play.

I'm not really confident that bringing up a guy that didn't make it past training camp because of lack of effort (Kreider), who's extremely inconsistent at best. And Miller who should be nicknamed Captain Giveaway.

Granted, Dorsett needs to go.. far away from this team

Thesensation19*

I don't want any prospect called up into this mess right now.

Kreider and Miller need to build confidence in Hartford. Neither is an answer right now.

Calling them up would be EXACTLY the kind of ass backwards, reactionary thinking that has gotten the team to this point. So 99% chance it happens. Just a bunch of clowns.

I would rather have Kreider and Miller than Asham and Dorsett. Or at least one of them...

Either way. I am with you. I am not blaming the players entirely on this one. I agree that its up to them to play smarter. But you cna obviously see that the coaches are not putting emphasis on certain things.

1) Defensive positioning. A guy is always open in the slot
2) The opponents have man handled us in our own zone, we have a rather small defense.
3) We are turning the puck over too much because of our horrible break outs and bad positioning.

Bringing in more skilled guys wont change what 90% of the team does. Coaches fault

Maybe AV gets fired by game 10. Granted where facing the best teams in the West. We would probably have an easier time against like Chicago then we do from the giants of SJ and Ducks but it doesnt matter. We wont make playoffs if we continue to have these mishaps.

Messier would probably get a contract lol. And sadly I dont think that could be better for us. Maybe im wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->