Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Devils | 3/19/13 | No Marty, No Fun :(

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I know some of you are down on Richards but I really think he's looked better these past few games. He didn't capitalize on any chances, but I think he's getting closer to where he should be. I like Richards a lot and as much as I know we need to amnesty him, I am still hoping for him to get back to ppg form and to prove haters wrong.

And Gaborik was invisible? What? He was flying, looked VERY good, just didn't score.

totally agree. these guys just need to stay on a line consistently and they'll figure it out. it's getting better. it's a game of inches.

JD123

Mar 6, 2013
Gabby and Richards seem to be playing bit better but so far off from being a top line. Whoever plays on steps line will lead this team in goals no doubt. If cally and hags stay with step I think hags will lead this team in goals. Kinda scary, but Richards and gabby are dragging Nash down. Holding out hope that Richards and gaborik find their old selves cause it seems that these will be the lines for the foreseeable future.
For now will enjoy this victory over the debbies.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
tumblr_mjxp6d7nIs1s4e1ujo1_400.gif

So good.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Felt great being there in person, Devils' fans were being sore losers, especially about the Lundqvist interference call. I guess Fatso's a choir boy in that department:sarcasm:

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Went with Gabby, to me, he was our best player tonight. Didn't score, but could have easily had 2 or 3 points tonight.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I voted the King but that dive... Oh god that's a tough one to watch. Soccer-esque. Can't defend that.

Otherwise, I'd say they have a long way to go offensively. Yeah they had some prime chances but its not even close to enough.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
You think people hate Richards' play now, wait until they see it playing with Pyatt and Boyle :amazed:

Gabby-Richards-Nash looked good tonight and Hags-Step-Cally is a good line so far. Why break those two up? Miller isn't going to be a goal scorer or premier set up man on this team, this year. He's doing well with Boyle and Pyatt in a grinder role. I like these lines for now.

They really didn't. They got pinned in defensively multiple times and looked soft on the puck. Richards just looks bad. Miller ought to get a shot centering some talent. He might start producing.

Stepan looks good with everyone. Nash should be playing with him.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Those who went, what % would you say were Rangers fans?
It looked like we had a lot but it also looked like a sea of Red.
35% Rangers fans I'd say. Fun game to be at.

We looked very good tonight for the most part, although sitting back on leads aggravates me. Florida next, should grab another 2.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
PS you know you're a homer if you were ok with Stepan getting no high sticking penalty.
I was strangely comfortable with it.

As a sometimes-not-an-idiot, I realize that Stepan deserved a penalty there.

As a Rangers fan, I was happy he didn't get one.

Hey, refs make mistakes sometimes. It's much more pleasant when we're not the ones getting screwed by it.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Katie Strang @KatieStrangESPN
#NYR Rangers captain Ryan Callahan: "I think we take that next step and can put that tough stretch behind us now."

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Let's get real. Lundqvist absolutely stole this game.

I think Richards HAS been much better the last few games, but I think Gaborik is still invisible. He's been marginally better the last two games, but he still floats around, is softer than a marshmallow and looks like he couldn't care less.

Great to get back in the playoff race, but, while I like Miller's game, even with the mistakes, we are going nowhere with a thrid and fourth line that can't score into an empty net. Top lines get shut down in the playoffs, period.

Here"s the goalscored by tonight's 3rd and 4th lines this season;

Miller - 2 (in one game, and he's the guy I like)
Boyle - 2 (one of which hit him in the ass and went in)
Pyatt - 3 (no points practically in a month)
Haley - 0
Halpern - 0
Powe - 0
Asham (assuming he's back soon) - 1

Teams with good third and fourth lines win in the playoffs -it's why we lost to the Devils last year.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
JT Miller needs to be tried at center with better linemates. I'm tired of seeing him make a great play to start something only to have Boyle and Pyatt turn it into nothing. I want to see Kreider up and a top six like this:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Miller-Callahan

I don't even care what they do with the rest of the lines.

X1000

Too much deadweight in our bottom six...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad