Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Devils | 3/19/13 | No Marty, No Fun :(

*Bob Richards*

Love Clarksons style of play but his acquisition would be.....such a Ranger move.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
They showed Staal at the game on Monday. Although it wasn't a clear shot of his face, they did show it from his right side and there was no clear injury. He got a huge cheer from the crowd.

With him back, playing the way he was, this team is extremely different.

If we can hang on to the 6-8th spot and get him back in game shape for the playoffs, we will have a chance to go deep. Hopefully he gets a week or two in before the playoffs to get his game back to par.

Its like the MSG cameras purposely showed him at an angle that you couldn't see his eye.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Clarkson is going to get Hartnell money. And Hartnell's contract is stupid, getting paid through 35 based on production during your mid to late 20s. Clarkson will be overpaid for what he's going to contribute over the next 5 years.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I don't want to pay Clarkson like a second liner. Even with his 30g season he didn't break 50 points.

Third liner? Absolutely, though i'd have to swallow my hatred for his face. But not a second liner. Ugh. And that's not happening, so no thanks.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I wonder what Staal and Stu talked about during the game on Monday. Stu seems like he's actually a pretty nice guy, but I can't quite tell

16 To Stanley*

Love Clarksons style of play but his acquisition would be.....such a Ranger move.

This, it would be a huge mistake.

I'd offer him a little more than Prust money and that's it. 3 years/3.5 million. Call it a day. He gets better offers elsewhere that he wants to take, have fun.

*Bob Richards*

I wonder what Staal and Stu talked about during the game on Monday. Stu seems like he's actually a pretty nice guy, but I can't quite tell

"Hey Stu, don't you hate it when Torts tries to horse you out for half an hour. Haha, man that gets tiring".

"Sure do, Staalsie. *Single tear streams down* Sure do".

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
"Hey Stu, don't you hate it when Torts tries to horse you out for half an hour. Haha, man that gets tiring".

"Sure do, Staalsie. *Single tear streams down* Sure do".

Or they talked about how badass they both would look with scars from their eye injuries.

bickel.jpg

Tomas Sandstrom 28

Aug 3, 2005
Also, I laughed so hard when Tomas Sandstrom was the answer to the trivia question. I hadn't heard or thought about that name for as long as I can remember.

When I was very young I had this VHS of a random Rangers/Pens I would watch to get my fix between Rangers games. Roger Neilson was behind the bench, so it must have been a game from the '89 season. I would rearrange the furniture in my living room and play along with the game. I had seen the game so many times I knew exactly when to 'hop over the boards" and pad my +/-. :laugh:

Anyway, Sandstrom scored that game. Guess what, a couple of minutes on Hockey Reference just now and I figured out what game it was. Here's the box score.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/198910150NYR.html

Some of us remember:handclap:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Its like the MSG cameras purposely showed him at an angle that you couldn't see his eye.

They showed him from the side where his injury was, and it was surprisingly clear. The issue is with his vision. His brothers were interviewed before the game and said his vision is still not 100%.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@KatieStrangESPN: #NYR Lundqvist, who was briefly shaken up after collision last night, not on ice for optional but told he's feeling fine.”

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
all teams are flawed. we need to hope the rangers are less flawed than their opponents on any given night and that the young players are improving. it was a fun game today. be positive.

I agree with this. I said something similar in a different thread a month or so back: every team has flaws, good teams sweep those flaws under the rug by winning. The team can show worrying tendencies as much as they want so long as they consistently come out of games with two points. No team is going to be perfect with the league set up the way it is today. People remember the past as being perfect and hope that the future will be perfect as well, when in reality this team always had flaws and always will.

If you can be entertained for 60 minutes of hockey and the team can come away with two points, that's a good night in my book.

tjs252

Feb 10, 2007
We played a free flowing style for the first two periods (wide freaking open by Rangers' standards) and score 3 goals. Who'd have thought a top heavy group of forwards would benefit from playing a game like that. :sarcasm:

It was an entertaining game, I was disappointed with the way we played the 3rd (the good ol' turtle to not lose) and it almost bit us, but damn was it good to get a W, and in regulation.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I thought that Devs team was the weakest I've seen us play in years.

We were one bad line change away from overtime. That 3rd goal was two gifts, one from the bad line change and one from Hedberg looking every bit the backup.

Then Hank also had to seal it with a steal(s).

A win is a win, keep the streak going with two more at home then onto Philly.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
God no to Clarkson for multiple reasons:

He's a Devil.

He'll cost too much and won't live up to those expectations.

I hate his dumb face and hope he goes west so I don't have to look at it 6 times a year anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad