Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Devils | 3/19/13 | No Marty, No Fun :(

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers didn't play a good game last night. Its a miracle the Rangers are in a playoff spot with their performance this season. Lack of performance. Its a watered down league. 48 game season is 99 days. Cap world. A ton of mediocrity. The Rangers didn't play well against the Canes either. They have two home games this week with Florida and the Caps coming to town. Anything less than 4 points in unacceptable.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
The Rangers didn't play a good game last night. Its a miracle the Rangers are in a playoff spot with their performance this season. Lack of performance. Its a watered down league. 48 game season is 99 days. Cap world. A ton of mediocrity. The Rangers didn't play well against the Canes either. They have two home games this week with Florida and the Caps coming to town. Anything less than 4 points in unacceptable.

Hey man don't spoil the party with the reality of things. They have a lot of improving to do yet and I don't think some of it is even possible given the current roster.

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
The Rangers didn't play a good game last night. Its a miracle the Rangers are in a playoff spot with their performance this season. Lack of performance. Its a watered down league.

Wouldn't it be even easier to get into a low playoff spot in a non parity league?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
To be fair there were several missed calls on both teams. Over all I was fine with the officiating tonight.

the rangers got a penalty on the same play so it evened-out. had they called stepan, the play would have stopped and the penalty that happened 30 sec later wouldn't have happened so it's a total wash aside from the 30 seconds wait. a little lucky for the refs, but, all-in-all, it was a fairly-called game.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012

Truth.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

all teams are flawed. we need to hope the rangers are less flawed than their opponents on any given night and that the young players are improving. it was a fun game today. be positive.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Great to get another win and have some guys break out of their slumps. We needed the points and I'm sure the team really needed the positive energy that will come with back to back wins badly.

Funny reading the GDT and seeing all the people wanting to pull Hank and criticising his play saying he should be benched after the game. Even more amusing when said posters end up voting for Hank as one of the three stars after the game.

Sums up the reactionary parts of our fan base pretty well.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

I don't think it's a miracle. They've had a mediocre performance all season. Up and down. More than half of the league makes the playoffs. Mediocrity will get you in. Being a seventh or eighth seed would be about right for this bunch.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I'm just glad the effort is back. Feet are moving. Guys are finishing checks. I am kind of bummed that the refreshing up-and-down action is not by design though.

Del Zotto said:
Whenever we get into that type of game, we have to take a step back and take a breath and realize what makes us successful and it’s defense first and we did a good job in the third blocking shots and Hank standing on his head.

Sigh.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Great to get another win and have some guys break out of their slumps. We needed the points and I'm sure the team really needed the positive energy that will come with back to back wins badly.

Funny reading the GDT and seeing all the people wanting to pull Hank and criticising his play saying he should be benched after the game. Even more amusing when said posters end up voting for Hank as one of the three stars after the game.

Sums up the reactionary parts of our fan base pretty well.

Lol yep. Even better were the "pull hank" posts after the 2nd goal, when the puck redirects off his own man into the complete opposite corner of the net of which the puck was originally labeled towards. We have people trying to convince others that he has been average, when he is in the top 10 of GAA and sv%.

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
Also, I laughed so hard when Tomas Sandstrom was the answer to the trivia question. I hadn't heard or thought about that name for as long as I can remember.

When I was very young I had this VHS of a random Rangers/Pens I would watch to get my fix between Rangers games. Roger Neilson was behind the bench, so it must have been a game from the '89 season. I would rearrange the furniture in my living room and play along with the game. I had seen the game so many times I knew exactly when to 'hop over the boards" and pad my +/-. :laugh:

Anyway, Sandstrom scored that game. Guess what, a couple of minutes on Hockey Reference just now and I figured out what game it was. Here's the box score.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/198910150NYR.html

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Also, I laughed so hard when Tomas Sandstrom was the answer to the trivia question. I hadn't heard or thought about that name for as long as I can remember.

When I was very young I had this VHS of a random Rangers/Pens I would watch to get my fix between Rangers games. Roger Neilson was behind the bench, so it must have been a game from the '89 season. I would rearrange the furniture in my living room and play along with the game. I had seen the game so many times I knew exactly when to 'hop over the boards" and pad my +/-. :laugh:

Anyway, Sandstrom scored that game. Guess what, a couple of minutes on Hockey Reference just now and I figured out what game it was. Here's the box score.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/198910150NYR.html

i was massively into the rangers then. i remember all those guys. had a little poke-around the web-nets and noted a couple things. leetch was the only guy in that game who was on the cup-winning team. also, rudy poeschek played in the nhl in three decades. wow. john ogrodnick put up 43 goals that year. what?! milo horava...his name is pronounced 'hor-shava' so a lot of people extrapolated that into 'horse-*****'. hahaha

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
David Clarkson will be a NYR next season if he doesn't resign before the summer.. tons of people talking in his ear and maybe I am one of them :naughty:

If he's amenable to being paid like a second line player, I'd gladly take him. He brings some elements that we could really use. It would be like adding a more skilled Brandon Prust back to the team. How much will he command on the open market though? It will be interesting to see what effect the new CBA has on the UFA market.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Rangers weren't great last night but they played with some energy the whole game of a back to back--which considering some of their other lackluster efforts previous was a good sign. As well IMO Henrik in the past two games looks to be like the goalie we all know and love. I think he's had a mediocre year so far and we need him to be better. If he can do that the Rangers will most probably make the playoffs.

Right now this team isn't as deep as it was last year and not nearly as tough. This factors into the subpar performance of our team so far as much as our problem of putting the puck in the net. The Rangers last year could roll 4 lines--and even if not scoring--they were skating, grinding, forechecking and feeding off each other's momentum. That consistency of keeping their opponents constantly on their heels is missing this year--as our third and fourth lines have mostly been a non-factor.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
The Rangers weren't great last night but they played with some energy the whole game of a back to back--which considering some of their other lackluster efforts previous was a good sign. As well IMO Henrik in the past two games looks to be like the goalie we all know and love. I think he's had a mediocre year so far and we need him to be better. If he can do that the Rangers will most probably make the playoffs.

Right now this team isn't as deep as it was last year and not nearly as tough. This factors into the subpar performance of our team so far as much as our problem of putting the puck in the net. The Rangers last year could roll 4 lines--and even if not scoring--they were skating, grinding, forechecking and feeding off each other's momentum. That consistency of keeping their opponents constantly on their heels is missing this year--as our third and fourth lines have mostly been a non-factor.

Spot on all around. I reay think the Pyatt-Boyle-Miller line skating and grinding better was an underrated factor last night. Still not ideal but better than they've been.

Crease

Jul 12, 2004
Would love to have Clarkson at the right price. Anyone else think he looks exactly like Avery with the bucket on?

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Spot on all around. I reay think the Pyatt-Boyle-Miller line skating and grinding better was an underrated factor last night. Still not ideal but better than they've been.

I think the reason they looked better was because of Miller. He had some jump and created some opportunities. I still think Boyle and especially Pyatt, are struggling still.

WeWillWinTonight

Apr 2, 2008
NY
They are struggling because they are fourth line players with the expectation of second third line production. These guys are 4th liners fringe players in my opinion.

Should have kept Prust and Feds never got Pyatt or Asham.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Would love to have Clarkson at the right price. Anyone else think he looks exactly like Avery with the bucket on?

Avery looks like Chris Neil exactly. It's scary, really.

Clarkson always looks confused. :laugh:

16 To Stanley*

They showed Staal at the game on Monday. Although it wasn't a clear shot of his face, they did show it from his right side and there was no clear injury. He got a huge cheer from the crowd.

With him back, playing the way he was, this team is extremely different.

If we can hang on to the 6-8th spot and get him back in game shape for the playoffs, we will have a chance to go deep. Hopefully he gets a week or two in before the playoffs to get his game back to par.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $685.00