Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Canadiens 3/30/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Even Columbus scored 6 goals tonight. Our offense makes me sick.

Rangers would need to score 5 goals just so they wouldn't be dead last, but that's also dependent on San Jose not scoring.

Punxrocknyc19*

Rangers would need to score 5 goals just so they wouldn't be dead last, but that's also dependent on San Jose not scoring.

it would take 2 weeks to score 5 goals and for most teams that score that in 2 games :help:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
One thing a win would do is temporarily stanch the flood of new threads on the NHL board about how much the Rangers suck.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I find it very difficult to contribute with my posts when the only thing I have to say about all of this, whether it's for the sake of change or not, is fire John Tortorella. Look at how badly players slump in Torts' system. Look at how Pyatt comes in and scores 3 in 5, Rupp last year scores early in Vancouver, Frolov gets a few in the first stretch, Asham whose been in and out of Torts' system due to injury scores a few and after a while, no one scores, ever. Kreider came into the playoffs without the intense defensive coaching and system instilled in him and was our best offensive player in many games, Miller comes up and plays and scores 2 against NYI and goes stone cold soon after. Skilled players who can't grind slumps, defense isn't contributing, bottom 6 is scoring as many goals as the amount of bites I get from a cupcake. It's like a neuter house.

The firing of John Tortorella will be a liberating experience for all of the players in the locker room. It's hard to say that's not going to be the case. When that's the reality, why aren't we firing the coach?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We have to score some goals!!! I really hope we do. Look at this... It hurts my eyes :(

zmb9ud.png

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
I find it very difficult to contribute with my posts when the only thing I have to say about all of this, whether it's for the sake of change or not, is fire John Tortorella. Look at how badly players slump in Torts' system. Look at how Pyatt comes in and scores 3 in 5, Rupp last year scores early in Vancouver, Frolov gets a few in the first stretch, Asham whose been in and out of Torts' system due to injury scores a few and after a while, no one scores, ever. Kreider came into the playoffs without the intense defensive coaching and system instilled in him and was our best offensive player in many games, Miller comes up and plays and scores 2 against NYI and goes stone cold soon after. Skilled players who can't grind slumps, defense isn't contributing, bottom 6 is scoring as many goals as the amount of bites I get from a cupcake. It's like a neuter house.

The firing of John Tortorella will be a liberating experience for all of the players in the locker room. It's hard to say that's not going to be the case. When that's the reality, why aren't we firing the coach?

i know it won't happen but thats why i'd like to see torts fired right after this season if we miss the playoffs. give a new coach a chance to implement his system with a full training camp. but the earliest he will get fired is mid to early next season if we play badly

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
I have to work tomorrow night. This is the first game all year that Im missing that i'm not going to bother pvring.

I like to think that means we're going to win, but who am I kidding? We're in Montreal and we're still trying to recover from scoring 5 goals two games ago.

LGR...!

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I'm glad I'll be in AC and won't be able see Lundqvist's usual 5 goal game in Montreal. It's not his fault though, at least he tries

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Lolol.

Torts has done it again. Allowed his fragile, little ego to choose himself over the team. Gaborik clearly wants out, so he can finish his career in some kind of style, and win. Any normal coach would want him, and would let him play his game. Other than money, or a trade he had no control over, what player would choose to play for Torts?

"...On Gaborik being on fourth line: “There’s a lot of changes in our lines, there were a lot of changes last night. It’s just trying to find some balance within some other lines. I DON’T KNOW WHAT THEY’RE GOING TO BE TOMORROW. We’ll see.â€

And with that, he provides all the proof needed to fire him, and hire a professional coach who DOES know what they'll be tomorrow. Because he knows how to get the best from his players, rather than treat them as interchangeable pawns in his ridiculous, ego-driven game.

He's STILL trying to "find some balance"?? Really??

This is beyond parody...

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
This team has the pieces for Lindy Ruff to push to the top, as much as I'm not a fan of him. But he would.

That or Torts needs to get out of the "safe is safe" and go back to "safe is death".

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Zuke should show up with a tshirt that says "all eyes on me"..

Like 2pac's tshirt from back in the days...

Jan 8, 2012
NY
There's a really good chance we get shutout today. So, after getting shutout 2 games in a row, combined with our record and horrendous goal scoring, can Clown Cakes be fired?

Fingers crossed.

Dorado*

There's a really good chance we get shutout today. So, after getting shutout 2 games in a row, combined with our record and horrendous goal scoring, can Clown Cakes be fired?

Fingers crossed.
I can't wait until this season is over . This is as bad as the pre lock out V 1 teams .

Thunderhead

May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC
On twitter, Kenny Albert noted that Cary Price has a shutout streak of 192:45 at the Bell Centre against the Rangers.

The last Ranger to score against Price at the Bell Centre was Mats Zuccarello.

That goal was scored over two years ago on 1/15/11.

Zuccarello scored at 6:57 of the third period in that game. (Price owns us)

The last 3 games for Price at the Bell Centre against the Rangers have been:

3-0 2/23/13
4-0 11/19/11
2-0 2/5/11

These statistics tell me that we'll score at least Two goals tonight. Let's hope for a huge win. LGR!

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
While dead last in goals scored per game, we are the 4th best team in goals against per game. THAT is why we're in 15th rather than 25th (or worse) and if anyone thinks that's not all Hank they're crazy because the defense has been anywhere from average to putrid most of the season. Hank has absolutely been the monster he usually is, for the most part. It's just impossible to steal games for us this year. Imagine Hanks stats if you take out all the goals we've scored on him ourselves alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad