Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Canadiens 3/30/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Gabby on the 4th? Couldn't Zucc play LW so Gabby could slot in a little higher? He's not gonna do anything if he gets 5 minutes of ice time this game.

Maybe Torts is trying to roll the lines more evenly?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
This game could really be the beginning of the end, lol.

A year ago tomorrow, the Rangers beat the Canadiens 4-1 with goals from Richards, Gaborik and 2 from DZ, making it their 50th win of the season, 4 in a row and passing the Blues by one point in the lead for the President's Trophy.

My how quickly things can change.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I'm dedicating the next 29 hours to figuring out ways to make this game somehow enjoyable and entertaining even tho they're gonna get crushed.

Suggestions welcome!

* Celebrate every shot on goal as if it were a goal.
* Get excited about the number of times Torts squints and looks up at the ceiling and lights immediately after his pregame interview with Sam.
* Use a stopwatch to calculate the number of minutes the Rangers stay on the boards with the puck, and use the total minutes to determine the amount of "magic brownies" to consume.
*Become a Habs fan for a night.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Gabby on the 4th? Couldn't Zucc play LW so Gabby could slot in a little higher? He's not gonna do anything if he gets 5 minutes of ice time this game.

Maybe Torts is trying to roll the lines more evenly?

He doesn't really do anything for us with 15+ minutes a night, so...

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
“I don’t know what to say,” Lundqvist said. “I have a few thoughts but I don’t think it’s going to help our group right now. Bottom line is, it’s not good enough and we’re not going to make it if … We need everybody right now. We need top player and smart plays for 60 minutes. We’re playing teams that are working really hard and we have to match it. If we’re not matching it, we’re not going to win.”

Quote from Hank. It makes me sad, but it's true. He's really frustrated.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Some interesting info from SNYRangersBlog:

Lines at practice:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Richards-Zuccarello
Miller-Boyle-Callahan
Pyatt-Newbury-Gaborik

I'm liking the top six. Third line isn't bad if they're playing well. Gaborik on the 4th line? I don't even know what to comment...

Will Zucc bring some magic, some luck? We need to win this game.

EDIT: This just in -

Lol this coach has NO CLUE how to use his players talents

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
“I don’t know what to say,†Lundqvist said. “I have a few thoughts but I don’t think it’s going to help our group right now. Bottom line is, it’s not good enough and we’re not going to make it if … We need everybody right now. We need top player and smart plays for 60 minutes. We’re playing teams that are working really hard and we have to match it. If we’re not matching it, we’re not going to win.â€

Quote from Hank. It makes me sad, but it's true. He's really frustrated.

If I could be a reporter, I'd say "honestly, Hank, how do you feel? What do YOU think is the real problem?"

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Remember that this is Torts we are talking about.. 5 minutes into the game, the lines are likely to be all jumbled up looking nothing like they did at game start :)

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
If I could be a reporter, I'd say "honestly, Hank, how do you feel? What do YOU think is the real problem?"

He would be (and already is) way more honest and emotional than Torts (lately) and Callahan when they give interviews. I don't want to hear the same recycled crap over and over, I want to hear emotion and truth. Hank really wants to just let loose and tell it how it is, but he seems like doesn't want to piss anyone off on the team. Understandable, but at the same time i respect his hunger to win and I agree, some of these guys just need to get better or else we're not going anywhere.

ak10r

Dec 30, 2006
Fairbanks Alaska
Cally on 3rd and Gabby on 4th with Zuc on 2nd is BS.

I'm glad Zuc is back...... BUT get a little NHL ice time.

The good point..... I'm happy for the fans from Norway.

LGR...... I guess

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Does anyone find it completely pathetic that our best RW or 2nd best but Gaborik has done it longer is FOURTH on the depth chart? I understand he's having a bad season but you need to put your players in the best position to succeed Torts does not do that

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Does anyone find it completely pathetic that our best RW or 2nd best but Gaborik has done it longer is FOURTH on the depth chart? I understand he's having a bad season but you need to put your players in the best position to succeed Torts does not do that

I'm convinced Torts in general is the problem. This is a guy that since 2001 is a top 3 most lethal sniper in the game and suddenly he can't score? I find it hard to believe his talent just disappeared.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I'm convinced Torts in general is the problem. This is a guy that since 2001 is a top 3 most lethal sniper in the game and suddenly he can't score? I find it hard to believe his talent just disappeared.

Look I admit he's having a bad season but he's been in so many ridiculous spots on the ice and with ridiculous linemates that he's not been put in a position to succeed.

*Bob Richards*

No one took me up on 4-1. Had to make it more enticing, even though everyone is convinced he is going to score.

He's old and has 0 goals on the season. You just know he's going to net exactly one all year and it will be against us. It's practically written in scripture.

"And the Lord said, 'Let Jeff Halpern score at 12:08 of the second period'"-Psalm 21:6

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Look I admit he's having a bad season but he's been in so many ridiculous spots on the ice and with ridiculous linemates that he's not been put in a position to succeed.
Quite honestly i want both torts and gaborik gone. Gabby had a decent start of the season but hasnt done much in a long time. He is not apart of our future so we might as well trade him now and get some pieces/picks back and start building around nash/stepan/hags/kreider/miller

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
He's old and has 0 goals on the season. You just know he's going to net exactly one all year and it will be against us. It's practically written in scripture.

"And the Lord said, 'Let Jeff Halpern score at 12:08 of the second period'"-Psalm 21:6

And if he doesn't who is lying, the scriptures, you or the bookie?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

That can't be right, or Rocco Grimaldi would have tweeted it already.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Quite honestly i want both torts and gaborik gone. Gabby had a decent start of the season but hasnt done much in a long time. He is not apart of our future so we might as well trade him now and get some pieces/picks back and start building around nash/stepan/hags/kreider/miller

I'm convinced its because he hasn't been put in the best position to succeed. Regardless I can Torts and see what happens before I trade Gaborik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad