Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Bruins - Rags win 4-3 in shootout

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
jumping-jack-edwards.gif

Oops, this is what I was talking about, of course.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Andy got hit on the bridge of his nose and was pissed off all night. Z was also angry.

I guess Ference needs to get roughed up before every game..haha.
Seriously, I think he'll only get better as the season goes along.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Free point that should not have been there, Lundqvist played well and Rask let in a softie, but all in all 1 point, and thank god that the next time the Bruins meet the Rags will be in the playoffs or next season.

1-1-1 isn't a bad line against them, but I need to see the Bruins play some weaker opponents and blow them out.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Not to take this in a different direction, but people here over the last 5 years would rip Thomas for letting in what they construed as a "soft" goal, yet Rask lets in 2 questionable goals last night and you can't comment on it? Not making much sense to me. To be fair, Rask has been good this year, but make no mistakes about what other teams are shooting at when they play the Bruins. It's an area the guy needs to improve, otherwise, we'll see it a lot come playoffs.

I know Bruin's fans are passionate about their team, and I think some fans are just realizing how consistent Thomas was for the B's. IMO TT was a GREAT goalie...(I miss him big time). As good as Rask can be at times, he can also look ordinary at times. The way Dobby has played in net a couple of games so far this year, I would be willing to give him more starts just to see if he has what it takes to possibly challenge Rask for the #1 spot in the future. Dobby actually reminds me more of TT than Rask. I like the way Dobby controls the rebounds, and he seems cool under pressure. If Rask starts to falter, I wouldn't hesitate to put Dobby in net.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I know Bruin's fans are passionate about their team, and I think some fans are just realizing how consistent Thomas was for the B's. IMO TT was a GREAT goalie...(I miss him big time). As good as Rask can be at times, he can also look ordinary at times. The way Dobby has played in net a couple of games so far this year, I would be willing to give him more starts just to see if he has what it takes to possibly challenge Rask for the #1 spot in the future. Dobby actually reminds more of TT than Rask. I like the way Dobby controls the rebounds, and he seems cool under pressure. If Rask starts to falter, I wouldn't hesitate to put Dobby in net.

I think you're on to something here. The threat of competition is always a good thing, IMO. I like the idea of spelling Rask more and making him feel like he has to earn it (even if it's not true). More focus is not a bad thing at all.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He was severely outplayed last night, no question.

To be honest, I wasn't a fan of the first goal either. Maybe I saw it wrong and should watch again, but I remember him hitting the ice just as Nash slid head first into home. He has a tendancy to drop to the ice far too soon.

EDIT: I will also say that goalies who are "weak" up high really don't have a glaring weakness at all. If you need to pick a corner to get one through then you probably deserved it. Most goalies aren't stopping top shelf snipes. In Rask's case I think he goes down too early and gives up the upper half too easily though.

This is spot on.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I know Bruin's fans are passionate about their team, and I think some fans are just realizing how consistent Thomas was for the B's. IMO TT was a GREAT goalie...(I miss him big time). As good as Rask can be at times, he can also look ordinary at times. The way Dobby has played in net a couple of games so far this year, I would be willing to give him more starts just to see if he has what it takes to possibly challenge Rask for the #1 spot in the future. Dobby actually reminds me more of TT than Rask. I like the way Dobby controls the rebounds, and he seems cool under pressure. If Rask starts to falter, I wouldn't hesitate to put Dobby in net.

huh?? I've seen him now in 3 games and i can't remember one "dramatic" save he has needed to make. He is as positionally sound as the day is long. It's an easy save for him. :laugh:

agreen23

Jun 23, 2012
Nash is awesome. So much skill, so much hustle and is very, very hard to knock off the puck. SO goal was a thing of beauty.

Good to see Gabby shutout after his hatty and GWG last time.

Very impressed with McDonagh. Physical in the corners or in front and his poke on Krejci's curl and drag may have saved a goal.

That being said, great to steal a point from that game. Not Tuukas best effort. Pevs was flying. Marchy is the man. Krejci is as slick as ever.

I was impressed with Bourque. Hes a heady player who never turns the puck over in a bad spot. He has good hands, speed and vision. Im really hoping it will all click. Tough to produce when your line is struggling. Kelly has looked like a bum this far when playing 5v5.

I wanted to see Segs pull the Kaner move on Hank. That would have been great. Take Bergy off of the SO, I could have made a better move than that... my sister could have too. Marchys gold though.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
impressed that they were able to tie it, but it should have never come to that. Really irritated me to hear NBC gush over how well the Rags played when it was obvious that the Bruins were out of sync and sleepwalking until the final 10 minutes or so.

This team really needs to elevate their game or they are going to be 1 and done again.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
yes the point was Hugh last night and the way the fought back was even better now we need to have some full 60 Min games fromm the guys. If the PP even get to be mediocre we should be in good shape.It also be nice to take some leads into the third an seal the deal. Have to give Major props to the guys on the PK playing out of their minds at this point.

agreen23

Jun 23, 2012
Spooner had 2 PP points last night. Just saying...

Really, really wish Kelly didnt sign a 4 yr deal with a NTC. Not playing up to his 3million a year contract, not even close. We can get PK out of Bergy, Marchy, Pevs, Paille, Soupy, etc. Hes not bringing too much to the team right now and he's -3 playing with a line that is supposed to be defensive. And he will be turning 37 the year his deals up.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Spooner had 2 PP points last night. Just saying...

Really, really wish Kelly didnt sign a 4 yr deal with a NTC. Not playing up to his 3million a year contract, not even close. We can get PK out of Bergy, Marchy, Pevs, Paille, Soupy, etc. Hes not bringing too much to the team right now.

This is why you never sign a guy coming off a career year to a long term deal. They've got nowhere to go but down, since water always finds its level.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
huh?? I've seen him now in 3 games and i can't remember one "dramatic" save he has needed to make. He is as positionally sound as the day is long. It's an easy save for him. :laugh:

Do you want "drama", or Wins?

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Nash is awesome. So much skill, so much hustle and is very, very hard to knock off the puck. SO goal was a thing of beauty.

Good to see Gabby shutout after his hatty and GWG last time.

Very impressed with McDonagh. Physical in the corners or in front and his poke on Krejci's curl and drag may have saved a goal.

That being said, great to steal a point from that game. Not Tuukas best effort. Pevs was flying. Marchy is the man. Krejci is as slick as ever.

I was impressed with Bourque. Hes a heady player who never turns the puck over in a bad spot. He has good hands, speed and vision. Im really hoping it will all click. Tough to produce when your line is struggling. Kelly has looked like a bum this far when playing 5v5.

I wanted to see Segs pull the Kaner move on Hank. That would have been great. Take Bergy off of the SO, I could have made a better move than that... my sister could have too. Marchys gold though.

Looks like he lost a step to me. Wheels aren't quite there.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Played like garbage except for the final 58 minutes and 30 seconds. Can't believe we got a point.

This means they played like garbage the first minute and a half
then played well the 58 minutes 30 second.

I think you meant, played like garbage except for the final minute and 30 seconds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad