Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Avs

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Wow. Hayes has been finding is wheels after the all-star break. Almost heart-warming that he and Miller have such good chemistry after being in direct competition for so long. Hunwick further solidifies role as 7D, and rough night for the second line.

I almost want to give Nash first star honors. Right before the Hagelin goal, when we had literally nothing going for us, he barrels up the ice at the end of a shift, takes the puck to the net, gets taken down hard, and I'm sure his effort inspired Hayes who came flying in after him and threw the puck to Hagelin as soon as he got it. Throw in that goal which was all grease and all effort. Wow. Talk about leadership. That was incredible.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Has there ever been a player that was signed and hated on so much and then managed to be even WORSE than expected as Glass is?

I swear, I knew he was bad, but I hoped he'd at least fill Dorsett's spot. Be worse but at least not be a super liability. He's worse than I ever could of imagined and yet he gets a guaranteed spot in the lineup.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Has there ever been a player that was signed and hated on so much and then managed to be even WORSE than expected as Glass is?

I swear, I knew he was bad, but I hoped he'd at least fill Dorsett's spot. Be worse but at least not be a super liability. He's worse than I ever could of imagined and yet he gets a guaranteed spot in the lineup.

Exactly. I thought Glass + 3rd round pick we got from Dorsett would be an upgrade. Boy, was I wrong on that one.

I would gladly take Dorsett back, and lose out on the 3rd round pick.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
The Avs feed has a pretty hilarious segment if you wanna check it out. The NHL.com highlights of the game features it during Nash's goal.

PBP guy: Pass behind the net for Nash, he's got an assist in this game, but that's it... Shot, score! By Rick NASH! Are you kidding me? You've gotta be kidding me...

Last edited:

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
The Avs feed has a pretty hilarious segment if you wanna check it out. The NHL.com highlights of the game features it during Nash's goal.

PBP guy: Pass behind the net for Nash, he's got an assist in this game, but that's it... Shot, score! By Rick NASH! Are you kidding me? You've gotta be kidding me...

that goal was total effort thats why..

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
I've been drinking all night but I keep hearing from my buddies the Rangers are looking at The Thrill is this true because I'll get a jersey that says The Thrill on it with a C for cheeseburgers

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
I've been drinking all night but I keep hearing from my buddies the Rangers are looking at The Thrill is this true because I'll get a jersey that says The Thrill on it with a C for cheeseburgers

I am sure every team looked at Phil, now can every team afford him? no.... are the Rangers one that can? No

Problematique

Apr 3, 2011
Australia

I'd buy a Kessel jersey day 1 too. He's everything we need - a pure finisher and with personality to boot! :laugh:

If only we could get rid of MSL and Glass.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Great game by Talbot. Really strong performance after a shaky night in Toronto. 3-1-1 since Hank's injury. That's the Cam I was hoping for.

Obviously best game as a pro by Kevin Haysnzal. He'll be a key player for this team once / if he finds consistency. Anyone know why he didn't sign with Chicago? Not that I'm complaining.

It's strange to expect great offensive performances from Nash nightly after last season. Now he does something special every game and it feels almost taken for granted. Sometimes Sather actually knows what he's doing.:amazed:

MSL. I don't even know anymore. Hard to believe he won the Art Ross 2 short years ago when you watch him now. Let's hope MSL is a new, confident player in April.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Not a great game but good play on many hands, Boyle and Hayes deserves to be mentioned. I love Dom Moore. Zucc played well again, Brass is always competing.

I think we need to cut MSL some slack since he is playing with Kreider. We saw it with Nash last year, whoever is playing with Kreids is never getting a heady pass or something like that. Kreids working on these things and he is developing, and he is strong in some areas, but I think it's unfair to be too critical of the winger playing with him because those plays that open things up are missing.

I would like to get Miller on the LW with Step and MSL and Kreider on Hayes line.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hayes plus 4 and Jt plus 3 . Hell yeah. When is last time glass was even a plus in a game? I don't even wanna hear it . JT guy should
Be in the lineup period. Unless we trade for a veteran top 6/9
forward for the playoff run which I doubt will
Happen cause of cap space miller should be playing.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Really good game by Talbot. He bailed us out numerous times. Hayes was a beast, man what a game by him.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Great game by Talbot. Really strong performance after a shaky night in Toronto. 3-1-1 since Hank's injury. That's the Cam I was hoping for.

Obviously best game as a pro by Kevin Haysnzal. He'll be a key player for this team once / if he finds consistency. Anyone know why he didn't sign with Chicago? Not that I'm complaining.

It's strange to expect great offensive performances from Nash nightly after last season. Now he does something special every game and it feels almost taken for granted. Sometimes Sather actually knows what he's doing.:amazed:

MSL. I don't even know anymore. Hard to believe he won the Art Ross 2 short years ago when you watch him now. Let's hope MSL is a new, confident player in April.

Pretty sure it was about playing time.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Was really important to get 2 points and keep pace with the division rivals.

4 points behind Isles but we have 2 games in hand.
3 points behind Pens but we have 2 games in hand.
1 point ahead of Caps and we have 2 games in hand.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Pretty sure it was about playing time.

Chicago wanted Hayes to be Bickel II, Buff II or someone like that. Big PF who parks infront of the net and opens up room for Towes, Kane and co.

Hayes has a very strong reference group in his family (he is a cousin with Keith Tkachuck, and he got his brother etc). People who knows him know that playmaking is his big strength, and that he is a center. That didn't fit into Chicagos plans and Chicago tried to push him. That rubbed him the wrong way.

Ppl were calling Hayes a RW and told everyone to forget about him playing LW this summer, center? You got laughed at for suggesting that. But the minute I saw him I knew we wanted him to get a chance to find that big exclusive center.

I think he made a real good call not going to Chicago. We saw Claude's kid force a trade the other day. Jan Erixons kid did the same. I think these guys knows how important it is to end up at eight place. Hayes did so.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
When a team has a Phil Kessel and hes not mentioned as part of the core to build around, it says alot about that players presence on and off the ice.

Would love the goals that he brings ro the table but not anything else that he offers.

Hes as big a reason that team sucks as any. Floater that doesnt back check and in today's game you can't do that and expect to win

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad