Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Lightning Game 3 (TBL leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaggs

Apr 20, 2014
No one on the rangers steps up at the blue to hit besides girardi and he rarely does it.. Staal used to all the time but since the Injuries he hasn't hit the same. There's no threat entering the zone... Mcilrath will change that but at wat cost?

Could he really make the D any worse?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
He just got off the ice after losing the game for his team. He's absolutely furious at himself and he has to go answer the media's questions. Do you understand how hard that is to do?

He sat at his locker for 30 minutes after the reporters left, just sat there. Angry. Pissed off.

Tell me about other professional athletes that are that hard on themselves. You won't find any.

yeah...i get it. im very hard on myself, and i play beer league. i cant imagine if i got paid for a living to do this. id be pissed off every game i didnt score 6 goals or something lol.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
No one on the rangers steps up at the blue to hit besides girardi and he rarely does it.. Staal used to all the time but since the Injuries he hasn't hit the same. There's no threat entering the zone... Mcilrath will change that but at wat cost?

I really think that eye injury that almost ended Staal's career really got to him, physically wise.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
yeah...i get it. im very hard on myself, and i play beer league. i cant imagine if i got paid for a living to do this. id be pissed off every game i didnt score 6 goals or something lol.

Same here, I hate losing in beer leagues. I can't imagine the idiot I would be if I lost a game where I was paid millions.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
As much as it would pain me if it happened, this quote is the reason why I thought Henrik took a risk by staying here.

He is arguably the best goaltender of this era and definitely the most consistent of this era.

But a few years from now, the fans will chuck him out like old garbage.

He had one poor game in which the other great goaltender let up 5 against our defensive oriented players.

If he doesn't win one, he will go down in New York sports history with the likes of Don Mattingly and Patrick Ewing as the best New York professional athletes to have never won a championship.

I can also envision a night in October 2020 after 2 or 3 more trips to the ECF and maybe a SCF without a win, where an aging Lundqvist takes to the Garden ice wearing a jersey of some expansion team and Ranger fans root for him harkening back 45 years.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
If he doesn't win one, he will go down in New York sports history with the likes of Don Mattingly and Patrick Ewing as the best New York professional athletes to have never won a championship.

I can also envision a night in October 2020 after 2 or 3 more trips to the ECF and maybe a SCF without a win, where an aging Lundqvist takes to the Garden ice wearing a jersey of some expansion team and Ranger fans root for him harkening back 45 years.

Please no. Lundqvist is 10x the player as Donnie Baseball was. As far as Ewing, he choked in big pressure moments.

Lundqvist has been there time and time again for us, carried us way more than those two ever did. Lundqvist needs to step up in game 4, agreed 100%.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I think a lot of true fans have silently thought this

Henrik could have a cup by now if he was on the right team

Hopefully it's with us this year

Really? He could have won a cup eh? That pesky presidents trophy is just given to the luckiest team I guess. Lets not ignore the fact that we would be up 2-1 right now at the very least and possibly 3-0 of he doesn't play like absolute garbage in the last two games.

If he played in Chicago and played like this in the first round they would have been eliminated.

If we don't win the cup this year it is solely on Henrik.

We led more than LA did last year during the SCF and I still argue we were the better team. But yeah. LA was the better team and whatnot.

Putting a rookie who still has tons of questions regarding his play in a playoff game against one of the fastest teams in the league... Wow. You want to know at what cost? At the cost of about 15 goals. He would get eaten alive.

Hitting isn't the problem and I am blown away that people think that it is. Kreiders ill timed hit directly lead to to the Tampa 5th goal.

Last edited:

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
Please no. Lundqvist is 10x the player as Donnie Baseball was. As far as Ewing, he choked in big pressure moments.

Lundqvist has been there time and time again for us, carried us way more than those two ever did. Lundqvist needs to step up in game 4, agreed 100%.

Like the finals? Like 3 OT losses last year in the finals? Like this series so far?

Henrik does not win the cup and he is Eddie Giacomin. Always with the no cup hanging around his neck, when Uncle Daddy won 3 with less talented clubs.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Really? He could have won a cup eh? That pesky presidents trophy is just given to the luckiest team I guess. Lets not ignore the fact that we would be up 2-1 right now at the very least and possibly 3-0 of he doesn't play like absolute garbage in the last two games.

If he played in Chicago and played like this in the first round they would have been eliminated.

If we don't win the cup this year it is solely on Henrik.

We led more than LA did last year during the SCF and I still argue we were the better team. But yeah. LA was the better team and whatnot.

100% agree!

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
IMO, it has been his tendency for years. He gets tired to fast under pressure and then his game goes down. 33 is old? It is a prime for his position. We got 7 more years to go with him, you are scaring me man.
It's not a hard concept, man.
King needs rest, his ego may/may not be standing in the way.
If he rests now and then he will be sharp.

will only be a good trade if we end up winning the cup this year....and that's a big IF at this point
funny thing is if we do it won't be because of Marty...it will be in spite of him
Last year Marty was a difference maker.....makes it even more hyterical considering he and most of the other scorers aren't showing up now

gosh....you thought at least facing his old team in Tampa where he didn't like Steve Y would light a fire under his ass ....guess not
Unlike Hank, Marty is a complete goner. He owes it to the team and to us to just suddenly have a hamstring pull and get replaced by Haggerty.

Marty has been no where near a 'top guy' in fact, Marty is WORLDS away from how good Fast is playing, Fast has been unbelievable. What a late round gem in him.
When I plead with you guys to consider moving vets for youth and to acquire talent with hope of getting ahead, you give me the razz.
You think because we lucked out with late guys like Hagelin, Fast, or holdouts like Hayes that everything is ok.
We can't CONSTANTLY rely on late guys (also Duke, Butch) turning into a big deal

Yeah lol, not a bad idea, at least Hunwick could handle the puck.
No to the added D. We need offense.
6 backliners 4 lines.

He looks like he doesn't want to be there, and absolutely does not care about the public perception of him, or his legacy here in NY.
That is not someone I want on my team.
I have genuine appreciation for all Hank has done.

But IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF
there was ANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANY
way we could deal him for assets, move his contract, and roll with Talbot/Skapski, we should do it.

Starting Talbot would be a 100% panic decision. It would show that we are vulnerable
if we start Talbot, kiss our season goodbye
No.
It would be giving TB a different look and forcing them to adjust, give them something else to think about.
Depending on how hot Talbot was, he stays, or rotates back w/Hank.

That would save our season IF we got replacements for MSL and Zuc.
repeat after me: Haggerty

and You know, the thing about Kreider is, he is a selfish player, when he wants to play, he makes an impact, but when he is just like "Meh, not gonna try tonight" He just nonchalantly dumps the puck in and and doesn't skate, if Kreider was giving it his all, night in and night out, imagine the impact he would have.
No, I think he looked tentative the last game, esp. late. They seemed to want him to be sure he could race back, not for his plays, but for any plays by any player.
We would be better off even with the penalties if we let Kreider be Kreider like he was that 2 goal game v. Washington.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
pls. let T. Glass go to Vuffalo Sabres or something. :D

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Like the finals? Like 3 OT losses last year in the finals? Like this series so far?

Henrik does not win the cup and he is Eddie Giacomin. Always with the no cup hanging around his neck, when Uncle Daddy won 3 with less talented clubs.

Lundqvist was the only reason those games were going to overtime.

Hey maybe Hagelin converts that breakaway to end game 1 in regulation.

Maybe Dwight King is called for interference.

Maybe Rick Nash scores on an open net.

How in the world was Lundqvist at fault for last years cup? He had to dominate to get our only win.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

McIlrath is another "stay at home" guy who can't skate and can't move the puck. It's throwing gasoline on a fire.

I actually wouldn't mind McIlrath as a 3rd pairing guy who could clean up the crease. But his problems are already glaring weaknesses on this roster.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
holy **** Hank is never going to win a cup and thats sad.

Be careful I said on here that if he didnt win it this year it would be nearly impossible to win a cup here and I got ripped to shreds lol. Just feel like you don't get many chances like they've had last year and this year. Way too many factors involved in an 82 game season and another 4 rounds of playoffs (injuries and passengers like Nash). Everything has to click just perfectly. I still believe in this year but its pretty much gonna come down to winning this Friday eve

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
McIlrath is another "stay at home" guy who can't skate and can't move the puck. It's throwing gasoline on a fire.

I actually wouldn't mind McIlrath as a 3rd pairing guy who could clean up the crease. But his problems are already glaring weaknesses on this roster.

Imagine mcilrath on ice against the likes of the killorn and stamkos or Johnson and palat:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad