Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Lightning Game 3 (TBL leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Imagine mcilrath on ice against the likes of the killorn and stamkos or Johnson and palat:laugh:

That's basically what we saw last night, except it waa Staal, Girardi, and Klein, and not McIlrath.

But it's the same idea, just different names on the jerseys. Can't skate. Can't move the puck.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
It's not a hard concept, man.
King needs rest, his ego may/may not be standing in the way.
If he rests now and then he will be sharp.

Unlike Hank, Marty is a complete goner. He owes it to the team and to us to just suddenly have a hamstring pull and get replaced by Haggerty.

When I plead with you guys to consider moving vets for youth and to acquire talent with hope of getting ahead, you give me the razz.
You think because we lucked out with late guys like Hagelin, Fast, or holdouts like Hayes that everything is ok.
We can't CONSTANTLY rely on late guys (also Duke, Butch) turning into a big deal

No to the added D. We need offense.
6 backliners 4 lines.

I have genuine appreciation for all Hank has done.

But IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF
there was ANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANY ANY
way we could deal him for assets, move his contract, and roll with Talbot/Skapski, we should do it.

No.
It would be giving TB a different look and forcing them to adjust, give them something else to think about.
Depending on how hot Talbot was, he stays, or rotates back w/Hank.

That would save our season IF we got replacements for MSL and Zuc.
repeat after me: Haggerty

No, I think he looked tentative the last game, esp. late. They seemed to want him to be sure he could race back, not for his plays, but for any plays by any player.
We would be better off even with the penalties if we let Kreider be Kreider like he was that 2 goal game v. Washington.

After Kreider's incredibly stupid play in the last game, I think we should make sure Kreider plays less like the current Kreider. For a guy with so many natural gifts he sure makes a lot of stupid and/or careless plays.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@AGrossRecord: AV laughs when first question is whether he's going to start Lundqvist in Game 4. "Is that a real question." Told it was, he says "Yes."”

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Nobody will be laughing if we let in 6 goals again. That's on the Defense and Hank.

He needs to play one of the best games of his life tomorrow.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Nobody will be laughing if we let in 6 goals again. That's on the Defense and Hank.

He needs to play one of the best games of his life tomorrow.

He can have 60 saves tomorrow, and still let in 6 goals. If the team in front of him plays as terrible defensively as they have the past two games, that will be the result.

ICYMI...

Check out my post here showing some of the saves he made on terrible blown defensive coverages. No one remembers these because of the soft goal he gives up in OT to blow the game. But highlights the real issues with the team which fall outside of Henrik's responsibilities.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=102798683&postcount=707

Wolfy*

He can have 60 saves tomorrow, and still let in 6 goals. If the team in front of him plays as terrible defensively as they have the past two games, that will be the result.

Like when old Boyle fell on his ass, leading to the first breakaway. Hank gets stunned, and their first is in our net. Our D were a bunch of comedians last night, just like game 2.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012

I don't disagree. McD, Staal and Girardi are also to blame for the catastrophe last night.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

ICYMI...

Check out my post here showing some of the saves he made on terrible blown defensive coverages. No one remembers these because of the soft goal he gives up in OT to blow the game. But highlights the real issues with the team which fall outside of Henrik's responsibilities.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=102798683&postcount=707

I don't care if he faces 120 shots tomorrow. 6 goals is too many.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Like when old Boyle fell on his ass, leading to the first breakaway. Hank gets stunned, and their first is in our net. Our D were a bunch of comedians last night, just like game 2.

Yeah, we had a 2-0 lead too - he let Tampa into the game with that mistake so bad. :(

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
If the Rangers can stop giving away the neutral zone, back check, and play a defense first game they can tie this series and try to establish themselves in this series.

They don't have much of a choice. All of the mistakes,forced plays,etc. Is the direct result of them NOT playing their game.

If this doesn't happen you can blame AV and his staff for getting outcoached like they presently are...

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Losing Stralman didn't hurt the Rangers when they won all of these low goal games.

This was also a one goal game, and the Rangers had 5.

Didn't hurt them THEN, will it hurt them now? Yes, it will most likely come back to bite them in the ass the way this series has been played, some people just don't realize how good Stralman really is and how big of a loss he was for the Rangers.

eyedoc

May 1, 2015

Ah the memories. That play looked just like MSL and his **** up from Game 2. Those two goals changed the momentum in each of those two games. Terrible...

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Ah the memories. That play looked just like MSL and his **** up from Game 2. Those two goals changed the momentum in each of those two games. Terrible...

Every SC team has a veteran player or two that helps push them over the edge and add to the happy ending. ..

Ours are sealing our fate and adding to our demise

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
If the Rangers can stop giving away the neutral zone, back check, and play a defense first game they can tie this series and try to establish themselves in this series.

They don't have much of a choice. All of the mistakes,forced plays,etc. Is the direct result of them NOT playing their game.

If this doesn't happen you can blame AV and his staff for getting outcoached like they presently are...

Agree totally with the above:handclap:
Maybe AV can call his good buddy Michel Therrien and ask him what the Habs did to slow down the Bolts after they let in 6 goals in game 2 of their series...

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Didn't hurt them THEN, will it hurt them now? Yes, it will most likely come back to bite them in the ass the way this series has been played, some people just don't realize how good Stralman really is and how big of a loss he was for the Rangers.

Nobody has any idea what position this team would be in if Stralman was given a long term contract. That move could've changed other things.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
He owes it to the team and to us to just suddenly have a hamstring pull and get replaced by Haggerty.
I dont mind replacing MSL for a game,
but not much evidence Haggerty could be better than Glass or Marty

R. Bourque, Lindberg, Klingberg, Hrivik all ahead of him, probably C.Bourque and Mueller too.
This ain't the ECAC regular season, the only time/place Haggerty has done much.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
“@AGrossRecord: AV laughs when first question is whether he's going to start Lundqvist in Game 4. "Is that a real question." Told it was, he says "Yes."â€

Will he pull him if he gives up 3 goals in the first, or multiple goals in a matter of minutes? Someone should tell AV backup goalies aren't just for injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad