Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Lightning Game 3 (TBL leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
It wasn't Dan girardi vs stralman. It was Boyle vs stralman. And slats is in love with bringing together the 04 lightning team because if it worked 11 years ago it should work now right?

Not saying it is Girardi vs Stralman, i'm saying Stralman would be a way better partner for Mac then Girardi would ever be

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Not saying it is Girardi vs Stralman, i'm saying Stralman would be a way better partner for Mac then Girardi would ever be

Ya but staal needed a better skating partner way way way more than McDonagh did... So by having girardi playing in the top pairing convinced people he was better

Zaggs

Apr 20, 2014
Exactly, people overrate Girardi and don't even realize how BAD of a partner he is for Mac, Mac needs a partner who can skate, produce some offese, and play defense, a TWO WAY DMAN, and ya know what, they got rid of that guy, Anton Stralman, GREAT JOB SATHER! :p:

I was all about that yesterday. They probably could have gotten Stralman resigned for less than they paid Boyle and that may have negated having to trade for Yandle.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

CFjE59AUUAEA9Ii.jpg:large

Zaggs

Apr 20, 2014
Negative ghostrider, he's a very good possession player, of course he would help the team.

He is, but with their dump and chase style thats almost irrelevant. I doubt Zuke is going to be the sole forward that will actually carry the puck into the zone. If the D and goaltending issues don't get worked out its not going to matter if its Zuke or whomever he would replace out there (Cuz you know AV ain't taking MSL out).

machphantom

Oct 22, 2011
God he's like a Norwegian Rudy.

If he has the cojones to come back, we better ****ing win. That's all heart on the sleeve kinda stuff right there.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
He is, but with their dump and chase style thats almost irrelevant. I doubt Zuke is going to be the sole forward that will actually carry the puck into the zone. If the D and goaltending issues don't get worked out its not going to matter if its Zuke or whomever he would replace out there (Cuz you know AV ain't taking MSL out).

Their D not named Stralman and Hedman are not very good, so yes it would play into his strength. Last night, I saw the Rangers dump and chase occasionally, but they certainly didn't play that style.

Tampa was crap defensively last night as well. They gave up 5 goals, if Hank was even a modicum of his usual self all everyone would be talking about is Tampa's crappy defense.

Zaggs

Apr 20, 2014
Their D not named Stralman and Hedman are not very good, so yes it would play into his strength. Last night, I saw the Rangers dump and chase occasionally, but they certainly didn't play that style.

Tampa was crap defensively last night as well. They gave up 5 goals, if Hank was even a modicum of his usual self all everyone would be talking about is Tampa's crappy defense.

I could be confusing my frustration at how other teams seem to effortlessly carry the puck into the Rangers zone alot and of the times when the Rangers have it in the other zone they seem completely confused over what they want to do.
Sad thing is that Tampa can have a crappy defense when they're capable of 12 goals in 2 games.

machphantom

Oct 22, 2011
If zucc comes back we will win this series... He's such a big heart n soul player hell get the whole team going

My thoughts exactly. If he's ready to play, play him. I'm sure the staff will make sure he's capable of playing before putting him out there.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: Rangers say Zuke not ready to skate with team and will not be available until he does”

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I could be confusing my frustration at how other teams seem to effortlessly carry the puck into the Rangers zone alot and of the times when the Rangers have it in the other zone they seem completely confused over what they want to do.
Sad thing is that Tampa can have a crappy defense when they're capable of 12 goals in 2 games.

No one on the rangers steps up at the blue to hit besides girardi and he rarely does it.. Staal used to all the time but since the Injuries he hasn't hit the same. There's no threat entering the zone... Mcilrath will change that but at wat cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad