Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Lightning Game 3 (TBL leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
TBL have Hank's number. No one can really deny this.

P.S. Anyone who does deny this is just a fan of him and not the team.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
He can have 60 saves tomorrow, and still let in 6 goals. If the team in front of him plays as terrible defensively as they have the past two games, that will be the result.

ICYMI...

Check out my post here showing some of the saves he made on terrible blown defensive coverages. No one remembers these because of the soft goal he gives up in OT to blow the game. But highlights the real issues with the team which fall outside of Henrik's responsibilities.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=102798683&postcount=707

Hope Hank doesn't think the same way you do. No question the team needs to be better but the goalie always has to think he can steal the game if needed.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Agree totally with the above:handclap:
Maybe AV can call his good buddy Michel Therrien and ask him what the Habs did to slow down the Bolts after they let in 6 goals in game 2 of their series...

Maybe they should take a page out of Detroit ... they blanked them 2x

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'm a big staal fan. Can't believe how bad he's been this series. I feel like when he's on he's a beast. Unfortunately, this entire series he's been terrible and we need him

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
I'm a big staal fan. Can't believe how bad he's been this series. I feel like when he's on he's a beast. Unfortunately, this entire series he's been terrible and we need him

Staal will never excel in a speed series. He's much better in a plodding grind them out type series. Girardi as well. They are both getting exploited this series. And I think as a whole the Rangers D is trying to do too much instead of just playing within the system.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
Yup, with All Star goalie Petr Mrazek in nets!!!
The Red Wings clogged the neutral zone and made them dump and chase, not their game or strenght...

I think Mrazek was the only team to shut Tampa out this year. And he did it 4 times.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Yep, take a guy off the team that plays top pair minutes.. wouldn't change a thing.

It doesn't if you replace Girardi with Stralman and let Stralman play top line minutes with Mac, in fact, Mac would be a lot better with Stralman then he does when playing with Girardi, and you know whats funny, Hedman had the best season of his career when playing with guess who? Anton Stralman, and Stralman made Staal way better too, so, dunno about this top minutes role or why Stralman couldn't step into it easily.

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
Nobody will be laughing if we let in 6 goals again. That's on the Defense and Hank.

He needs to play one of the best games of his life tomorrow.

It's unknowable but....My guess is that this will be the best Ranger team that Lundy will have during his playing career.

I believe we are in the window of winning now.

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
It's unknowable but....My guess is that this will be the best Ranger team that Lundy will have during his playing career.

I believe we are in the window of winning now.

and Hank is probably in the tail-end of his prime right now so it would be a perfect time to win the cup this year or next.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
It doesn't if you replace Girardi with Stralman and let Stralman play top line minutes with Mac, in fact, Mac would be a lot better with Stralman then he does when playing with Girardi, and you know whats funny, Hedman had the best season of his career when playing with guess who? Anton Stralman, and Stralman made Staal way better too, so, dunno about this top minutes role or why Stralman couldn't step into it easily.

Theres just no way to say for sure we'd still be in the same spot, it would change the entire season.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Losing Stralman didn't hurt the Rangers when they won all of these low goal games.

This was also a one goal game, and the Rangers had 5.

The prior 2 series were different. They need mobile guys for this one. I would have to believe that with Stralman and his prowess of breaking cycles, shot suppression etc, that maybe the Caps series doesn't go to 7.

Also keeping him weakens the team we are currently playing. They wouldn't have gotten past Detroit. Neither here nor there, the reality is they let him walk and the Rangers are worse off because of it. That said, the series is still 2-1, this game Friday is the make or break game, they're not coming back against this team down 3-1.

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Theres just no way to say for sure we'd still be in the same spot, it would change the entire season.

My main point is, having Stralman over Girardi would be better in the long haul, and plus, would the Rangers have won the presidents trophy if Talbot didn't play as well as he did? Probably not. and the Rangers were a better puck possession team last year actually, and at this point since guys like Marty aren't producing we need more from the back end, but Girardi isn't here to produce points from the back end and does not have the ability too, Stralman can.(good thing Sather got Yandle or else we would be screwed on the back end for this series.) Girardi really won't do much in this series being the stationary and immobile d-man he is, same goes for Staal and Klein.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
The Rangers need to readjust sure, but they don't have to play clutch and grab neutral zone trap hockey.

They should start by making life a little more difficult for the triplets. Letting them play pond hockey with each other probably isn't a great strategy. Having Staal, Girardi, McD constantly pinching when they're out there isn't a great idea either.

The triplets have 60%+ of Tampa's goals. I never in a million years thought the Rangers would have so many problems with them.

Lost in all of the panic, if the Rangers can adjust and tighten up, Bishop is there for the taking, he isn't that good. He is the worst goalie by far they have faced with a not so good back 4 in front of him.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
“@AGrossRecord: AV laughs when first question is whether he's going to start Lundqvist in Game 4. "Is that a real question." Told it was, he says "Yes."”

What moron asked that question? Deserves to have the camera pointed on him so everyone can laugh at that moron. AV gives him a get out of jail free card by asking if it's a serious question and he still asks it. What a joke. Were there people asking if Malkin would be scratched because he was pointless? Or if Backstrom would be scratched because he was invisible? Or if Price would be starting the next game after giving up 6 to TB. What a joke. That makes me so angry.

Hank had a rough game. You don't sit your franchise player because he had a rough game. You live and die with Hank, end of story.

Would've been fantastic if Torts walked out to the podium when that question was asked: "AV, I'll take this one..."

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
The goal in OT make no sense - why couldn't the D play physical instead of back skating and that shoot would never even hit the net.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
BTW, series is not over. The performance over the past 2 games doesn't provide much confidence, but TB is young. If AV adjusts and starts playing differently it could frustrate them. Right now everything they're doing is working, they're floating on a cloud.

Detroit slowed them down. Montreal slowed them down. We're better than both of those teams. We need to stop trying to beat TB at their game.

Come out hard tomorrow and play a tight and smart game. Need to keep it low scoring and we need to dictate the pace. It needs to be Rangers hockey not Lightning hockey.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
That would make things a lot friendlier around here. :laugh:

ys - hopefully Nash read the forum - he doesn't like to relocate to Toronto
and start contribute in goals. :)
And I think our D need to start to play more physical too and stop them in our neutral zone.
We did that in game 1 and we can do it again for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille