Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Lightning Game 3 (TBL leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Ya I'd even argue Keith and McDonagh is closer than a lot of people give him credit for here... (Since he became captain his expectations are thought the roof, this isn't NHL15 the captaincy doesn't add +2 to everything lol).

Our true problem is McDonagh needs a better partner who can skate

Exactly, people overrate Girardi and don't even realize how BAD of a partner he is for Mac, Mac needs a partner who can skate, produce some offese, and play defense, a TWO WAY DMAN, and ya know what, they got rid of that guy, Anton Stralman, GREAT JOB SATHER! :p:

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
As much as it would pain me if it happened, this quote is the reason why I thought Henrik took a risk by staying here.

He is arguably the best goaltender of this era and definitely the most consistent of this era.

But a few years from now, the fans will chuck him out like old garbage.

He had one poor game in which the other great goaltender let up 5 against our defensive oriented players.

I think a lot of true fans have silently thought this

Henrik could have a cup by now if he was on the right team

Hopefully it's with us this year

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
When McDonagh contract is done expect at least $8mill a year... Slats has signed all these contracts assume the cap will go up but for some reason it doesn't go up year after year

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
When McDonagh contract is done expect at least $8mill a year... Slats has signed all these contracts assume the cap will go up but for some reason it doesn't go up year after year

because they have useless american teams in the nhl like the coyotes or the panthers that should be in Canada

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I'm just saying, Girardi is not worth 5.5mil.....I can see why the team has cap space problems.

Slats was screwed in that situation.. He would've had to get a d man back in a trade and for sure they would've been worse than girardi and in slats old crazy mind he couldn't care less about the future if he won a cup now

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
because they have useless american teams in the nhl like the coyotes or the panthers that should be in Canada

funny thing is the coyotes used to be in canada....now they have a new franchise with the same name in the same city in canada from where the coyotes used to be :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Panthers need to be moved to Quebec

Igor Shestyorkin

Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Slats was screwed in that situation.. He would've had to get a d man back in a trade and for sure they would've been worse than girardi and in slats old crazy mind he couldn't care less about the future if he won a cup now

but will Dan Girardi help you win a cup more hen a guy like Anton Stralman? younger, making less money, a WAY better player, still has a lot of playoff experience.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
but will Dan Girardi help you win a cup more hen a guy like Anton Stralman? younger, making less money, a WAY better player, still has a lot of playoff experience.

It wasn't Dan girardi vs stralman. It was Boyle vs stralman. And slats is in love with bringing together the 04 lightning team because if it worked 11 years ago it should work now right?

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
As much as it would pain me if it happened, this quote is the reason why I thought Henrik took a risk by staying here.

He is arguably the best goaltender of this era and definitely the most consistent of this era.

But a few years from now, the fans will chuck him out like old garbage.

He had one poor game in which the other great goaltender let up 5 against our defensive oriented players.

Yes, well right now Tom Barrasso, Cam Ward, Nikolai Khabibulin, Corey Crawford and Mike Vernon have something he doesn't. If he doesn't get it he is Eddie Giacomin part ll. Not a Mike Richter.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Winning team achievements shouldn't have any thing to do with how great an individual is... Dan Marino never won a Superbowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad