Confirmed with Link: Rangers agree to terms with Patrick Khodorenko

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
You’re disappointed about acquiring a free asset that you don’t know much about... That’s very confusing....
No one here knows a lot about him until now, but from what I’ve seen and read, I’m not a huge fan. I know what I’m talking about. And it’s not “free.” It costs a roster spot.

If you’re skeptical, go watch tape of him and tell me I’m wrong. A poster compared him to Barron, and I said they share some qualities. Namely, they’re both solid all-around players with no standout qualities, and their skating needs work. I never said they’re the same player. You’re grasping at straws here.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
No one here knows a lot about him until now, but from what I’ve seen and read, I’m not a huge fan. I know what I’m talking about. It’s not “free.” It costs a roster spot.
Are you serious with this?

One thing we are for sure lacking is forward depth in our prospect pool. Especially in the near future. And forwards that can play even in the bottom 6 while also showing that they can handle top 6 minutes during an injury. Teams like Boston and Tampa have that. Who do we have potentially coming that we are comfortable playing bottom 6 minutes? Barron? Still undetermined what he will be at the Pro level. Kravtsov you want playing in the top 6. So who else? Maybe Gettinger?

Khodorenko may not have been drafted but he is more polished after his 4 years of productive play at Michigan State.

Its a solid add even if he doesnt pan out. The larger the pool, the better chance you have of landing a quality cheap young bottom 6 player.

Last edited:

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Nice. Been a while since we signed a decent prospect out of college. Good age and size and 11 points more than the next highest scorer on his team.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Lots of draft picks don't pan out--they get drafted as late 17 year olds or 18, 19 year olds and some will just not develop. You build a team using every avenue available and often with guys 20, 21, 22 and 23 they have taken steps forward that some of your draft picks weren't able to make and so are more justifiable to sign. That additional age usually helps as far as physical strength too. Hopefully Khodorenko will make a positive impression in the few weeks remaining and into the playoffs.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Nice. Been a while since we signed a decent prospect out of college. Good age and size and 11 points more than the next highest scorer on his team.

Was a trade but didn’t we kinda just sign Fox who played in college last season?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
No one here knows a lot about him until now, but from what I’ve seen and read, I’m not a huge fan. I know what I’m talking about. And it’s not “free.” It costs a roster spot.

You know what you’re talking about..?

Dude, your post proves you don’t know Jack shit.

You haven’t watched him. Nor followed his career. You launched a cute little meme 22 minutes after this signing was announced and followed that up with “your professional” feelings about him.

I personally don’t know much about him but at the end of the day, it is a free asset because it didn’t cost us any resources or currency to acquire him.

A roster spot is insignificant in the grand scheme of things for a team that can use a two way center in NY and Hartford, so I’m not sure why you leaned on that that weak ass crutch to try and prove your failed point.

And if you don’t think Girardi was a phenomenal signing, then I’m pretty sure I’m wasting my time here with someone that ultimately doesn’t know anything about hockey....

BTW, the few people here that do closely follow NCAA hockey are more than copacetic with this signing. Trust their feedback over the 4 YouTube videos you found of him from 2 years ago.

Last edited:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Joe: "He's got such a quick release"
My buddies and me always joke about how Joe says this about literally every single player. Doesn't matter whether they do or not, any shot that was ever taken during a game he was analyzing was done so with a quick release.

Gaborik? Quick release. Paul Mara? Quick release. Panarin? Quick release. Marc Staal? Quick release.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
My buddies and me always joke about how Joe says this about literally every single player. Doesn't matter whether they do or not, any shot that was ever taken during a game he was analyzing was done so with a quick release.

Gaborik? Quick release. Paul Mara? Quick release. Panarin? Quick release. Marc Staal? Quick release.

Taco Bell? Quick release.

Reactions: NCRanger

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth

I don't suppose there's any video documentation of him saying this about Staal, or Mara?

During the broadcasts I often find myself thinking about Staal's molasses-like release on his wrist shot and I feel like I would have been blown away if I ever heard Micheletti attributing a 'quick release' to anything to do with Marc Staal's shot... Mara had a pretty terrible shot as well from what I can remember...

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I don't suppose there's any video documentation of him saying this about Staal, or Mara?

During the broadcasts I often find myself thinking about Staal's molasses-like release on his wrist shot and I feel like I would have been blown away if I ever heard Micheletti attributing a 'quick release' to anything to do with Marc Staal's shot... Mara had a pretty terrible shot as well from what I can remember...
Nah I just picked them because of their notoriously slow releases. It honestly wouldn't shock me if he had said it about them though.

Reactions: wolfgaze

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad