Confirmed with Link: Rangers agree to terms with Patrick Khodorenko

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I asked him but he said he doesn't feel comfortable doing an interview with how the previous season played out. He doesn't want to risk saying something wrong etc.

I have interviews with Pajuniemi, Jones, Raddysh, Kjellberg and Ciccolini coming up still

That's certainly fair on his end, especially since he's not a native English speaker as well

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I asked him but he said he doesn't feel comfortable doing an interview with how the previous season played out. He doesn't want to risk saying something wrong etc.

I have interviews with Pajuniemi, Jones, Raddysh, Kjellberg and Ciccolini coming up still

Very curious about Jones. He definitely was a hidden gem. His USHL teammate and D Partner Ronnie Attard got a lot of attention as a D+2 breakout star in the league who scored 30 goals as a defensemen.

When the Rangers announced the pick, a couple of people really lauded them for it. Saw a few clips at the WJC summer camp and knew he was legit. Really good skater. Better pick than Ryan Johnson imo, BUF's 1st from the USHL that got some hype.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Very curious about Jones. He definitely was a hidden gem. His USHL teammate and D Partner Ronnie Attard got a lot of attention as a D+2 breakout star in the league who scored 30 goals as a defensemen.

When the Rangers announced the pick, a couple of people really lauded them for it. Saw a few clips at the WJC summer camp and knew he was legit. Really good skater. Better pick than Ryan Johnson imo, BUF's 1st from the USHL that got some hype.

You will like that interivew. It was a Zoom call, so I got a lot more out of it in terms of information. Gives me more freedom to write

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
You used the gif I used on you a few weeks ago. And you didn’t even do it properly.

Pathetic. Little more originality in the future, please. :facepalm:

how original is Khodorenko reminds me of #99 leading the Lord of the Flies to believe it? Appears to have attracted the small tribe too

Welcome -
A3DA2D8F-1168-43BB-8894-C1338E1F2434.jpeg

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He had one or two good years if I remember correctly. I don’t know. Never impressed me too much because I don’t really value shot blocking.
You have to believe that the goalie is going to make the save, but if a shot gets through to the goal there is always chance for a rebound and more offensive opportunities, so even though you don't value it oh, it's still really kind of important and shows the team a player is willing to sacrifice his body for the good of the team and believe me, goalies appreciate it for the most part.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
As for Khodorenko...... I'm not one for judging people but first off, I kind of got a kick out of how he laughs in between and during sentences.
On a negative note, I kind of think it's a deep down built-in insecurity on how he laughs like that. It's almost like he doesn't believe anything he says and believes it's funny. I'm sure I'm wrong, but then again maybe I'm not.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
That's certainly fair on his end, especially since he's not a native English speaker as well
Absolutely. There’s a thought out there that these guys kind of... owe us their thoughts or that the reporter needs to get all the dirt out of an interview. Personally if a guy wants to talk, I’m glad to listen and I understand it’s simply his or her “side”, not necessarily the unvarnished truth. But getting the guests viewpoint is enough for me. This isn’t court. And if the guy doesn’t want to talk, fair enough.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Absolutely. There’s a thought out there that these guys kind of... owe us their thoughts or that the reporter needs to get all the dirt out of an interview. Personally if a guy wants to talk, I’m glad to listen and I understand it’s simply his or her “side”, not necessarily the unvarnished truth. But getting the guests viewpoint is enough for me. This isn’t court. And if the guy doesn’t want to talk, fair enough.

Yes. When I reach out to them, I don't really expect anything so when they respond it's always a nice surprise. When I did the Zoom call with Darren Raddysh, I told him how it works. Recording the conversation and then writing it up later, and he said "Yeah, my teammates told me. I've read your articles" which was really cool.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
You have to believe that the goalie is going to make the save, but if a shot gets through to the goal there is always chance for a rebound and more offensive opportunities, so even though you don't value it oh, it's still really kind of important and shows the team a player is willing to sacrifice his body for the good of the team and believe me, goalies appreciate it for the most part.
Good point. I will say you’re making me hate shot blocking less.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
came across this 10 minute feature on Khodorenko,
sorry if it has been shared already, i tried the HFB search function with no matches in this thread, but it may be here already

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Huh? The guy was our #1 RD for almost a decade. It's not even remotely debatable.

Granted he wasn't great his last few years but there's a solid 4-5 year window where he was a legit first pairing defenseman. In what world was he not an impact player?
Most people here have no actual clue how to evaluate defense. None. The majority just parrot what they're told about a player and look at numbers. (Basic stats usually, not even the advanced ones)

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Most people here have no actual clue how to evaluate defense. None. The majority just parrot what they're told about a player and look at numbers. (Basic stats usually, not even the advanced ones)

I evaluate defense with the lollipop test.

Could an attacking player have made the same successful play while also sucking on a lollipop? Yes? Bad defense. No? Well the defender did what he could.

Don't tell me I have no clue how to evaluate defense.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
As for Khodorenko...... I'm not one for judging people but first off, I kind of got a kick out of how he laughs in between and during sentences.
On a negative note, I kind of think it's a deep down built-in insecurity on how he laughs like that. It's almost like he doesn't believe anything he says and believes it's funny. I'm sure I'm wrong, but then again maybe I'm not.

Weed is also great and makes people this way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad