Confirmed with Link: Rangers agree to terms with Patrick Khodorenko

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
some of my fondest memories are watching Staal and Girardi shut down top lines in their prime.

and now memories of Staal and Girardi is this

Girardi-Pirate.jpg

ice-hockey-or-skate-field-with-orange-traffic-cones-picture-id941413714

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Rangers have unearthed a few gems over the years... if he becomes an NHL regular then home run. If not, some depth for Hartford or maybe He gets moved at some point for a better asset. I get not being “excited,” but I can’t believe a few guys are actually criticizing this.
Some people would criticize a cure for cancer, after all it will lead to over population.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Can't me mad at a dart throw and worry about using a contract on him when the Rangers are going to dump like 10 guys from the minors this year via not giving RFA's a QO or others leaving as a Group 6 UFA for a chance somewhere else.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
You know what you’re talking about..?

Dude, your post proves you don’t know Jack shit.

You haven’t watched him. Nor followed his career. You launched a cute little meme 22 minutes after this signing was announced and followed that up with “your professional” feelings about him.

I personally don’t know much about him but at the end of the day, it is a free asset because it didn’t cost us any resources or currency to acquire him.

A roster spot is insignificant in the grand scheme of things for a team that can use a two way center in NY and Hartford, so I’m not sure why you leaned on that that weak ass crutch to try and prove your failed point.

And if you don’t think Girardi was a phenomenal signing, then I’m pretty sure I’m wasting my time here with someone that ultimately doesn’t know anything about hockey....

BTW, the few people here that do closely follow NCAA hockey are more than copacetic with this signing. Trust their feedback over the 4 YouTube videos you found of him from 2 years ago.
I never said I followed his career. But from what I’ve seen and read, especially from his draft year, concerns me. His development has been a roller coaster. You haven’t addressed one of my points. You just say I don’t know shit about him. Also, when I say I know what I’m talking about, I don’t mean it in a professional way. I mean that I spend a lot of time analyzing prospects for free, because I like to do that. Sorry if a meme and my opinion upset you? Lmao bro read what experts said about him in his draft year. It’s not good. I’m not mad at this signing, but it’s not a good one imo. Hope I’m wrong.

Do you even read what I write? Or do you just create a straw man for everything? I already admitted I was wrong about Girardi. I said he wasn’t an impact player for most of his career. Still a good signing nonetheless. Hell, even Lettieri I consider a good signing. But I already said I was wrong and that Girardi was an impact player. I was only about 10 when he broke into the league and I guess I don’t remember much.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Not a bad analogy but yes, if it’s a flip phone and I’m only allowed to carry one phone. I won’t complain but I’d rather want to save the space for an iPhone.

What if there won't be an iPhone available, but only old Samsung slide and flip-phones? You're basically complaining about a roster spot in case some flashy future superstar becomes available? That's not happening this summer

Complaining about an undrafted free agent taking up a roster spot, when we have 5-10 players leaving this summer, is really something.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
What if there won't be an iPhone available, but only old Samsung slide and flip-phones? You're basically complaining about a roster spot in case some flashy future superstar becomes available? That's not happening this summer

Complaining about an undrafted free agent taking up a roster spot, when we have 5-10 players leaving this summer, is really something.
Well I’m not really complaining. My first post was “meh.” It may seem like I was complaining because I was defending myself from about 17 posters. There were also 2-3 different topics. Also, I didn’t realize we had that many players leaving. I just don’t want another Leedahl or Nell situation (I know those situations are not that big of a deal but still). And it’s not like I’m furious. Also, when did I say I expected a superstar prospect? You and a few other posters do this all the time. Straw man after straw man. Do you think I’m stupid? Obviously there aren’t many great UDFA prospects available. I just thought there were better ones like the one the Penguins got (and no, not because it’s the Penguins) and a few others I read about. But also I understand it takes two parties to come to a deal. Besides, one or two people being meh about this signing is not a big deal. There are zero fans that think signings like these are bad. It’s a free asset. I’m not mad about that. But at the same time, we shouldn’t just give any player a contract when there may be slightly better options available and a limited number of spots. But again, it’s not a big deal and I know it’s possible that Gorton probably tried signing other prospects.

Last edited:

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

I want Zach Morris brick phone dammit.
217y1k.jpg

Reactions: Leetch3

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
This is a very meh player

cull out the gropps. Add some new stuff and see what happens.

move seen him play. He’s a AAAA guy

but he’s a centerman

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It's a wait and see. Best case scenario Khodarenko becomes a gritty two way 3rd/4th liner who kills penalties, hits, takes face-offs and contributes points now and again. It will probably take at least a year or two for him to get there.

It's not that Vesey has bad hockey IQ so much as he can't process the game fast enough for his level of skills which are overall pretty decent. Jimmy Vesey was a Hobey Baker winner. Sometimes that step to the next level goes seamlessly like with Fox--much more often it doesn't. We see this from Europe, College, Junior to the AHL that some players make the jump and some don't and then again from the AHL to the NHL. There are also surprises--guys you don't think are going to make the jump well but they do and guys you're really sure about that don't.

Reactions: egelband

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
It's a wait and see. Best case scenario Khodarenko becomes a gritty two way 3rd/4th liner who kills penalties, hits, takes face-offs and contributes points now and again. It will probably take at least a year or two for him to get there.

It's not that Vesey has bad hockey IQ so much as he can't process the game fast enough for his level of skills which are overall pretty decent. Jimmy Vesey was a Hobey Baker winner. Sometimes that step to the next level goes seamlessly like with Fox--much more often it doesn't. We see this from Europe, College, Junior to the AHL that some players make the jump and some don't and then again from the AHL to the NHL. There are also surprises--guys you don't think are going to make the jump well but they do and guys you're really sure about that don't.

imagine if the Rangers signed JAM to a contract. he could have gotten a chance here but choose to sign elsewhere. i hate these AHL contracts because other teams take notice and up the contract to NHL to get their guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad