Confirmed with Link: Rangers acquire Patrick Kane, Cooper Zech for 2023 2nd (Becomes 1st in 2024 or 2025 if NYR Make ECF), 2025 4th, A. Welinski; Condt'l 2025 3rd to AZ

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Why are people saying Kane is a bad guy? What happened?

Most likely some combo of:
Punched a cabbie
Was involved in a sexual assault allegation; that was thrown out/never went to trial
was wearing an A (I think), and part of the Blackhawks team that all turned a blind eye to the Kyle Beach assault

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I asked Vince that on Twitter, and I was accused of crying for a millionaire by a very pleasant fellow. Twitter is one of the worst places on Earth, probably right behind the NYPOST comment section.

That’s the internet in general.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
I’m not saying he was a bad player by any means. I just don’t think MSL was as good then as Kane is now. I’m also a huge MSL fan if that accounts for anything.
I know, it just seemed like you were basing the fact that Kane is better based on his prior year statistics, and I am just pointing out it was the same situation for MSL. For the record, I also think Kane is better now than MSL when we acquired him.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I know, it just seemed like you were basing the fact that Kane is better based on his prior year statistics, and I am just pointing out it was the same situation for MSL. For the record, I also think Kane is better now than MSL when we acquired him.
I don't even think its about "who" is better. It's more about what the team "needed" back then with MSL, opposed to quite maybe that we didn't "need" Kane now.
No doubt adding those types of players, certainly instills a little more confidence throughout the team. I am now, truly excited to see him regularly and what he will bring to our team. He doesn't have to be a superstar, just do the Kane things he does.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
I don't even think its about "who" is better. It's more about what the team "needed" back then with MSL, opposed to quite maybe that we didn't "need" Kane now.
No doubt adding those types of players, certainly instills a little more confidence throughout the team. I am now, truly excited to see him regularly and what he will bring to our team. He doesn't have to be a superstar, just do the Kane things he does.
This is a fair assessment. The 2013-14 team was certainly starved for offense compared to the current team.

If Panarin and Trocheck keep playing the way they have recently, then adding Kane to that line is simply going to be electric. There were 2-3 times yesterday that Goodrow should have scored from beautiful plays those 2 were creating.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Looked like his first game on a new team for the first time in his career. Can’t really judge after one Game. Man, he had that once chance late In the game, Garden would have erupted if he scored there.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad