Confirmed with Link: Rangers acquire Patrick Kane, Cooper Zech for 2023 2nd (Becomes 1st in 2024 or 2025 if NYR Make ECF), 2025 4th, A. Welinski; Condt'l 2025 3rd to AZ

jaywills1020

Mar 14, 2004
So most of you would subscribe to the argument that Kane is a better player than Martin St. Louis was at the time we traded for him
I think he is. He had 92 points last year. A player of his caliber doesn’t fall that far in a year. Either disinterested or his hip was affecting his play this year.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
View attachment 660092

The actual money is $172,432. The cap hit means nothing to Arizona. They are using Ladd and Little in addition to Weber who was acquired last week to reach the floor.
Unfortunately it probably does and they used it hard against us like with Nemeth. They knew we would pay the price. Just sucks it was that price and on top of VK's value plummeting to zero

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
They managed to figure it out just fine in the 80s & 90s without computers. Just like the moon landing in the 60s.
They had computers for the moon landing… they were the size of entire rooms to get the power of a few iPhones, but they had and used them. They just weren’t available to the masses. There were also on board guidance computers, obviously much smaller and less powerful, but they couldn’t have landed on the moon without them.
(allegedly!)

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
You don't need to win a lottery to get a high end talent, Zegras went 8th.

And yeah, that is the point I've made many times.... for us to be that elite team, we need Laf and Kakko and Chytil to reach that elite status. If they did so quickly, we would essentially be there now. Since they haven't, we are flirting with a scenario where by time they get there Kreider, Panarin, etc, may not be elite anymore.

Should have continued to have patience when the kids weren't instant stars.
Do the Avalanche have more elite players than we do or are their elite players just better than ours?

Also, Zegras is really good but he’s not more elite than Zib. It is highly unlikely that you’re finding someone in the generational tier, which seems to be your main motivation, anywhere other than at the top of the draft. Bedard seems like he might be that good. These players aren’t available in every draft.

Finally, have we not been patient with the kids? All of the important ones are still here and their roles are steadily growing. What does patient mean to you?

Your argument makes sense if we traded one of the kids for Kane. We didn’t do that.

fm

Jul 28, 2016
Cooper Zech is a tertiary character in the Lando Calrissian origin story novel

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The Rangers going for over-the-hill vets who have won before only worked once. Barely. And it's been an embarrassing disaster of a shit show ever since. I have zero confidence that Kane will be able to do what needs to be done to help this team.

Nothing matters in the long run but cups, and this isn't the move that will do it for us.
Then what will? Connor effin McDavid? What would have made you happy? I am not THRILLED with either addition, but considering the potential of what they coud do, and considering WHAT little we gave up to "GO FOR IT" is nominal.

I still believe it's "too much" talent and not enough "grit". the onlky grit we have is Vesey, Goodrow and the kids. NOW, we have to split them up.

Reactions: AirGut

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Then what will? Connor effin McDavid? What would have made you happy? I am not THRILLED with either addition, but considering the potential of what they coud do, and considering WHAT little we gave up to "GO FOR IT" is nominal.

I still believe it's "too much" talent and not enough "grit". the onlky grit we have is Vesey, Goodrow and the kids. NOW, we have to split them up.
I'm not sure why people are so shocked that some of us are ambivalent about this trade. Personally, I'm in wait and see mode, but we've seen this movie before - many times. I can certainly understand why some people have the attitude of "Here we go again..."

Reactions: mas0764

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Just here to collect all the receipts of the ones who came at me 2 weeks ago when I said that Kane could still be a possibility if the price was right due to him forcing his way here. That we should absolutely be considering it. I was told no way its not going to happen. I said we could potentially get Kane for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and Kravtsov or Jones and I was told that wouldn’t get it done even if he only picked the Rangers. That based on the Tarasenko trade, we would have to give up more.

Well, well, wellllllll. Here we are with Patrick Kane a New York Ranger.
Great call RGY. Although I didn't say it, I really thought by adding Tank the price for Kane would go DOWN. You know, price and demand. Thing is, the demanding was done by Kane. Drury got his cake and ate it too. Brillant, even though I still have my reservations. LGR's ....do this! Make me eat it!

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
wait and see can also be applied to the devils as well. this is the best team ruff has ever coached. the team may have hardly any playoff experience but there's that unknown in how they will react to the playoffs. also look at playoff teams ruff has coached previously - not many could have coached those teams to reach their maximum capabilities.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
wait and see can also be applied to the devils as well. this is the best team ruff has ever coached. the team may have hardly any playoff experience but there's that unknown in how they will react to the playoffs. also look at playoff teams ruff has coached previously - not many could have coached those teams to reach their maximum capabilities.

Nah.

His first 2 post lockout Sabres teams were excellent.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I'm not sure why people are so shocked that some of us are ambivalent about this trade. Personally, I'm in wait and see mode, but we've seen this movie before - many times. I can certainly understand why some people have the attitude of "Here we go again..."
It’s just hard to be ambivalent after what we gave up.

Three weeks ago I wanted to trade Panarin and had zero interest at all in Kane, but that was when Kane was looking seriously injured and it was possible that one of the kids might be part of the trade.

I am still skeptical that this team will win it all, but they remain in a good place from a prospect perspective (relative to the age and success of the team) and if nothing else this is going to be very fun to watch.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
They had computers for the moon landing… they were the size of entire rooms to get the power of a few iPhones, but they had and used them. They just weren’t available to the masses. There were also on board guidance computers, obviously much smaller and less powerful, but they couldn’t have landed on the moon without them.
(allegedly!)
I was speaking tongue in cheek. Those computers were about a powerful as Texas Instruments calculator.

Two words about the moon landing...Stanley Kubrick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad