Confirmed with Link: Rangers acquire Patrick Kane, Cooper Zech for 2023 2nd (Becomes 1st in 2024 or 2025 if NYR Make ECF), 2025 4th, A. Welinski; Condt'l 2025 3rd to AZ

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I'm not sure why people are so shocked that some of us are ambivalent about this trade. Personally, I'm in wait and see mode, but we've seen this movie before - many times. I can certainly understand why some people have the attitude of "Here we go again..."
Yeah buddy, don't want to ever say "here we go again" in regard to paying very high prices for well past their prime players. Again, I somehow have come to see the light as I compare what we actually gave up in order for us to supposedly have a real "puncher's chance". Getting Tank well before the deadline was great, allowing him some extra time......Kane otoh should adapt more quickly, theoretically speaking.
Would've loved having 2 1sts, but you gotta give to get........right?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

He lost some money out of the paper moves, right? How is he going to be compensated?

With a very nice bridge deal? Either way, I would have done the same as it REALLY gets you in good graces with his teammates AND prob more importantly .......the FO.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Yeah buddy, don't want to ever say "here we go again" in regard to paying very high prices for well past their prime players. Again, I somehow have come to see the light as I compare what we actually gave up in order for us to supposedly have a real "puncher's chance". Getting Tank well before the deadline was great, allowing him some extra time......Kane otoh should adapt more quickly, theoretically speaking.
Would've loved having 2 1sts, but you gotta give to get........right?
You definitely have to give to get and by any standard we really didn't give up a lot. For all I know it could work out. I'm just saying I understand people not being thrilled after the parade of 'saviors' and aging superstars from Phil Esposito through Brad Richards and MSL with one cup to show for it.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
It was to get Kane onto the team. Not about Dolan. You do know there is a salary cap, right?

Of course I know it was to get Kane on to the team. The question is why did the kid have to pay for it all out of his pocket to please a multi-billionaire.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Of course I know it was to get Kane on to the team. The question is why did the kid have to pay for it all out of his pocket to please a multi-billionaire.
Because we literally had no cap space and send Schneider down for a couple of days gave us enough accrued cap space to make the trade.

I'm sure the Rangers will compensate him well. One thing that is always constant is that the Rangers treat their players well. Dolan is not a cheapskate owner.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
The late pivot, to also add Kane, had various side effects, most of them not great.
Schneider 2 day paper demotion was among them, but just about the least impactful.
A 21 yr old on a ~$4M contract, already pocketed ~$1.4M. The cost of those 2 days ain't gonna impact his lifestyle or fortunes at all. Better players have had longer demotions on lesser contracts
And it had little to do with Dolan's money, the team wasnt being cheap.
They were abiding by rules agreed to between the teams and players.
IMHO, you're trying way too hard to make something outta nothin'

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Because we literally had no cap space and send Schneider down for a couple of days gave us enough accrued cap space to make the trade.

I'm sure the Rangers will compensate him well. One thing that is always constant is that the Rangers treat their players well. Dolan is not a cheapskate owner.
Compensate him in what way? The CBA is pretty strict on any sort of compensation under the table.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Compensate him in what way? The CBA is pretty strict on any sort of compensation under the table.
The Rangers already spend more on their players than other teams. I'm sure they can come up with something legal.

Hell, maybe this even gives his next bridge deal a few 100K more than he would have received otherwise.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The Rangers already spend more on their players than other teams. I'm sure they can come up with something legal.

Hell, maybe this even gives his next bridge deal a few 100K more than he would have received otherwise.
If we win the cup while Kane is a major contributor.......each and every Rangers player should give a big smooch to Schneider in Macy's window. GG smooches a bit lower.
Drury tells Bettman to kiss his Ass, while he hands him Lord Stanley's Cup.
We smooch each other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad