Confirmed with Link: Rangers acquire Patrick Kane, Cooper Zech for 2023 2nd (Becomes 1st in 2024 or 2025 if NYR Make ECF), 2025 4th, A. Welinski; Condt'l 2025 3rd to AZ

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
It’s just hard to be ambivalent after what we gave up.

Three weeks ago I wanted to trade Panarin and had zero interest at all in Kane, but that was when Kane was looking seriously injured and it was possible that one of the kids might be part of the trade.

I am still skeptical that this team will win it all, but they remain in a good place from a prospect perspective (relative to the age and success of the team) and if nothing else this is going to be very fun to watch.
Hopefully we at least win a round.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC

He lost some money out of the paper moves, right? How is he going to be compensated?

I asked Vince that on Twitter, and I was accused of crying for a millionaire by a very pleasant fellow. Twitter is one of the worst places on Earth, probably right behind the NYPOST comment section.

Doesn't sound like he cares much, why worry about it?
It's OK to be curious about something like this.

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
I asked Vince that on Twitter, and I was accused of crying for a millionaire by a very pleasant fellow. Twitter is one of the worst places on Earth, probably right behind the NYPOST comment section.

I was too, but when I saw the quote it struck me as a kid who sees the bigger picture. Which was nice, he doesn't seem slighted by it at all.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So most of you would subscribe to the argument that Kane is a better player than Martin St. Louis was at the time we traded for him
That's actually kind of tough for me.

MSL was coming off an Art Ross and wasn't as much of a complete void defensively.

We're not asking Kane to do anywhere near as much as we asked of MSL in terms of importance to the team's scoring. We have two other forwards as dangerous as Kane.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
That's actually kind of tough for me.

MSL was coming off an Art Ross and wasn't as much of a complete void defensively.

We're not asking Kane to do anywhere near as much as we asked of MSL in terms of importance to the team's scoring. We have two other forwards as dangerous as Kane.

Yeah, I feel like Kane is what this team needs right now more than just about anything. Real secondary scoring. MSL on that team was the primary weapon a lot of games. Nash was bad during the first season MSL was with us, for example.

You can say any/every slur under the sun right now on Twitter and not get banned. It's an insane cesspool.

The only thing you can get banned for is criticizing Musk. I kid you not. I've said just about anything just to test the rules. I never even caught a warning. I caught two separate 7-day bans for criticizing Musk (no profanity, no slurs, etc.). Was wild, wild stuff.

Avoid Twitter - at least the comments.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah, I feel like Kane is what this team needs right now more than just about anything. Real secondary scoring. MSL on that team was the primary weapon a lot of games. Nash was bad during the first season MSL was with us, for example.
Yes and MSL was very mid the second year when Nash was lighting it up.

Just no comparison offensively to what we used to have.

Forget Kane or Panarin; Mika Zibanejad would look like Vishnu walking into the 11-12 locker room.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
The thing that is so mind blowing about these moves is we don't really need anything out of Kane or Tarasenko. It's just all bonus.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The thing that is so mind blowing about these moves is we don't really need anything out of Kane or Tarasenko. It's just all bonus.
We kind of do though. Well, we need Kane to produce to his norms in the Playoffs if Panarin no shows again. That's the big question mark.

If Panarin and Kane produce to their capabilities, I dont see how we lose.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
$1,301,478 career earnings in the NHL so far. After tax, he's definitely not a millionaire yet.
You gave me a real response to the question to Vince on Twitter, appreciate you taking my question in good faith!

We kind of do though. Well, we need Kane to produce to his norms in the Playoffs if Panarin no shows again. That's the big question mark.

We will need to score a TON in the playoffs, in my opinion.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009

Yeah if Panarin no-shows we need Kane to be Kane. Or Tarasenko to be Tarasenko. Or Chytil to go on a tear. But let's have Panarin just show up in the first place!

There's a lot of different pathways to success now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00