Pre-Game Talk: Ranger/Isle Game in Danger of Postponement | 2-3 FT of Snow | All Game Updates Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
every time we get a blizzard predicted ahead of time it turns into a mild slush storm so excuse me if i don't buy it without seeing it :laugh:

Would be crazy to get two games cancelled in one season due to snow, though.

Somehow I believe it with the little amount of snow we've seen so far this year.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Good morning from Phoenix. High of 79 today. Watching the weather in NY has become my second favorite spectator sport.

Are you going to the February 14th game at the Glendale Arena. I will be going to my first Ranger game in 17 years that night. Am in Section 118. And, yes, though not as warm as Phoenix, we are at about 68 degrees and sunny in my part of Arizona.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
My classes are precautionarily cancelled tomorrow and Tuesday. Starting to pick up.

Whiskers*

The Rangers will practice on the Island tomorrow and stay over tomorrow night!!

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
For anyone interested, tomorrow is forecast to be the third day in a row we will have > 60 degree weather with sunny skies here in Portland, OR. We moved out here partially to escape the winters in NYC, last year's being particularly brutal, but the warmth/dryness we're experiencing out here is very abnormal according to the folks that have been here for years.

I am legitimately concerned about the impact of climate change in the very near term. It got serious for me when Sandy hit.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
My classes are precautionarily cancelled tomorrow and Tuesday. Starting to pick up.

They'll make a decision for me by 10am tomorrow. Knowing my luck they'll make the announcement after I get on the train.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
"Winter Storm Juno"
The whole worlds become a bunch of wimps.

I used to hear about blizzards and say "bring it on" but not after last year... ****ing 2 weeks before my 30th bday and I had the worst injury ever and that was with being careful and shoveling just like I have done for years. I thought it was my appendix but it turned out to just be an awful long-term strain. Now I get insane anxiety at the thought of a blizzard because I'm in a panic that what if it IS my appendix and there's awful weather and I can't get to the ER. :amazed: :rant:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
For anyone interested, tomorrow is forecast to be the third day in a row we will have > 60 degree weather with sunny skies here in Portland, OR. We moved out here partially to escape the winters in NYC, last year's being particularly brutal, but the warmth/dryness we're experiencing out here is very abnormal according to the folks that have been here for years.

I am legitimately concerned about the impact of climate change in the very near term. It got serious for me when Sandy hit.
Yeah man it's been in the 50's here for a bit. :laugh:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Stay safe up there people.

Although to be honest, you guys can handle 2-3 feet of snow better than the people down here can handle 2-3 centimeters.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Yeah man it's been in the 50's here for a bit. :laugh:

Love it up there, but man, with the rain, Portland is about as cold as I can handle. One of my favorite parts about being up in Vancouver in December was being able to watch the sunrise at 8:30AM. So awesome being able to take sunrise photos without having to wake up early!

Any chance you can ship my some Driftwood beer? :)

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Love it up there, but man, with the rain, Portland is about as cold as I can handle. One of my favorite parts about being up in Vancouver in December was being able to watch the sunrise at 8:30AM. So awesome being able to take sunrise photos without having to wake up early!

Any chance you can ship my some Driftwood beer? :)
Haha I've never been to the brewery but it's like a 10 minute walk from here.

I'll keep an eye on the weather, was really looking forward to this game.

Auf, pls ship me beer

I'm overnighting your Keystone Ice tallboy before the storm hits.

Does anyone know what time it's supposed to start?

Last edited:

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Are you going to the February 14th game at the Glendale Arena. I will be going to my first Ranger game in 17 years that night. Am in Section 118. And, yes, though not as warm as Phoenix, we are at about 68 degrees and sunny in my part of Arizona.

Yes I am. Sitting in 2nd row behind the Rangers bench. As we get closer to the game, we'll have a Phoenix roll call and the forum members will get together for a pregame toddy at one of the local bars.

Even with the threat of two feet of snow, I can't imagine not having 4 seasons.

You get past that real quick, trust me!

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
I really, really miss the snow. I would give a lot to have two feet dumped on my place overnight.

I'm heading to Banff in early February to get my snow fix. For a while, at least.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Weather in Eastern Norway is...well..screwy is really the best i can describe it.

We got some snow.. temperature is jumping between 5 and -15 celcius, and right now its 2 degrees and raining (which makes driving an...interesting exercise).

Vidic15*

I really, really miss the snow. I would give a lot to have two feet dumped on my place overnight.

I'm heading to Banff in early February to get my snow fix. For a while, at least.

I like snow as much as you, but in a place as crowded as NYC, Long Island, it's a nightmare. Good luck to all my fellow NYers in the days ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad