Pre-Game Talk: Ranger/Isle Game in Danger of Postponement | 2-3 FT of Snow | All Game Updates Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Looks like we couldn't dodge the snow bullet any longer...we are suppose to get slammed with a over a foot of snow tomorrow into Tuesday. Everyone stay safe out there! Hopefully Nash flys stright back after the game today and that the Isles game doesnt get postponed...

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

Last edited by a moderator:

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Even though there's basically no travel for the away team, I don't think there's any way this game isn't cancelled. We're talking about 2 feet of snow on the Island. It's supposed to start overnight tonight and end Wed morning.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Greetings from Buffalo where we get 8 feet in 36 hours and sitting consistently on 1-2 feet since November. They'll deal.

Eh, that's not really fair to say.

As someone who has lived in both Buffalo and on Long Island, it's all relative.

WNY gets way more snow, way more often than we do. Your residents, towns, local governments are far more prepared, and experienced in "dealing" with snow.

That's why when they get 2" in Atlanta, the city shuts down.

It's all relative.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Looks like we couldn't dodge the snow bullet any longer...we are suppose to get slammed with a over a foot of snow tomorrow into Tuesday. Everyone stay safe out there! Hopefully Nash flys stright back after the game today and that the Isles game doesnt get postponed...

650x366_01251408_hd25.jpg

650x366_01251248_hd26.jpg

650x366_01251157_hd34.jpg

Keep in mind Islanders could be without Tavares and Halak if they all get stuck trying to fly back, if they even play Tuesday night.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Really I would hope tuesday's game is played. The Rangers already have to make up one with Buffalo and we'll be jamming the schedule even more at the end.

I have to say I remember as a kid we use to have major storms at least several times every winter. Out with the snow shovel to see if I could make some cash. People use to deal with it. We don't get nearly as much snow now and people freak out faster.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Eh, that's not really fair to say.

As someone who has lived in both Buffalo and on Long Island, it's all relative.

WNY gets way more snow, way more often than we do. Your residents, towns, local governments are far more prepared, and experienced in "dealing" with snow.

That's why when they get 2" in Atlanta, the city shuts down.

It's all relative.
Erie county is short on equipment. Only recently has the TA and state police decided to get more equipment and resources. The towns got little to no help until the national guard came. The reason Atlanta shuts down is because snow is a rare occurrence and they aren't prepared for a very unusual type of weather and precipitation. We are in the northeast and the NY metro area is more than able to deal with 24 inches.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
8 feet? Holy ****. How do you deal with that?

We didn't. We were stranded in homes (except people who were authorized to drive: plows, huge dump truck tanks with tons of salt, national guard and medical personnel) until the national guard got here and erie county and townships dug majority of us out.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Leave it to the Fishstix to have a GM named after this crap.

:laugh:

I love the white stuff, hope we get two feet, some stroke of luck I had taken off the next two days of work. Like eco said, we used to get a few storms a year back in the day, they used to play the games sometimes too. There was that infamous Devils-Calgary game in December 87 where 334 fans showed up in a 20" blizzard. I remember they cancelled a game at the Garden in '94 cause of a snowstorm, Cup year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad