Pre-Game Talk: Ranger/Isle Game in Danger of Postponement | 2-3 FT of Snow | All Game Updates Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Snow fall totals have been upped to 18-24 inches for our area.....

StormTotalSnowRange.png

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Anyone have any idea what they might do with the game? NHL rule is if players and officials can get to the game then they'll play it but I think they may PPD it regardless because they could still play the game Wenesday since that fits into both teams schedules.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Snow fall totals have been upped to 18-24 inches for our area.....

StormTotalSnowRange.png

My father is a meterologist in NY. Told me there is an outside chance for parts of LI and NYC to receive 24-36 inches. Up to three feet of snow.

If thats the case, no way the game happens. Secondly, if we got 36 inches, Im not even sure if Wed would work for the game.

People are going to be snowed in for a couple of days. They are comparing it to the February 2013 Blizzard.

Kids will be home from school for a couple of days.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
My father is a meterologist in NY. Told me there is an outside chance for parts of LI and NYC to receive 24-36 inches. Up to three feet of snow.

If thats the case, no way the game happens. Secondly, if we got 36 inches, Im not even sure if Wed would work for the game.

People are going to be snowed in for a couple of days. They are comparing it to the February 2013 Blizzard.

Kids will be home from school for a couple of days.

Looks like he is right, the latest EURO model predicts 3 feet of snow for us..

B8NyWi3IMAAAR11.jpg

WOW

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don't miss snow at all. ****ing Rangers/Isles is day after my birthday, I was excited for it. :(

lol @ that chart, Manhattan is getting annihilated.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Ugh, so jealous. We only have a 3-5in event here in DC. My first day of the semester is Tuesday, hope school closes :D

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
I ****ing hate snow with every fiber of my being. I'm STILL recovering from a ****ing ab muscle strain from 11 ****ing months ago thanks to the blizzard we got in NJ. **** YOU SNOW!!!!

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I looked over both teams schedules and found three dates that work for both teams. Wednesday this week which may not work depending on how bad this is though I don't see how the players and officials at the least wouldn't be able to get to the arena, Thursday March 19th, and Sunday April 12th at the end of the season though I don't think the Isles would go for that since it messes up their final home game at the Coliseum plans.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
I looked over both teams schedules and found three dates that work for both teams. Wednesday this week which may not work depending on how bad this is though I don't see how the players and officials at the least wouldn't be able to get to the arena, Thursday March 19th, and Sunday April 12th at the end of the season though I don't think the Isles would go for that since it messes up their final home game at the Coliseum plans.

If we get 36 inches, its not happening Wed. Unless players are airlifted into the arena.

Also, the arena would be empty if we truly had 36 inches of snow. It would look horrible on TV to have 2-4k fans in the arena for a Rangers Isles game.

Walk With Lias

Sep 18, 2007
If any of the beat writers confirm that the Rangers are traveling to Long Island after practice tomorrow it'll be all but a certainty that they're going to try as hard as possible to play.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I work 12 hour shifts at a hospital. I'm scheduled to work Tuesday and Wednesday. As of now, I'm still responsible for getting myself to work on Tuesday morning.

I'm freaking out. Would have to spend two nights in a likely haunted hospital so I can be present for my shifts on top of that if road conditions are bad.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
I'll be taking the day off on Tuesday. No way I'm lugging into Hoboken. Stay safe everyone!

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
every time we get a blizzard predicted ahead of time it turns into a mild slush storm so excuse me if i don't buy it without seeing it :laugh:

Would be crazy to get two games cancelled in one season due to snow, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad