Randy Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
If Carlyle were going to be fired, it would have happened during the 12 game losing stretch or after the 9-3 loss to Winnipeg a couple nights ago. Murray is clearly going for a tank here, and the best way to accomplish that is by keeping a coach behind the bench that the team has clearly given up on.

This roster isn't winning a Cup. No sense trying to make a big leadership change until the off-season. Take the high draft pick, bring in a new coach before next season, make some roster decisions (*cough*buy out Kesler*cough*), and go from there.
Still, at some point don’t you have to make a change? It’s got to be disheartening to the players. Just let an assistant take over or have someone like Marchant pretend to be the coach... anything.

Actually, if Randy had any self-respect he’d have stepped down by now. That he hasn’t tells me a lot.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Carlyle's Ducks Oct 21, 2011 - Nov 27, 2011
2-12-4, 39 GF, 64 GA, 482 SF, 580 SA
(Carlyle fired three days later)
Carlyle's Ducks Dec 18, 2018 - Feb 4, 2019
2-12-4, 31 GF, 68 GA, 486 SF, 586 SA
(sets timer)

@earlsleek

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Still, at some point don’t you have to make a change? It’s got to be disheartening to the players. Just let an assistant take over or have someone like Marchant pretend to be the coach... anything.

Actually, if Randy had any self-respect he’d have stepped down by now. That he hasn’t tells me a lot.

exactly

i get it. murray wants to throw in the towel and wait until the season ends to fire carlyle. but when you lose 12 in a row and get blown out in back to back games how can you not make a change? i've never seen anything like this before

so the plan from now on is basically who the **** cares? if im the players why even bother showing up anymore?

Reactions: ADHB

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
I see this as such a F U to ducks fans at this point....I just cant get over the fact that any "hockey person" who know the game and is a postion to make decisions for a NHL team, can continue to allow this to go on...if you are sellers at the TDL, well all our players look like crap so good luck getting a fair return...if you want to try and make the PO's (IMO that aint happening) then how can you think this coach can get that done (again, assuming you know the game of hockey)... i get you dont want to mess with S.D. but its not like thats the only option...i just want it to end

and the worst part is that its cricketts from this organization

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokeyDuck
Oct 18, 2011
I see this as such a F U to ducks fans at this point....I just cant get over the fact that any "hockey person" who know the game and is a postion to make decisions for a NHL team, can continue to allow this to go on...if you are sellers at the TDL, well all our players look like crap so good luck getting a fair return...if you want to try and make the PO's (IMO that aint happening) then how can you think this coach can get that done (again, assuming you know the game of hockey)... i get you dont want to mess with S.D. but its not like thats the only option...i just want it to end
I blame the owners. They have the power to stop this and they're letting it snowball down hill

Maybe they already this season is dead and need a high pick

Still I feel bad for Gibson. On most other teams he'd run away with the vezina

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
exactly

i get it. murray wants to throw in the towel and wait until the season ends to fire carlyle. but when you lose 12 in a row and get blown out in back to back games how can you not make a change? i've never seen anything like this before

so the plan from now on is basically who the **** cares? if im the players why even bother showing up anymore?

Why not? Ducks are in lottery pick position. Kings won tonight. We are 5 points in front of Kings with a game ahead of em for second overall in draft.

We seriously got a chance for Hughes this draft. Stay the course. This team needs a new franchise center. Enough of these damn bandaids that the ducks do every season.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
Why not? Ducks are in lottery pick position. Kings won tonight. We are 5 points in front of Kings with a game ahead of em for second overall in draft.

We seriously got a chance for Hughes this draft. Stay the course. This team needs a new franchise center. Enough of these damn bandaids that the ducks do every season.

I remember when tanking was frowned upon.

Reactions: Elf

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA

I'm not sold on Hughes sticking at center long-term. And sure, being in a position to select someone like Hughes would be nice, but there is absolutely no f***ing respectability to the way the Ducks have been playing. These recent showings have been beyond atrocious.

Even committing to the so-called "tank" doesn't mean watching an embarrassment skating around on the ice in every damned game.

Reactions: ZzZz

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Hughes is as surefire as a #1C as they come. Obviously he is small and there is chance of injuries etc. But if he is on the ice he is going to be amazing.

Reactions: AngelDuck
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

That's where I'm at. You never know with prospects but for the most part our pool is quite fine, it's just missing one piece, which as you said is a potential franchise center. Well maybe a defenseman too but I'm content with what we have. Anyway, yeah, intentional or not it seems like we might luck into fixing that without having to tear this whole thing down, which frankly would be amazing.

I kind of find it odd that the guys who want to tank also want Randy gone ASAP. I mean, isnt your whole thing to want to lose? He's the best man for that job.

Reactions: AngelDuck

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I'm not sold on Hughes sticking at center long-term. And sure, being in a position to select someone like Hughes would be nice, but there is absolutely no ****ing respectability to the way the Ducks have been playing. These recent showings have been beyond atrocious.

Even committing to the so-called "tank" doesn't mean watching an embarrassment skating around on the ice in every damned game.

Actually, that's exactly what it means. The fastest way for the ducks to return to a high level is to lose every game, fire RC after the season (technically non-renew him), and then get the first or second pick (not guaranteed).

Are you expecting them to look good but lose anyway?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Actually, that's exactly what it means. The fastest way for the ducks to return to a high level is to lose every game, fire RC after the season (technically non-renew him), and then get the first or second pick (not guaranteed).

Are you expecting them to look good but lose anyway?
Yes, that would actually be better. It would show that the team is doing the right things, they just can't execute due to whatever reason (puck luck, goaltending, skill level). Losing every game and doing so in embarrassing fashion just creates a losing culture, soon you end up like Edmonton.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
What I don't understand is why RC has such little pride in himself that he is willing to keep going out, game and game, night after night, knowing that the players are not going to produce under him. At some point he has a responsibility to himself if no one else to go to BM and tell BM to let someone take over. I know that if I were coach and the players were putting out such minimal effort for me that I would quit rather than continue to humiliate myself just to coach an additional 29 NHL games.

Reactions: Ducks DVM and ADHB

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
What I don't understand is why RC has such little pride in himself that he is willing to keep going out, game and game, night after night, knowing that the players are not going to produce under him. At some point he has a responsibility to himself if no one else to go to BM and tell BM to let someone take over. I know that if I were coach and the players were putting out such minimal effort for me that I would quit rather than continue to humiliate myself just to coach an additional 29 NHL games.
This is my thinking. If he had any self-respect he’d have stepped down by now. I find it hard to believe that he wants to resign but was told not to. So that means he still thinks he has something to offer, which is rather unbelievable given what’s happened.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
This is my thinking. If he had any self-respect he’d have stepped down by now. I find it hard to believe that he wants to resign but was told not to. So that means he still thinks he has something to offer, which is rather unbelievable given what’s happened.

It's not that unbelievable. There probably isn't a professional athlete or coach(and in this case Randy has been both) who doesn't have an ego. It's no different than how Bieksa thought he got a raw deal last year, that's not how these guys like to think.

Plus it would be akin to the captain bailing from the ship. Again, that's not how these guys think. Other than for health or family reasons you rarely see any kind of manager resign.

Reactions: duckpuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He's got 29 games left. There's no reason for him not to ride it out for every last penny. Everyone on this board would do the same.

It was up to the Samueli's to step in and try to fix this...they chose not to. Instead, it's tank time.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Randy and Bob are so fortunate that the Ducks play in a lower tier hockey market. If this was a Canadian team, the pressure would be gut wrenching. Its already embarrassing. I'm not even sad, I'm just f***ing pissed off now.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

Wouldn't that cost him money? I'm honestly not sure, but I wouldn't purposely quit my job and cost myself my income. Yes, circumstances are different but my point still stands.

Oct 18, 2011
I'm not sold on Hughes sticking at center long-term. And sure, being in a position to select someone like Hughes would be nice, but there is absolutely no ****ing respectability to the way the Ducks have been playing. These recent showings have been beyond atrocious.

Then don't watch the games until next year. This team sucks and it needs a franchise center

Hughes
Steel
Lundestrom

Actually looks like a really strong foundation at center

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
What is Hayward getting paid to be propaganda for the FO ?
The story of Carlyle & Hayward when they were teammates on the 92-93 Jets:

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Wouldn't that cost him money? I'm honestly not sure, but I wouldn't purposely quit my job and cost myself my income. Yes, circumstances are different but my point still stands.
Surely they could work something out considering he’s actually under contract for coming seasons, just in a different role.

It’s no different than in any other sport where a GM or head coach/manager resigns, but he’s still under contract and is working in the organization in a different capacity.

And in what I meant by him resigning, I meant where it’s a mutual decision between him and the front office. Basically, it would come off much better for PR purposes rather than him being fired.

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
I remember when tanking was frowned upon.

It is when the same team consistently takes high draft picks and still routinely finishes near the bottom of the league. Though I don't consider what the Oilers did to be tanking. Just incompetent team management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad