Randy Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Where do turnarounds ever come from? You can make that argument about a lot of teams crappier than Anaheim. Call it pride, if you want. History suggests that this rate of losing will not continue, because the players won’t let it.

We see it every year, and again, we see it with teams worse than Anaheim. I’m not saying Anaheim will go from playing like this to playing like a playoff team. I’m just saying that we shouldn’t expect them to continue to free fall to the very bottom, because the players are unlikely to let it.
Do I think they’re going to continue 2-16 the rest of the way...probably not

Do I think they’re going to play appreciably better than they have the whole year..hell no, not with RC

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The sad thing is they don't have to have some awful record the rest of the way, just merely bad, which is a great improvement over what is happening now. They have pretty much done the heavy lifting by losing an unconscionable 16 of 18.

If they lose to Montreal today (they will), Florida beats St. Louis, and the hawks beat the oilers we will be in the fifth pick with Detroit, new New Jersey, and LA right on our heels.

Everyone has games on us, it's just a matter of when we hit rock bottom and start to stabilize that we will have a better idea on what is realistic, it just hasn't happened yet. That's scary.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I think Exit is inferring that the team will not maintain this level of play until the end of the season. The roster is better than the results, and they just aren’t going to sit back and let it happen for a good draft pick.
Exactly that. A significant injury to Gibson could hobble the team enough to do that, though.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Yeah, this season is the counterpoint to people who like to say teams don’t tank. The players don’t, but the organization can certainly take steps to ensure the team as a whole does. Keeping RC is a tank move.
That Murray is deliberately sabotaging the team isn't lost on me.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Exactly that. A significant injury to Gibson could hobble the team enough to do that, though.
The problem is they don't have to keep playing this way to get to the bottom. They are here, and have played more games than almost everyone.

If they keep playing like this they will hit last place, nobody is playing worse.

Reactions: GeraldDucksworth

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
The problem is they don't have to keep playing this way to get to the bottom. They are here, and have played more games than almost everyone.

If they keep playing like this they will hit last place, nobody is playing worse.
I don't think that trend will hold.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Playing Gibson so much isn’t a tank move.

Carlyle is incompetent. He isn’t trying to lose.

Edit: And playing Gibson like this just isn’t smart, whether you’re pro-tank or not.

I think even Murray knows that Carlyle is incompetent.

I think he was aware it was only a small chance that Carlyle lights a fire in them to get past the game 7 hurdles in 2016-17 & win the cup but also knew the downside in the system he plays & that he's lost the team before.
He has Eakins as Carlyles replacement next year who seems to have the Gulls playing a modern game.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
with the way everyone takes 5 steps back playing under RC (except gibson,) and combined with the fact that a lot of the roster is either old and done or wearing out or just having an off year, this team could truly be a contender for winning the draft lottery

there's a first time for everything!

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
People are really underestimating what kind of long term effect a season continued like this can have. I don’t understand how people can be happy with leaving Carlyle in and watching this shit whether it means we get a top 3 draft pick or not, which is no guarantee anyways no matter where we finish with the current lottery format. It’s one thing to suck but I can only imagine how bad things are getting in that locker room. If they switched coaches right now they would probably still get a decent pick and may even have a strong end to the season, which contrary to popular belief, is not a completely bad thing even if they miss the playoffs because it goes a long way for next season

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
with the way everyone takes 5 steps back playing under RC (except gibson,) and combined with the fact that a lot of the roster is either old and done or wearing out or just having an off year, this team could truly be a contender for winning the draft lottery

If & i mean IF they managed to win the lottery for #1, i'd buy a Hughes jersey.
Then imagine all the anger in the freeway series.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
People are really underestimating what kind of long term effect a season continued like this can have. I don’t understand how people can be happy with leaving Carlyle in and watching this **** whether it means we get a top 3 draft pick or not, which is no guarantee anyways no matter where we finish with the current lottery format. It’s one thing to suck but I can only imagine how bad things are getting in that locker room. If they switched coaches right now they would probably still get a decent pick and may even have a strong end to the season, which contrary to popular belief, is not a completely bad thing even if they miss the playoffs because it goes a long way for next season
We bounced back from the year we picked Lindholm. Only difference was Carlyle was let it go before this mark. There’s no reason to believe this suckiness will carry on to the next year with a new system.

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
We bounced back from the year we picked Lindholm. Only difference was Carlyle was let it go before this mark. There’s no reason to believe this suckiness will carry on to the next year with a new system.
I’m one of the posters that thinks this roster can be at least competitive with a new coach and a few minor changes next year so I agree but it’s not just about that, players lose confidence after this goes on for so long and not just in their own ability but in the team and managements ability to make decisions

Reactions: ShadowDuck

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

That year we were just bad, we were at least competitive in most games. This year we are getting completely outplayed every night and it’s affecting the psych of the players. Look at how broken our young dmen are and how little Gibson gives a f*** anymore and tell me how that’s good for the long term growth of those players.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
That year we were just bad, we were at least competitive in most games. This year we are getting completely outplayed every night and it’s affecting the psych of the players. Look at how broken our young dmen are and how little Gibson gives a **** anymore and tell me how that’s good for the long term growth of those players.

And it's good players looking frustrated and demoralized. It's not just some scrubs on a bad team knowing they are a bad team.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010

Unfortunately Gibson might be joining the take a step back program
Him watching the Vezina chances vanish as well as seeing the same mistakes provide scoring chances regularly is wearing g him down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad