Confirmed with Link: Randy Lee to be arraigned in Buffalo court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizwald

Dec 19, 2017
It's obvious a symptom of someone who's worked for Eugene Melnyk for far too long.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Often times prosecutors will settle on "lesser" charges because they end up being much easier to prove in court. I have no idea what actually happened, but that could be a potential explanation for a discrepancy between the charges and any rumours floating about.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Not to derail the thread but coaches are more related to Dorion's choice than ownership IMO. AS well as our current lineup.

Add this Randy Lee thing to the list.

Completely false. Dorion makes his choice for coach based on the funds we have. Who is the last experienced NHL coach we've hired with a track record?
This all falls on the owner.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Melnyk forced Dorion to trade for Burrows and sign him to a 2 year, 5 million dollar deal?

Every point except that one is ownership related. And yes it was a horrible trade from day one. Every team has made trades like that. Including Washington, who is in the Final.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
“I’ve got a 19-year-old victim who thinks it’s probably a cool thing to get an assistant general manager of a hockey team in the car,” said Flynn. “How many times does a 19 year old get a chance to talk to a general manager of a hockey team and talk about the Stanley Cup and different hockey players?
“That’s kind of a cool thing. What’s not cool is what happened and so that’s why Mr. Lee is going to have to answer for his uncool behaviour.”

Who is this guy? Jesus.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
“I’ve got a 19-year-old victim who thinks it’s probably a cool thing to get an assistant general manager of a hockey team in the car,” said Flynn. “How many times does a 19 year old get a chance to talk to a general manager of a hockey team and talk about the Stanley Cup and different hockey players?
“That’s kind of a cool thing. What’s not cool is what happened and so that’s why Mr. Lee is going to have to answer for his uncool behaviour.”

Who is this guy? Jesus.

Where in god's name is that quote from? A middle school cafeteria?

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Often times prosecutors will settle on "lesser" charges because they end up being much easier to prove in court. I have no idea what actually happened, but that could be a potential explanation for a discrepancy between the charges and any rumours floating about.

Sure but the DA literally said "this isn't the crime of the century"

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
The new PR guy suddenly got very busy.
Amazing. First day on the job. Lol.

So Nicolas, here's your office. The bathrooms are down that hall. The IT guys will hook up your computer and set you all up.
And let's see... what else?
Oh yeah, there's something on your desk about the Asst-GM I'd like you to take care of.

Reactions: Daffy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Completely false. Dorion makes his choice for coach based on the funds we have. Who is the last experienced NHL coach we've hired with a track record?
This all falls on the owner.

I suppose you could go check but when the team hired Boucher and then Crawford I think we had more head coach experience standing on our bench than 2/3rds of the league. I'm guessing on that but I suspect the guess is on the low side. it is not as though our current bench lacks experience and the 2 guys we hired both had successful seasons under their belt.

There's a lot of places to find fault but that one is not imo

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Tsn has videos with the DA. You get the impression the DA is like "I can't believe this is news worthy, but hey at least I get to tell the kids I was on Canadian TV!"

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I suppose you could go check but when the team hired Boucher and then Crawford I think we had more head coach experience standing on our bench than 2/3rds of the league. I'm guessing on that but I suspect the guess is on the low side. it is not as though our current bench lacks experience and the 2 guys we hired both had successful seasons under their belt.

There's a lot of places to find fault but that one is not imo

I'm talking head coaches. And no, Boucher doesn't count as someone who has a successful track record in the NHL. Every coach we hire is because they are the cheapest. Otherwise we would have hired Boudreau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad